PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick starts chemotherapy on Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, some of you are overly sensitive and that's with my mother having died from cancer less than a year ago.

Anyway, yeah, hopefully some of the players will be scared straight from this. If they didn't know already they should now know there are real consequences to their actions.

Agreed, ridiculously sensitive and to what? the word cancer? It's a malignant growth and if the attitude of #96 isn't malignant, I don't know what it is. The difference is it's not going to kill anyone, but it could "kill" the team's chances.

And that's with me having had cancer a few years ago.

Learn to differentiate between the metaphorical and the literal.

Last edited:
Cancers and references to them aren't a good idea ... IMO.

Bad apples and sour grapes work better.

i concur. thought the same thing when i saw the post

Agreed, ridiculously sensitive and to what? the word cancer? It's a malignant growth and if the attitude of #96 isn't malignant, I don't know what it is. The difference is it's not going to kill anyone, but it could "kill" the team's chances.

Ok, then in that case there are a lot of metaphorical ***gots on this forum. That's ok in this context right? :rolleyes:

Gosh, some of you are overly sensitive and that's with my mother having died from cancer less than a year ago.

Anyway, yeah, hopefully some of the players will be scared straight from this. If they didn't know already they should now know there are real consequences to their actions.

Thanks guys............. given the metaphoric world we live in, it's kind dumb to be too overly wrapped up in how they are used (since we all use them all the time). If I say "Patriots got KILLED last week in the second half", do I really have to make a disclaimer that I mean no offense to those that have lost loved ones in unexpected and tragic manner. :rolleyes:

Ok, then in that case there are a lot of metaphorical ***gots on this forum. That's ok in this context right? :rolleyes:

Considering that the world derives it origins from an 16th century Britian as a term referring to "old and contemptuous woman", than I'd have to say that this season, it certainly appears we have our share of those here. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cancer is a derogatory term?

cancer is a derogatory term?

I think calling someone "a cancer" is a derogatory term, yes.

You don't hear people say "what cute baby! His smile is cancerous!" - at least not here in Canada.

I do not think the bad apple is one guy.

In reality I think our coordinators have been miserable this year and that has led to losing, which has permeated the locker room like a bad stink, and guys react differently to losing and that combine that with a locker room devoid of strong leaders and this allows guys to feel they can act out.

Road to recovery:

1.) Need an offensive coordinator
2.) Leaders need to step forward and restore order. Mayo are you listening?
3.) BB please take over the defensive play calling.

Man oh man some people in here need to grow a sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes