Welcome to PatsFans.com

Belichick speaks re: QBs taking chances in practice

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BradyFTW!, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +152 / 4 / -1

#12 Jersey

This is actually from yesterday, but I haven't seen it discussed here yet. I don't have a whole lot to say on the matter, but just thought that it was an interesting take, and definitely warrants a read:

Belichick encourages Pats passers to take chances - Boston.com

General jist of it is this quote from Belichick:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I thought I heard Brady talking about this subject yesterday too, saying we have to make mistakes in practice to know what we can and cant do come game time, makes sense.
  3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I think if you are going to link to a particular outlet the Globe unfortunately isn't the one to unless they are the only one with the information since they are now a paid subscription site. Curran was actually the guy who asked the question.

Belichick defends Mallett's camp miscues

And there was a lot more to the response than just mistakes in practice are OK. Taking chances is one thing. The caveat is you learn from your mistakes. Repeating poor decisions or bad throws/angles/route adjustments, etc. is never a good thing in practice let alone in game.

I thought it was equally interesting that BB kind of leveled a dig at the armchair crowd.

I think he would tell you the same thing happens with backs and receivers and linemen and on defense...

With the all 22 coming that is something to remain mindful of. We still won't know what was supposed to happen so we can only guess what went wrong when something bad does. And when something good happens sometimes it's still the result of a bad play or execution and just random luck it worked out. He'll take it but he won't necessarily like it and he will still want it fixed. Random doesn't fly here for good reason...it's randomness can't be counted on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.