PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick skipping on league meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure there will be others representing the team..I agree he has other things to get done..

Both Bob and Jonathan Kraft are on various committees.

The title of this get-together is The NFL's Annual Owner's Meeting, so until BB replaces Kraft as owner, this is non-news.

That is except for folks like Florio who make money via revenues and ratings based on stirring the pot and getting opposing fans riled up, pointing their fingers at each other.

IMO, tHere's no business that can be conducted in a conference setting that can't be accomplished by telephone in 1/10th or 1/100th the time.

But I'm wondering what business he did at last year's meeting that was so important it had to have been done there. Do you happen to remember?

The only thing I remember is that he apologized for the Spygate fiasco. Granted, however, I know exactly **** about what goes on at these league meetings.

IMO, tHere's no business that can be conducted in a conference setting that can't be accomplished by telephone in 1/10th or 1/100th the time.

Yes and no. Conferences are where you exchange the deepest gossip, arrange those "chance" conversations, renew old relationships, etc. That said, it makes tons of sense that this draft year is different from years past, so you set your priorities accordingly. Not a really big deal.

Business is done at the meetings. Are we really so brainwashed as a fan base that we're going to ignore this? If Belichick doesn't want to go, that's on him, and I assume he has his well thought out reasons.

Post draft, I hope we read how Belichick skipped the league meetings in order to make his annual Florida scouting trip. And while there, he takes care of a little business with this Taylor fella at his home turf. Now THAT would be a worthy accomplishment...

BB is my God. F the haters.

Had I drafted Bethel Johnson, Marquis Hill and Chad Jackson with my #2 picks I know that I'd be working overtime to ensure I didn't piss away major chances to improve the team. Way to go Bill!

Actually - those were all Pioli picks. The way they did it was BB got the first round, Pioli the second.

I suspect it was posted in an attempt to belittle Bill..

Paranoid much?
There's probably more than one nfl coach who would like to do the same thing except that the schmoozing is mandatory in this back-scratching, back-stabbing league.

I might be wrong but I think BB has missed this before and I think he isn't the first coach to miss it.

I would imagine a lot of work gets done at these meetings but I would bet most of the work is geared toward global NFL things and not individual team stuff but teams looking to make trades may use this time for that too. I would guess the Pats will plenty represented here including someone in the personell dept.

I might be wrong but I think BB has missed this before and I think he isn't the first coach to miss it.

I would imagine a lot of work gets done at these meetings but I would bet most of the work is geared toward global NFL things and not individual team stuff but teams looking to make trades may use this time for that too. I would guess the Pats will plenty represented here including someone in the personell dept.

The only reason it's a story is because the Peppers deal was supposed to be worked out there. If that erroneous bit of news wasn't first reported this would be a non-story. I don't think Parcells has ever attended these meetings as coach or front office type.

The only reason it's a story is because the Peppers deal was supposed to be worked out there. If that erroneous bit of news wasn't first reported this would be a non-story. I don't think Parcells has ever attended these meetings as coach or front office type.

I agree, is he the only coach not going?

Who knew that Will Shakespeare was prescient about Patriots football? Much Ado About Nothing.

I'm sure he's just sick of the other teams trying to pry knowledge from him when they are supposed to be there focusing on ways to better the NFL. The NFL hasn't done BB any favors so I don't blame him.

I'm sure he's just sick of the other teams trying to pry knowledge from him when they are supposed to be there focusing on ways to better the NFL. The NFL hasn't done BB any favors so I don't blame him.

Right, except for a few mitt-fulls of dough...

Right, except for a few mitt-fulls of dough...

He earned that. I'm talking about whenever he finds a way to improve the team the NFL changes the rules.

It was only a year ago that BB appeared at the owner's meetings and essentially apologized for Spygate, so I'm quite content with having him be a no-show.

It was only a year ago that BB appeared at the owner's meetings and essentially apologized for Spygate, so I'm quite content with having him be a no-show.

And when he went in years past the brew ha ha was always over his disrespectfully skipping out before the mediots breakfast with the coaches... That was how he and Tomase got off on the wrong foot. John, on his first ever assignment as a football mediot, was beside himself over Bill's unwillingness to glad hand in the lobby with all the other attendees and predicting doom because RAC was seen canoodling with Mangenius and Bill was obviously being snubbed by all the important (jealous) people. He seemed to want Kraft to do something about this anti social embarassment leading the team he was suddenly stuck covering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back