PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick says Jackson is day-to-day

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobster

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
However he understand the media doesn't believe him.

During his press briefing, I think Mr Jackson has taken Bethal's place this yr in the doggie house..

With the very limited success of our WRs, (think of the number we've brought in that have tanked) I'm starting to think that WR coaching might be part of the problem.

lobster said:
However he understand the media doesn't believe him.
Day-to-Day ............... is that mental or physical?

Isn't it a bit presumptuous to be labeling Jackson the next Bethel Johnson?

JackBauer said:
Isn't it a bit presumptuous to be labeling Jackson the next Bethel Johnson?

I agree with you. Besides Bethel's immaturity he also had horrible hands and could not go up and win a jump ball. He also ran horrid routes.

Jackson proved he could win jump balls against the Jets. I'd NEVER seen Bethel even come CLOSE to that sideline catch.
Jackson's hands have never been a question.
Jury is still out on his route running, but I think he's already on his way to being a much better WR than Bethel could ever hope to be.

Who's not?

wtf?
how long has this guy been injured for???

shouldn't her damn hamstring be healed now.?

Last edited:
Relax, she'll be fine

Brownfan80 said:
With the very limited success of our WRs, (think of the number we've brought in that have tanked) I'm starting to think that WR coaching might be part of the problem.
I agree with a lot of your posts, BF80, but here I have to disagree. The position is prone to failure, the personalities involved are me-first, and the organization has misfired several times on good signings (Mason and Stallworth come to mind).

It's early to be blaming Daboll or Brady for a problem that takes time to solve. I do blame the FO for not planning ahead and better understanding Deion's state of mind. But if WR is still suspect this week, I'd give it a pass for a few more weeks.

OTOH, Gostkowski and the ST's coach are more in the spotlight this week than any other position. Two blocked field goals which are both on the kicker and on his protection.

Last edited:
PatsWickedPissah said:
Relax, she'll be fine

I think that he not will play next sunday

Last edited:
PatsFan37 said:
I agree with a lot of your posts, BF80, but here I have to disagree. The position is prone to failure, the personalities involved are me-first, and the organization has misfired several times on good signings (Mason and Stallworth come to mind).

It's early to be blaming Daboll or Brady for a problem that takes time to solve. I do blame the FO for not planning ahead and better understanding Deion's state of mind. But if WR is still suspect this week, I'd give it a pass for a few more weeks.

OTOH, Gostkowski and the ST's coach are more in the spotlight this week than any other position. Two blocked field goals which are both on the kicker and on his protection.

"OTOH, Gostkowski and the ST's coach are more in the spotlight this week than any other position. Two blocked field goals which are both on the kicker and on his protection."[/QUOTE]

I agree. I've thought that Seeley has stunk for the last three years. It's past time for an upgrade.

Jackson not playing killed the team last week. If BB decides to bench him this week, it will kill us again. Best 45 players my ass.

PatsFan37 said:

I suppose you're right, it is a tough position and one prone to headcases.

I suppose that must be why the bigwigs haven't spent too many picks on the WR position.

I guess it probably isn't the coaching when you consider Givens and Branch. Hayes was never considered a bright bulb, Terrell was a bust that we took a shot at, and Bethel was a raw young developmental prospect that they just misfired on.

I guess it may be time to actually spend some dough on that position successfully. I know they threw dollars at Branch and Mason, but I'm feeling it's just about time for a real #1 WR in these parts.

BB likes Chad Johnson, maybe we could trade for him? (I am joking) But wouldn't it be nice if he did end up here when/if he hits free agency? Wow. Brady'd probably pee himself.

soxpatsbscs said:
Jackson not playing killed the team last week. If BB decides to bench him this week, it will kill us again. Best 45 players my ass.

I don't know when some of you guys decided this guy was that good. A nice sideline catch. Great. He also dropped a bomb right in his hands. Lets not grow his legend before he actually does anything.

I'm guessing she's not going to play this week either.

Brownfan80 said:
BB likes Chad Johnson, maybe we could trade for him? (I am joking) But wouldn't it be nice if he did end up here when/if he hits free agency? Wow. Brady'd probably pee himself.

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. I don't particularly care for Johnson's trash talking but he obviously does it a good natured way as opposed to being just an @ss. I am sick of that NFL network commercial that damn thing is getting old. "where you at 85" :rolleyes: annoying.

He is signed through 2010, so not much hope.

Last edited:
mgcolby said:
I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. I don't particularly care for Johnson's trash talking but he obviously does it a good natured way as opposed to being just an @ss. I am sick of that NFL network commercial that damn thing is getting old. "where you at 85" :rolleyes: annoying.

He is signed through 2010, so not much hope.

2010? Dang!

Yeah I haven't seen that Ad since I don't have NFL Network. Bummer for me.

I've seen the NFL Replay Ad with him in it over and over though, but I can't get sick of that one: The blonde chick to the right of Johnson during his part is too hot for me to get sick of. :D

Brownfan80 said:
2010? Dang!

Yeah I haven't seen that Ad since I don't have NFL Network. Bummer for me.

I've seen the NFL Replay Ad with him in it over and over though, but I can't get sick of that one: The blonde chick to the right of Johnson during his part is too hot for me to get sick of. :D

That one is relatively new. The other one has been on all off season and it seemingly runs every third or fourth commercial.

mgcolby said:
That one is relatively new. The other one has been on all off season and it seemingly runs every third or fourth commercial.

Well that would get annoying. Too bad there's no hot chick in that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back