PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick Reveals His Plan for the Defense on WFEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armen Da Pats Fan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score

Patriots coach Bill Belichick, speaking on his weekly radio show on fantasy station WFEI, has revealed his plan for 2011 Patriots defense.

"Eight games in, I think we have a pretty good idea of what we have", Belichick said on the Mafata Shimeo Show on Tuesday.

"My plan from here on out is to release at least one defensive starter every week so that I can restock and rebuild the roster with players no one has ever heard of", the coach said.

"I was in Mattapan yesterday and I saw 3-4 kids playing a street game and they looked like they might make fine starting defensive backs, linebackers and defensive lineman, and since I am a genius and everyone else is an idiot, of course, I would know this better than anyone else. So we should be announcing the signings of these kids by Thursday and they will start in the Jets game on Sunday night to replace the starter I am letting go of this week."

Shortly after the interview, the Patriots released defense tackle Albert Haynesworth, which was apparently this week's unexplained defensive starter release, following the releases of James Sanders, Brandon Merriweather and Leigh Bodden earlier in the season.

Belichick also addressed the seemingly confused play of Chad Ochocinco by saying that the reciever was "working hard" and "trying his best" and that at the season's half way point, in addition to training camp, Ochocinco seems to have learned "about 4 1/2 pages of the offensive playbook".

When asked about the former star reciever's route running, Belichick said, "It's really not Chad. His shoes have been tight and we did not know this until very late in the Giants game. Our team trainer is going to Modell's tomorrow to get him the right sized cleats and we expect to see a drastic improvement in the Jets game."

Last edited:
Intruiging thread title. The content less so. Must try harder :snob:

gongsh2.jpg

images

next!

Last edited:
Come on, y'all!

I'm just having a little hump day fun!

LOL!

I love the Bill, and honestly, I am happy that lazy fat-ass Haynesworth is gone, but I do like to play. This I know.

Haha forget them man, I thought it was funny stuff! Nice work!

Patriots coach Bill Belichick, speaking on his weekly radio show on fantasy station WFEI, has revealed his plan for 2011 Patriots defense.

"Eight games in, I think we have a pretty good idea of what we have", Belichick said on the Mafata Shimeo Show on Tuesday.

"My plan from here on out is to release at least one defensive starter every week so that I can restock and rebuild the roster with players no one has ever heard of", the coach said.

"I was in Mattapan yesterday and I saw 3-4 kids playing a street game and they looked like they might make fine starting defensive backs, linebackers and defensive lineman, and since I am a genius and everyone else is an idiot, of course, I would know this better than anyone else. So we should be announcing the signings of these kids by Thursday and they will start in the Jets game on Sunday night to replace the starter I am letting go of this week."

Shortly after the interview, the Patriots released defense tackle Albert Haynesworth, which was apparently this week's unexplained defensive starter release, following the releases of James Sanders, Brandon Merriweather and Leigh Bodden earlier in the season.

Belichick also addressed the seemingly confused play of Chad Ochocinco by saying that the reciever was "working hard" and "trying his best" and that at the season's half way point, in addition to training camp, Ochocinco seems to have learned "about 4 1/2 pages of the offensive playbook".

When asked about the former star reciever's route running, Belichick said, "It's really not Chad. His shoes have been tight and we did not know this until very late in the Giants game. Our team trainer is going to Modell's tomorrow to get him the right sized cleats and we expect to see a drastic improvement in the Jets game."

Yeah, and if we were all fans of the Thai national soccer team, Mr. Da Pats Fan would be in jail right now for that satire.

This will be an interesting test of the relative thickness of our skins.

We're building a castle on a swamp.

When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England.

Hopefully the fourth one stays up.

Come on, y'all!

I'm just having a little hump day fun!

LOL!

I love the Bill, and honestly, I am happy that lazy fat-ass Haynesworth is gone, but I do like to play. This I know.

what is a hump day?????

what is a hump day?????

Wednesday, being the middle of the week, is called "hump day"...as in "getting over the hump".

Just a friendly lesson in American slang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes