PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick post game demeanor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone happen to catch (hear or lip read) what BB said to him?

I thought the words "New England" were clearly mouthed at the end of one of the sentences. The one right before Rhodes started laughing self-consciously...

Is Rhodes RFA ?

He has a 4 year deal that goes in '09.

Is Rhodes RFA ?

He due to finish out a 4 yr contract next season at $460k. (2008 season is his last under contract)

But...I could be wrong, but I believe he has an option to void his last year based on performance. I could be TOTALLY wrong, but I remember reading that he could do this, which would make him a RFA.

The I've only ever seen BB that happy after a game 4 times:

Superbowl XXXVI
Brady to Brown in OT vs the Dolphins
Superbowl XXXVIII
Superbowl XXXIX

Needless to say it's very rare.

Superbowl XXXVI
Superbowl XXXVIII
Superbowl XXXIX

i would add one more to the wins you have listed, the one in Miami in 03 or 04 the one that went to OT and TB hit Troy with the eighty yard bomb......

BB not only smiled, he jumped for joy and threw his head phones 20 feet into the air. But now this is BB so after he threw his headphones into the air in a spontaneous display of utter abandon, he then had to stand there and wait for them to come back down so he could catch them. LOL always the finisher.

It was good to see BB come out of his shell for once. This guy had so much dumped on this entire season and I was genuinely happy for the guy. I remember thinking 'Dude, you beat a team with only 3 wins. What's the deal' then I remembered that he passionately hates the Jets.

While many heard, "great game Eric".. I heard, "F... you Eric and the rest of your lame team, give my regards to that butthole Tannenbaum.. kicked your fat ass again."

This whole thing is a function of the bored press and go back in history many coaches did not shake hands after a game, Landry, Grant or Lombardi.. all of this is an effort of this bored, lemming press to interject sweetness and light into a game that is basically a 60 minute war.

Last edited:
LOL... I dunno that we want to morph into GangBlue
I can hear it now: "Illegal tampering/recruiting opposing players after games-gate". Polian is probably lobbying about this with Goodell right now. :rolleyes:

That grin on his face was faker than mine when my Mother In Law shows up unannounced on a Saturday.

Young man, this is your Mother-In-Law. I'm using Bostonian1962's account. You SOB! Love, Mom

Kerry Rhodes is a future pro-bowler. Had an excellent year last season.

I noticed this too....but Rhodes called Bill Belichick over after the game as BB nearly walked past him.

Last edited:
That grin on his face was faker than mine when my Mother In Law shows up unannounced on a Saturday.

HA HA HA HA......Hey....I have that "smile" in my bag of tricks too........I should get an academy award sometime with that smile too........Unfortuneatly, occasionally the occasional "Aw sh**!" comes out of my mouth at the same time the smile is powering up.......Must be a freudian slip....

Superbowl XXXVI
Superbowl XXXVIII
Superbowl XXXIX

You guys are all crazy. The 2002 romp over the Jets when Victor Green ran back an Int.

Plus

Every game against the Jets. He hates the Jets. He hates the orginization, he hates the coach, he loves loves loves beating the Jets.

You guys are all crazy. The 2002 romp over the Jets when Victor Green ran back an Int.

Plus

Every game against the Jets. He hates the Jets. He hates the orginization, he hates the coach, he loves loves loves beating the Jets.

He was very happy after this year's Indy game.

I think his joy after games is genuine. The guy puts in more than 112hrs a week into preparation and probably gives himself 30mins to relax and enjoy it before he gets crackin' on the next little fish on the schedule. During that 30mins, he has to do a presser and address his team. On the ride home he is thinking about next week already. Shoot, if I had that kind of life, I'd be streaking end zone to end zone after every win!

Mr. PatJew,
Are you orthodox? Is there a decent kosher option in Hong Kong?

Not saying he doesn't like other wins but...he hates the jets, with a white hot hate.

Bills smile at the end of the game was somewhat reminiscent of this:

grinch.jpg

Contrary to what many pundits here thought, Bill was EXTREMELY pleased with the game his team played yesterday given the conditions and the kitchen sink the JETS were throwing at them in desperation. He was still uncharacteristically (perhaps) positive yesterday on WEEI.

One play he chose to expound on was the throw to Moss in the EZ when Faulk and Welker appreared to be open underneath. The one Brady was getting dissed for here post game. Bill said, as I did earlier come to think of it, that when you get Randy Moss matched up against a safety deep, you go for it.

One play he chose to expound on was the throw to Moss in the EZ when Faulk and Welker appreared to be open underneath. The one Brady was getting dissed for here post game. Bill said, as I did earlier come to think of it, that when you get Randy Moss matched up against a safety deep, you go for it.

This had been my thought watching and re-watching the game as well, as I posted here. I'm glad Belichick came out and made the point, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back