PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick pans Panther critics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh snap, you went and found all comments from anyone that could possibly support your argument! Aww man, I guess those are the only comments that matter then. You got me mb, :rolleyes:

hehehe you used Peter King and Jerry Rice, that's Gold

No, didn't you read my post? You convinced me. They're all haters - including Brady who said (philosophically) "one has to fight through it" NOT "did you see Moss fight through it." In addition, I've set an appointment with my optometrist to have my eyes checked.

Last edited:
I hope you realize that your post and the quote don't fit together. Also, you're wrong on the issue, and your continuing to act the fool isn't going to change that.

Yea definitely doesn't fit anything, it's just so random...

...and was at least partially responsible for an interception. It's what happened.

No, didn't you read my post? You convinced me. They're all haters - including Brady who said (philosophically) "one has to fight through it" NOT "did you see Moss fight through it." In addition, I've set an appointment with my optometrist to have my eyes checked.

So "you have to fight through it" is now equivalent to "Moss dogged it"? What world do you live in? Seriously, when Brady, BB and Faulk DIRECTLY defend Moss you throw out their comments or ignore them. When Brady talks in general about fighting through tough times, you jump all over the place and demand it means what you want it to.

And another red herring hits the table!

You're going for a record.

Brady wouldn't have incentive to cover for Moss, even though he does that sort of thing all the time. But the Panthers players would have some reason to lie about their perceptions, if we could only fathom the deeper meaning. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Brady is obviously just a hater.

No no, he's just a liar unless he is supporting your argument, at least that's what you've taught me Deus.

I hope you realize that your post and the quote don't fit together. Also, you're wrong on the issue, and your continuing to act the fool isn't going to change that.

You're going for a record.

Brady wouldn't have incentive to cover for Moss, even though he does that sort of thing all the time. But the Panthers players would have some reason to lie about their perceptions, if we could only fathom the deeper meaning. :rolleyes:

Deus do you intentionally act like an arrogant *******, or are you just too stupid to follow a simple conversation? How is it a red herring when I bring up a quote from you that is the direct OPPOSITE of what Brady said, in response to your sarcastic dig at me about Brady being a hater based on a different quote?

It's not, but your quick jump over to the Panthers players in this post sure as hell is. I don't care about the Panthers' perceptions, they mean absolute squat.

So "you have to fight through it" is now equivalent to "Moss dogged it"? What world do you live in? Seriously, when Brady, BB and Faulk DIRECTLY defend Moss you throw out their comments or ignore them. When Brady talks in general about fighting through tough times, you jump all over the place and demand it means what you want it to.

Is your obtuseness willful? How do you reconcile these quotes BY BRADY?

"He was frustrated in himself and the situation, and it's something you've got to fight through," Brady said. "You have those days where it's not all great, but you keep lining up and you've got to keep fighting."

"If you're a quarterback, you throw picks, you throw bad balls. If you're a receiver, you drop balls. If you're a running back, you fumble balls. You know, it's just part of the process," Brady said. "It's about making the next one a good one and not making the next one a bad one because you're a little bit down in the dumps."

Would Brady ever have to make those quote in regards to Welker or have had to make them in reference to Brown?

Now mix in the chorus:

“He didn’t play as hard as he could,” ex-Pats safety and NBC analyst Rodney Harrison said on “Football Night in America.”

"We knew he'd shut it down." "He'd just give up a lot; slow down; he's not going deep; not trying to run a route. You can tell (by) his body language," said Panthers cornerback Chris Gamble. "I know everyone who plays against him, they can sense that. Once you get into him in the beginning of the game, he shuts it down a little bit."

Peter King: “You've seen Tom Brady and Bill Belichick staunchly defend Randy Moss in the last 36 hours, and so you're thinking, ‘Well, maybe the media's being too hard on Moss for laying down against Carolina.’ Not true. There's a reason Brady, desperate for another target at receiver other than Wes Welker, threw four of his 32 passes for Moss on Sunday, and went 2.5 quarters without throwing a pass Moss' way after Moss fumbled on the first play of the second quarter. It's because Moss checked out of this game, giving only marginal effort. But the reason you won't ever hear Belichick or Brady even remotely chide Moss is because they know -- as Denny Green knew a decade ago and Mike Tice knew after him -- that Moss will check out totally if you challenge him mentally. He's soft. And Brady and Belichick are trying to get whatever they can out of this classic prima donna as they try to save their season. Sitting on him doesn't accomplish that.”

"For me, I was very shocked," Rice said today during a guest spot on SportsCenter. "The thing about Randy Moss -- we know that he takes a few plays off, but just watching him during that game, he didn't have any effort at all. You want your best play maker to be playing his best around this time and it was unfortunate to see what he did yesterday."

Cris Carter: "Well for one, you can not watch that without it having an effect on you. If you're a football enthusiast, if you're a Patriots fan, for me as someone who teaches wide receivers, how to be wide receivers and how to run routes and what type of effort to give and stuff it would take, it was pathetic. I was shocked because I know it's in him, but I thought he had matured to the point where I wasn't going to see it anymore."

And your response is "his teammates support him, nothing to see here, move along...":rolleyes:

Last edited:
Is your obtuseness willful? How do you reconcile these quotes BY BRADY?

"He was frustrated in himself and the situation, and it's something you've got to fight through," Brady said. "You have those days where it's not all great, but you keep lining up and you've got to keep fighting."

"If you're a quarterback, you throw picks, you throw bad balls. If you're a receiver, you drop balls. If you're a running back, you fumble balls. You know, it's just part of the process," Brady said. "It's about making the next one a good one and not making the next one a bad one because you're a little bit down in the dumps."

Would Brady ever have or have had to make those quotes about Welker or Brown?

Would Brady ever have been ASKED those questions about Welker or Brown. And once again, he never says Moss DID NOT fight through his frustrations. YOU put those words in his mouth.

Now mix in the chorus:

“He didn’t play as hard as he could,” ex-Pats safety and NBC analyst Rodney Harrison said on “Football Night in America.”

This is your best chance here, because he's the only one in the chorus that warrants any respect to even listen to. I however obviously disagree with Rodney.

So your chorus consists of a DB on the losing team, morons Peter King and Cris Carter and self-obsessed Jerry Rice who has an axe to grind with Moss? Really.

Would Brady ever have been ASKED those questions about Welker or Brown.

************, you need to learn about irony son. I'm done with you (at least for now:D).

Last edited:
Deus do you intentionally act like an arrogant *******, or are you just too stupid to follow a simple conversation? How is it a red herring when I bring up a quote from you that is the direct OPPOSITE of what Brady said, in response to your sarcastic dig at me about Brady being a hater based on a different quote?

That part wasn't the red herring, it was the claim that you tossed in. As for how I'm acting, again, look to your own behavior on the Moss issue, both this year and last.

It's not, but your quick jump over to the Panthers players in this post sure as hell is. I don't care about the Panthers' perceptions, they mean absolute squat.

And the "arrogant" portion of your above post comes into full humor here.

Last edited:
That part wasn't the red herring, it was the claim that you tossed in. As for how I'm acting, again, look to your own behavior on the Moss issue, both this year and last.

You need some serious mental help Deus. At the point you deflected and accused me of a red herring, I simply quoted YOU and BRADY. Your red herring comment came while you quoted my post that showed the discrepancy between one of YOUR quotes and one of BRADY's quotes.

I didn't make any claims, just a dig at you and your one-sided fantasy-land logic.

You need some serious mental help Deus. At the point you deflected and accused me of a red herring, I simply quoted YOU and BRADY. Your red herring comment came while you quoted my post that showed the discrepancy between one of YOUR quotes and one of BRADY's quotes.

I didn't make any claims, just a dig at you and your one-sided fantasy-land logic.

Ummmm..... My post:

Brady is obviously just a hater

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/303037-belichick-pans-panther-critics.html#post1643127

Your response:

No no, he's just a liar unless he is supporting your argument, at least that's what you've taught me Deus.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/303037-belichick-pans-panther-critics.html#post1643134

Now, in what world is your "dig" not a claim, particularly since you tried backing up that "dig" with an irrelevant quote?

Last edited:

Correction, my response:

Quote:
The interception Brady threw in Moss' direction wasn't the receiver's fault: Moss went to the spot he thought the ball would be. "I don't think you can blame Randy on that one," Brady said.

And then your response:

And then my response (with a quote from you in another thread):

...and was at least partially responsible for an interception. It's what happened.

And THEN your deflecting red herring comment:

Nice job following a conversation though. Quote my 2nd response and then claim you were responding to my 1st response.

Bottom line is you stated as fact something in direct conflict with what Brady said. Then sarcastically made the "hater" comment regarding a comment Brady made that you feel helps your argument. When called to task, once again you changed the topic and cried "red herring"

Correction, my response:

And then your response:

And then my response (with a quote from you in another thread):

And THEN your deflecting red herring comment:

Nice job following a conversation though. Quote my 2nd response and then claim you were responding to my 1st response.

Bottom line is you stated as fact something in direct conflict with what Brady said. Then sarcastically made the "hater" comment regarding a comment Brady made that you feel helps your argument. When called to task, once again you changed the topic and cried "red herring"

How the hell is the clearly sarcastic "Brady is obviously just a hater " in direct conflict with what Brady said? That was the post where you jumped in and made your claim.

Last edited:
This is why its always better to get in the thread early, rather than six pages in....lol

This is why its always better to get in the thread early, rather than six pages in....lol

You may just want to put emoney_33 on your ignore list, his behavior tonight is bordering on trollish. I mean what can you say about these posts by emoney_33:

"...there was nothing in the game to suggest anything abnormal. Aside from some knee-jerk reactions, and searching for any blemish under the microscope, no one has given any evidence that he was lacking effort...."

or this craziness:

"...And Moss' effort is no different on the playing field every Sunday than any of those other receivers. He's just under the microscope and is an easy target..."

How can any sane person make this statement when Welker is leaving his heart, kidneys and liver on the field week in and week out. The only logical answer is emoney_33 is Maxine Moss or Randy Pratt.

Last edited:
How the hell is the clearly sarcastic "Brady is obviously just a hater " in direct conflict with what Brady said? That was the post where you jumped in and made your claim.

Are you dense? Your quote in another thread that blamed Moss for the INT conflicts with Brady's claim that you can't put that one on Randy.... Are you ignoring my posts? Did you not see the quote I had from you that came from a different thread?

Are you dense? Your quote in another thread that blamed Moss for the INT conflicts with Brady's claim that you can't put that one on Randy.... Are you ignoring my posts? Did you not see the quote I had from you that came from a different thread?

This response doesn't answer my question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back