PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick only NFL coach not to be part of new Fancy Lad Suit Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The NFL is the most popular sport now and it’s completely American,” JA Apparel CEO Marty Staff said. “It all works. All of our competitors are European and this is really a point of departure for us. Also, we love guys who are 35 to 54. We’re not a metrosexual company.”

And went on to say they have a "husky" section for Mangina.

i'm sorry, but i can't let this one fly under the radar. almost spit my beer.

Idiotic rules? Seriously?

The NFL gets paid good money simply for dressing its coaches in and associating its name with Abboud's clothes, and the "rule" that makes this possible is "idiotic?" It's money for nothing: it would be idiotic NOT to take it.

Oh, and injury reports are an idiotic rule? Do you know how much interest in football over the years has been driven by gambling? And more recently, Fantasy Football? Anything that makes these pass-times run smoother is yet another thing lining the pockets of the league. (Not to mention the extra hours of media share the NFL gets every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday just from people tuning in to see if their team's player's condition has been changed.)

Finally, the "access to coaches and press conferences": again, more coverage of the NFL in sports media = free advertising for the NFL's product (the games). Putting more people's faces and voices out there for the fans to connect with = a greater sense of connection between consumer and product.

Simply put, these "idiotic" rules are what make the league the profit-making machine that it is today. Now, do I really need to explain to you why the league being profitable and making as much ancillary revenue as it can is good for Bill Belichick, and good for us, the fans?

Telling coaches what to wear, and when to wear it and what brand they can wear is plain out idiotic.. why do you think the BB wears the cut off hoodie... he disdains all the fluff of football and just wants the game to be the focus.

Who cares about gambling, do you think the NFL wants us to care about gambling..that is against their raison d'etre. Fantasy football is good for interest, but generating better injury reports so ff players can no more makes no sense. The problem with injury reports is all the grey areas that are open to interpretation and manipulation.. what does probable mean.. a 25% chance he will play, wtf does that mean. The injuries are not detailed, so it is one of those feel good things that the NFL is doing something.

Press conferences are a necessary evil, how many times is BB backed into a corner about something he does not want or will not want to talk about. Ask him about situational football he will talk your ear off.. those reporters who do this on a regular basis get good responses those who don't get nothing.

So you're saying that a rule that facilitate side-industries that drives intense interest in the NFL product, and thus makes the league countless millions or dollars, and costs pretty much nothing is... idiotic?

I sure hope you're never put in charge of anything more complicated than a mop and bucket for any business that I'm a part of.
Ask David Stern how he feels about how much "extra" revenue gambling brings to a sport. Then ask him to cross reference it with all the "extra" media hits it brings.

I'd hope you wouldn't be put in charge of anything more complicated than the cologne and towel dispensary in a Bennigans bathroom, but that would be like hoping the sun rises in the east...I hope for things I'm not confident will happen.

I think (and hope) that the cut off sleeves shows a little defiance in BB no matter the explanation (wiping marker board). Kind of like when the 2004 Red Sox were playing for the World Series and the commissioner told the players not to use pine tar on their helmets. That worked out really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots