PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB must be high. Maroney has good vision? Not according to what I've read here at Patsfans!

BBs getting into Stephens stash again:D. Looks like this will be a good year for Maroney which would be huge to keep the load lighter on Faulk and Taylor. Gonna be real interesting to see how they spread the load between the RBs.

Thanks for the notes Deus.

My pleasure. He did seem to be pretty effusive with the Maroney praise. Whether he meant it or was just "being Bill" is something I'll leave to individuals to guess at.

usually it means that a trade or release is happening...he sang effusive praises for chad jackson in camp too :) with bb you never know...he always says only +ve things about his players.

usually it means that a trade or release is happening...he sang effusive praises for chad jackson in camp too :) with bb you never know...he always says only +ve things about his players.

He was the same way with Edelman so, unless he's looking to unload him too, that's not a guideline.

Absolutely shocked he didn't say anything about losing the bidding war for Adam Seward to the Jaguars.

He was the same way with Edelman so, unless he's looking to unload him too, that's not a guideline.

well its not a guideline. i meant its never sure about what he is thinking....

BB must be high. Maroney has good vision? Not according to what I've read here at Patsfans!

Bill may have been half baked.

Maroney does have great field vision-not just as a runner in the backfield but as a kick returner too. Check out some of his pre-NFL career too.
He's def not a "dancer" like all the jelly doughnuts on this board claim.

BBs getting into Stephens stash again:D. Looks like this will be a good year for Maroney which would be huge to keep the load lighter on Faulk and Taylor. Gonna be real interesting to see how they spread the load between the RBs.

Thanks for the notes Deus.

Maroney is tough in an open field. He could take a similar-Faulk type role when Kev leaves.

Maroney specifically:

Lawrence brings a lot. He's one of our better football players. Improved tremendously in the passing game in past 2 offseasons. Good vision, good speed, good power, good quickness. Will make a lot of yards if they get him started, which is about game plan and blockers in front of him. Worked hard in the offseason and is ready to go. Hoping to get him in space this year.

Weight's about 220-225. Can do a lot of different things. Good with the ball in his hands. Have to get it to him with some space.

The bolded part is ... a surprise. The whole thing sounds as if BB now sees Maroney first and foremost as Faulk's eventual replacement, which makes sense given how many snaps a Faulk-style RB is called for.

That said, I don't think Faulk is getting replaced soon.

Last edited:
The bolded part is ... a surprise. The whole thing sounds as if BB now sees Maroney first and foremost as Faulk's eventual replacement, which makes sense given how many snaps a Faulk-style RB is called for.

That said, I don't think Faulk is getting replaced soon.

For crying out loud. What are all the Maroney bashers going to say when he's out there with Brady and the rest of the starters vs. Buffalo?

For crying out loud. What are all the Maroney bashers going to say when he's out there with Brady and the rest of the starters vs. Buffalo?

Depends on how many WRs are on the field with him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back