PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick on the Pre game show at super bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
well

If this has already been asked, I appologize I didn't see it!

Does anyone know what time BB will be on? I don't feel like watching 6 hours of pre-game hoping to see BB---the only time I watch that much pre-game (and usually not them) is when the pats are in the SB!

After trying like hell to get the info, I've concluded that he will be on ABC's pregame statring at 2:30.

Nothing I've looked at has come right out and said it, but because it never mentioned ESPN's coverage with him on, I've concluded it ABC's .

If anyone has definitive info, please post it.

mtbykr said:
If this has already been asked, I appologize I didn't see it!

Does anyone know what time BB will be on? I don't feel like watching 6 hours of pre-game hoping to see BB---the only time I watch that much pre-game (and usually not them) is when the pats are in the SB!
Yeah, I think it's the ABC show at 2:30. My fear is we'll have to watch the whole thing and see five segments of Belichick for 2 minutes each. Who knows, but I'm not missing it.

PATSNUTme said:
After trying like hell to get the info, I've concluded that he will be on ABC's pregame statring at 2:30.

Nothing I've looked at has come right out and said it, but because it never mentioned ESPN's coverage with him on, I've concluded it ABC's .

If anyone has definitive info, please post it.
i heard felger on radio that day that there was some abc press release which said BB will be breaking down film of 4 of the great defenses of the past - steelers of the 70's, 85 bears, 90 giants and the 2002 pats. iam not sure when it will be or if thats all he is doing but thought i would pass along.

Edit -
here is the schedule ..all times PST -
http://159.54.227.3/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060205/SPORTS0301/602050333/1030

Last edited:
SVN said:
i heard felger on radio that day that there was some abc press release which said BB will be breaking down film of 4 of the great defenses of the past - steelers of the 70's, 85 bears, 90 giants and the 2002 pats. iam not sure when it will be or if thats all he is doing but thought i would pass along.

Edit -
here is the schedule ..all times PST -
http://159.54.227.3/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060205/SPORTS0301/602050333/1030

I love it...West Coast time! (I'm in Silicon Valley). The reason I logged in here today was to try to find out when Bill may be on, and you guys came through. Thanks.

So, do I have this right? BB's segment will be at 3:43-3:50 EST.

he was on now ...talked a couple of mins about conditioning for the long day.

jczxohn1 said:
So, do I have this right? BB's segment will be at 3:43-3:50 EST.

Belichick already said something I've never heard before, that defenses get exhausted late in SB games because of the length and grind of all the pre-game hype (7 - 8 hrs). Mentioned NE - Rams, NE - Panthers and Rams - Tenn as examples. As usual he sees stuff no one else does, or at least mentions it.

Belichick already said something I've never heard before, that defenses get exhausted late in SB games because of the length and grind of all the pre-game hype (7 - 8 hrs).

sorry to repeat the same question; but since I already apparently missed one segment; HE IS DEFINITELY ON THE ABC PREGAME?

Not the ESPN one?

I'm watching on AFN so it isnt easy to flip channels. Thanks.

Gumby said:
sorry to repeat the same question; but since I already apparently missed one segment; HE IS DEFINITELY ON THE ABC PREGAME?

Not the ESPN one?

I'm watching on AFN so it isnt easy to flip channels. Thanks.

YES, ABC..........

A friend I haven't spoken to in over two years called me during Bill's first segment. I dunno, it's possible fate is keeping me away from all things Superbowl this year...

Bella*chick said:
A friend I haven't spoken to in over two years called me during Bill's first segment. I dunno, it's possible fate is keeping me away from all things Superbowl this year...

You have to explain to your friend about priorities. :D

I think they should be using him more, a lot more, but of course I'm a big fan.

Fanfrom1960 said:
You have to explain to your friend about priorities. :D

I think they should be using him more, a lot more, but of course I'm a big fan.
Well, LOL, she's a huge Steelers fan!

Yeah, where is he? Get Tom Jackson off my TV!

Bella*chick said:
Well, LOL, she's a huge Steelers fan!

Yeah, where is he? Get Tom Jackson off my TV!

UGH...Amen to that Bella! Notice how he is the only one on the panel to never have won a SB, but he was arguing with Steve Young about it. He is an ignorant hack and without his friendship with Berman he would be working at a job where he would be asking, "Would you like fries with that?"

Now this is more like it. I could have watched more BB breakdowns, though. That stuff is endlessly interesting.

to be honest abc/espn is using him very sparingly but his breakdowns as good as usual. he gave the one telling line which all analysts quacking about never said so far - "Seattle is going to have to throw to win the game"

Last edited:
great quote

Great quote after the "greatest defenses of all time" clip. Mike Tirico says "you have a great career after coaching in analysis/media" and BB says "no, i don't think i could ever go over to the darkside mike"

Classic! :rocker:

mtbykr said:
Great quote after the "greatest defenses of all time" clip. Mike Tirico says "you have a great career after coaching in analysis/media" and BB says "no, i don't think i could ever go over to the darkside mike"

Classic! :rocker:
LOL! You know, I really would have liked to see more of BB....were the yapping heads screaming over one another like Irvin, Jackson and Steve Young more enlightening? I don't think so. I always feel like I learn something with BB analysis and the Belichick breakdowns on our SB DVDs are a great little invention. They should have used him more.

Bella*chick said:
LOL! You know, I really would have liked to see more of BB....were the yapping heads screaming over one another like Irvin, Jackson and Steve Young more enlightening? I don't think so. I always feel like I learn something with BB analysis and the Belichick breakdowns on our SB DVDs are a great little invention. They should have used him more.

He has been great! I was thinking the same thing about him being good as an analyst, but not one to yell over the talking heads...... He would do well in a role like Ditka has on Countdown, but with more analysis and less antagonism! ABC should have used him more.

I hope we don't see him in this sort of a Super Bowl gig again for a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes