PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick on the Pre game show at super bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has ever watched the "Belichick Breakdowns" on Three Games to Glory II and III, you get a pretty good idea of how exciting and animated BB is capable of getting (i.e., not very).

Anyone here good with picture editing software?

We need a pic of Belichick in a suit with the "Grey Hood" attached to it.

That would be a funny visual for how I would like to see him appear for that show. Asking him to wear the hoodie would be a stretch. But a suit with the hood attached to it....LOL...if they want the real coach Belichick they should ask if he would prefer to wear the hooded sweathirt.

BB can be interesting but i think the network (ESPN) isnt his cup of tea i.e over hype and loud yelling with no substance will find it hard to get BB excited.

well

shakadave said:
I wish him luck, but not so much that he considers a career in the booth!

I don't think we have to worry about that! I mean it would be great for true football fans to see what he has to say----but he won't jump through hoops like the rest of the talking heads do, so it probably won't happen! It would be great thought to hear Irvin go on a rant for 10 minutes only to have BB say "it is what it is"! :rocker:

Oh, a reason to watch! Awesome.

He'll be in a suit. He'll be funnier and more engaging than most everyone will expect.

Those are the only Superbowl predix I even feel like making.:cool:

F.B.N. said:
Anyone here good with picture editing software?

We need a pic of Belichick in a suit with the "Grey Hood" attached to it.

That would be a funny visual for how I would like to see him appear for that show. Asking him to wear the hoodie would be a stretch. But a suit with the hood attached to it....LOL...if they want the real coach Belichick they should ask if he would prefer to wear the hooded sweathirt.

I'd rather see him in the grey hoodie with dress pants and a tie. :D Or better yet, the hoodie under a suit jacket! And the suit jacket has cut-off sleeves. Plus, he's wearing sneakers, white sweat socks, and a whistle around his neck.

One other thing about this. BB doesn't have to suck up to anyone or try to make himself look great. This is not his job. He doesn't have to be concerned about getting fired or critizised.

He just has to be himself and not try too hard to impress. Hopefully they will put him in a position where he can do his best. In fact, from all we know about BB, he must have had some agreement with ESPN he will only do certain things.

Should be fun. The ESPN coverage starts at 11 AM.

Bill will look weird being at the SB and NOT hoisting the Lombardi. He probably is going just for that reason. Perspective. I can't wait for 2006.

Tunescribe said:
I'd rather see him in the grey hoodie with dress pants and a tie. :D Or better yet, the hoodie under a suit jacket! And the suit jacket has cut-off sleeves. Plus, he's wearing sneakers, white sweat socks, and a whistle around his neck.

lol! priceless....great post.

Bella*chick said:
Oh, a reason to watch! Awesome.

He'll be in a suit. He'll be funnier and more engaging than most everyone will expect.

Those are the only Superbowl predix I even feel like making.:cool:

I think he will be great, he always is if no one is asking him questions about injuries! He will be insightful and maybe funny! I can't imagine how he will feel to be on the field, but not in the game...

Bill's Girl said:
I can't imagine how he will feel to be on the field, but not in the game...

Probably much better rested! ;)

I love BB and all he has done for my favorite team - but on-camera charisma isn't his thing. He'll be educational.....but entertaining? C'mon people - no one outside of NE is going to appreciate his "style."

Wonder what he'll wear?

Garbanza said:
I love BB and all he has done for my favorite team - but on-camera charisma isn't his thing. He'll be educational.....but entertaining? C'mon people - no one outside of NE is going to appreciate his "style."

Wonder what he'll wear?

Eh, I dunno...he was quite good on the Letterman show the couple times he was on...he was relaxed and humorous, but not over the top. He got a very good reception and everyone seemed to "get" his wry sense of humor.

As Bill's Girl said, he is a different speaker when he is discussing the game, and breaking down plays. When he's being interrogated about injuries, it's a whole 'nother ballgame.

Last edited:
Bill's Girl said:
I think he will be great, he always is if no one is asking him questions about injuries! He will be insightful and maybe funny! I can't imagine how he will feel to be on the field, but not in the game...

You left out charming and sexy. Or, are those givens?

PATSNUTme said:

Yea, Givens has it, but BB's got his own brand of charm!!!

PATSNUTme said:

I think his main goal will be to teach..... Nut, I had no idea you thought BB was charming and sexy! :D

Bill's Girl said:
I think his main goal will be to teach..... Nut, I had no idea you thought BB was charming and sexy! :D

And, very cute.

Bill's Girl said:

I feel lousy about this whole thing with BB. :(

It's almost like ....."Oh well Bill, your team wasn't good enough to be here this year so why don't you join us and critique the Superbowl they were supposed to be in."

You and Bella*Chick have fun watching our Bill "do his thing" but I'm sitting this one out.

HugeCrushOnBB said:
I feel lousy about this whole thing with BB. :(

It's almost like ....."Oh well Bill, your team wasn't good enough to be here this year so why don't you join us and critique the Superbowl they were supposed to be in."

You and Bella*Chick have fun watching our Bill "do his thing" but I'm sitting this one out.
But HC, Belichick 'accepted their invitation' because he feels it will give him "a different perspective on the Super Bowl". Sounds like he's actually looking forward to it, which means it could be fun.

Wouldn't you be bummed out if you miss one of his knee-slappin' rib-ticklers?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye