PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick no different than Bonds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'll be the first one to admit Bill Polian is a ruthless son of a *****. He can be intimidating as hell, cut players without any remorse and rip into interviewers on the air in order to defend his position. You can say a lot of things about the man and most are true, but he is not a cheat. Being in the competition committee and asking for existing rules to be upheld is the exact opposite of a cheat.

Plus Dungy is a choir boy who wouldn't stand for any of that in his locker room.

BS Polian isn't a cheat. Yes he is. He got on the Competition Committee specifically because his team wasn't able to function with how the rules were being called.

Not only that, but people at the Pittsburgh game said that there was crowd noise coming out of the speakers. The reporters, last year, said how it was uncharacteristically hot in the Dome.

And, you need to be reminded that Polian wasn't out there saying that the Pats should have won the game on the Non-Call to Kelvin Hayden when he mauled Caldwell in the endzone. Especially when you look at what happened between Wayne and Hobbs. Hobbs didn't even touch Wayne, yet they made the BS faceguarding call.

My ex-boyfriend is now the sports editor of the Miami Herald
To Cory Nightingale, sports editor of the Miami Herald, this kind of journalism is the reason the Boston Globe and Boston Herald would not give your resume a second look and you got stuck working for a paper in Dover, New Hampshire writing about high school girls basketball!
Ouch. Remind me never to piss you off.
:singing:

Wow. Just wow.

Had this on another post but perhaps this will temper your baloney.

Cousins,
We have now heard from every idiot from Hines Ward that we cheated in the Steeler wins, to Strahan saying this is no different than a famous recent NBA scandal. Let's get one thing straight out there to all Pats bashers and trolls. The NFL allows "cheating"!!!!!!! It is not illegal for one NFL team to "steal" signs form the other and use them from their benefit. The definition of steal is: To take (the property of another) without right or permission. People that is "cheating" which the NFL DOES allow.

Here are the other accomplices in this scandal who I will now name:Romeo Crennel, Herm Edwards, Brian Billick, Tom Coughlin,Mike Tomlin, Mike Nolan, Gary Kubiak, Mike Holmgren, Tony Dungy, John Fox, Rod Marinelli, Jeff Fisher, Mike Shanahan, Marvin Lewis, Joe Gibbs, Wade Phillips, Mike McCarthy, Brad Childress, Lane Kiffin, Cam Cameron, Norv Turner, Jon Gruden, Sean Payton, Lovie Smith, Eric Mangini, Ken Whisenhunt, **** Jauron, Bobby Petrino, Andy Reid, Scott Linehan, Jack Del Rio. Every one of these head coaches now, or when they were assistants, did know or condone the "stealing" of the other teams signs for an advantage. Even the NFL players like Woodson and Faulk admitted last night on the NFL Network that they "cheated" by trying to look over and see what the other teams signs were.

Lets keep this in perspective. They cannot call BB a "cheater" because every team in the NFL does know and condone their coaching department to do the same practice of "legally????" stealing the other teams signs. What BB got caught at was going to the next level with electronic technologies and video tapping what the NFL has always allowed.

Many NFL players say this is all common practice. Gruden was the funniest but said this was not a big deal. All the signs are changed week to week anyway. Why? guess what?........The defense signals are changed continuously because like Shanahan says, he has a coach with binoculars trying to decode the signals of the other team from the first quarter on. Every team knows that.

So to send BB to "trial" here because the NFL oddly has allowed "cheating" is ridiculous. He has been doing what all 32 teams in the NFL do and is condoned. Is he being punished just for being a product of the system that he took to a different (and edgy) level? Or because all the other teams what to drag down a pretty good organization and perhaps the best head coach (with very bad social and media skills) ever?

He can be taken to task by the commissioner for his well known tape affinity and be chastised for taking the allowed "cheating" to a electronic level. I defy all of the talking heads to explain the big difference of taping the signals and in a Mission Impossible way, or having the defensive signal callers be viewed from the opposition coaches box or sidelines and the signals be charted and sent down to the bench immediately. If anything, BB and his tape method would appear slower to respond to. O.K. he got cited for a league violation on what was his "interpretation". Cheater, I don't think so unless you indite the other 31. His ONLY advantage was the ability to see the signals and analyse them himself perhaps. For the future games? NO WAY. The signals are changed by the week and all 32 teams know that someone on the other team is "spying" on them. Who knows why he did it? I challenge anybody in the world to say that his method of "cheating" was any faster than the methods rest of the other 31 teams cheating. Remember, the NFL DOES allow this "stealing" as legal. He will get made an example of. All this other crap about "cheater", then put all the rest of the 31 teams in as well!

To personally attack one man or a team for the sins of the rest of the league because he had a better idea (perhaps only), when the NFL condones the practice of stealing signals and they know it happens, is baloney. Cheating? absolutely no way (not in the present context of the NFL as it allows stealing), breaking a applied NFL rule on just how one can "cheat". Yes. Film is his thing and the NFL said no.
DW Toys

BS Polian isn't a cheat. Yes he is. He got on the Competition Committee specifically because his team wasn't able to function with how the rules were being called.

Not only that, but people at the Pittsburgh game said that there was crowd noise coming out of the speakers. The reporters, last year, said how it was uncharacteristically hot in the Dome.

And, you need to be reminded that Polian wasn't out there saying that the Pats should have won the game on the Non-Call to Kelvin Hayden when he mauled Caldwell in the endzone. Especially when you look at what happened between Wayne and Hobbs. Hobbs didn't even touch Wayne, yet they made the BS faceguarding call.

He has been on the competition committee for years, pal. Nice try.

The whole piping noise at the dome thing is ridiculous. That place was just as loud that night (I was there) as it's been every other time I've been there. Besides, those were only accusations, nothing was ever proven and the dome continues to be just as loud. Remember the AFCCG? :)

Newsflash: It will be louder on 11/4, brace yourselves. Colts are ready for the noise accusations already, means nothing as they are all lies that will never be proven true.

As far as calls during the AFCCG, those were referee mistakes, not a blatant disregard of the rules by an entire team.

Do yourself a favor and come to terms with the fact that your team cheats. They have a great QB and many weapons. And the D is pretty good at times. Hell, even their coach is good, if totally devoid of any moral fiber.

But hey, you got 3 super bowls. Don't let anyone tell you they are tainted. Because why let a little thing like truth ruin your day?

Had this on another post but perhaps this will temper your baloney.

Cousins,
We have now heard from every idiot from Hines Ward that we cheated in the Steeler wins, to Strahan saying this is no different than a famous recent NBA scandal. Let's get one thing straight out there to all Pats bashers and trolls. The NFL allows "cheating"!!!!!!! It is not illegal for one NFL team to "steal" signs form the other and use them from their benefit. The definition of steal is: To take (the property of another) without right or permission. People that is "cheating" which the NFL DOES allow.

Here are the other accomplices in this scandal who I will now name:Romeo Crennel, Herm Edwards, Brian Billick, Tom Coughlin,Mike Tomlin, Mike Nolan, Gary Kubiak, Mike Holmgren, Tony Dungy, John Fox, Rod Marinelli, Jeff Fisher, Mike Shanahan, Marvin Lewis, Joe Gibbs, Wade Phillips, Mike McCarthy, Brad Childress, Lane Kiffin, Cam Cameron, Norv Turner, Jon Gruden, Sean Payton, Lovie Smith, Eric Mangini, Ken Whisenhunt, **** Jauron, Bobby Petrino, Andy Reid, Scott Linehan, Jack Del Rio. Every one of these head coaches now, or when they were assistants, did know or condone the "stealing" of the other teams signs for an advantage. Even the NFL players like Woodson and Faulk admitted last night on the NFL Network that they "cheated" by trying to look over and see what the other teams signs were.

Lets keep this in perspective. They cannot call BB a "cheater" because every team in the NFL does know and condone their coaching department to do the same practice of "legally????" stealing the other teams signs. What BB got caught at was going to the next level with electronic technologies and video tapping what the NFL has always allowed.

Many NFL players say this is all common practice. Gruden was the funniest but said this was not a big deal. All the signs are changed week to week anyway. Why? guess what?........The defense signals are changed continuously because like Shanahan says, he has a coach with binoculars trying to decode the signals of the other team from the first quarter on. Every team knows that.

So to send BB to "trial" here because the NFL oddly has allowed "cheating" is ridiculous. He has been doing what all 32 teams in the NFL do and is condoned. Is he being punished just for being a product of the system that he took to a different (and edgy) level? Or because all the other teams what to drag down a pretty good organization and perhaps the best head coach (with very bad social and media skills) ever?

He can be taken to task by the commissioner for his well known tape affinity and be chastised for taking the allowed "cheating" to a electronic level. I defy all of the talking heads to explain the big difference of taping the signals and in a Mission Impossible way, or having the defensive signal callers be viewed from the opposition coaches box or sidelines and the signals be charted and sent down to the bench immediately. If anything, BB and his tape method would appear slower to respond to. O.K. he got cited for a league violation on what was his "interpretation". Cheater, I don't think so unless you indite the other 31. His ONLY advantage was the ability to see the signals and analyse them himself perhaps. For the future games? NO WAY. The signals are changed by the week and all 32 teams know that someone on the other team is "spying" on them. Who knows why he did it? I challenge anybody in the world to say that his method of "cheating" was any faster than the methods rest of the other 31 teams cheating. Remember, the NFL DOES allow this "stealing" as legal. He will get made an example of. All this other crap about "cheater", then put all the rest of the 31 teams in as well!

To personally attack one man or a team for the sins of the rest of the league because he had a better idea (perhaps only), when the NFL condones the practice of stealing signals and they know it happens, is baloney. Cheating? absolutely no way (not in the present context of the NFL as it allows stealing), breaking a applied NFL rule on just how one can "cheat". Yes. Film is his thing and the NFL said no.
DW Toys

To summarize, you're saying what BB did was no different than what the other coaches do because many players have said that this happens all the time, yes?

I say, no, sir. It doesn't.

Do other teams try to decipher signals from opposing benches? Absolutely. That's why they cover their mouths when they talk.

Is that illegal? Nope, not at all.

Then why villify Belichick? Because he used electronic equpiment to take things a step further and this is strictly forbidden by the league.

Yea, but did Bill Belichick know this was illegal? According to Goodell, he sent all 32 teams a memo that this was not to be tolerated at the start of the season. And according to the Packers, they had caught the patriots doing this to them before, so they were warned twice about it.

Now, you answer me this, is any of what I just laid out false?

People despise Belichick because he's a class-less jerk as well.
Now now... be honest... you despise him because he's a classless jerk, he's great at what he does, and he's not your classless jerk... you do remember the guy who attacked a NYJ employee and openly hoped Doug Flutie would get injured, right...?

But, as I said in my original post, Bonds goes beyond "classless jerk" and enters criminal territory by his actions.

To summarize, you're saying what BB did was no different than what the other coaches do because many players have said that this happens all the time, yes?

I say, no, sir. It doesn't.

Do other teams try to decipher signals from opposing benches? Absolutely. That's why they cover their mouths when they talk.

Is that illegal? Nope, not at all.

Then why villify Belichick? Because he used electronic equpiment to take things a step further and this is strictly forbidden by the league.

Yea, but did Bill Belichick know this was illegal? According to Goodell, he sent all 32 teams a memo that this was not to be tolerated at the start of the season. And according to the Packers, they had caught the patriots doing this to them before, so they were warned twice about it.

Now, you answer me this, is any of what I just laid out false?
Yes. It is false to say or imply the Patriots are the only team that have illegally employed video devices to aid in the deciphering of signals.

That ain't a defense of BB. He got caught and deserves to be punished. But to sit there and act like Belichick is the only one who has done this shows you are either incredibly naive or just incredibly obsessed with your hatred of the man.

I really wish people would stop trying to explain how this isn't cheating. It makes them look stupid.

Explain, in your own words, how he cheated.

Last edited:
Now now... be honest... you despise him because he's a classless jerk, he's great at what he does, and he's not your classless jerk... you do remember the guy who attacked a NYJ employee and openly hoped Doug Flutie would get injured, right...?

But, as I said in my original post, Bonds goes beyond "classless jerk" and enters criminal territory by his actions.

I'm not going to lie, I despise him because he's a fantastic coach. He was smart enough to figure out the refs were ignoring the 5-yard chuck rule and so he exploited it to perfection. He let the grass grow and left it uncovered before a major game so the field would be muddy and negate our speed advantage--brilliant!

The man knows what he's doing. This is the same way I feel towards Bill Polian. The guy is ruthless and the best at what he does. The only difference is that Bill isn't stupid enough to cheat, much less get caught doing it. And Tony Dungy, the religious nutjob that he can be, is far too much of a choir boy to allow any cheating to go on under his watch.

Look, I'm no saint. I firmly believe that you have to know the rules so you can properly break them. It's called finding loopholes. I used to think BB was great at this, but now his hubris makes him look desperate and insecure and it taints all 3 super bowls he won w/ the patriots.

Is that fair to the players and their fans? No, it really isn't.

But it's reality. Deal with it.

Last edited:
I'm not going to lie, I despise him he's a fantastic coach. He was smart enough to figure out the refs were ignoring the 5-yard chuck rule and so he exploited it to perfection. He let the grass grow and left it uncovered before a major game so the field would be muddy and negate our speed advantage--brilliant!

He made it snow once, too.

article from Miami? i forgot that the Fins didnt buy a video from someone with OUR signals.

Yes. It is false to say or imply the Patriots are the only team that have illegally employed video devices to aid in the deciphering of signals.

That ain't a defense of BB. He got caught and deserves to be punished. But to sit there and act like Belichick is the only one who has done this shows you are either incredibly naive or just incredibly obsessed with your hatred of the man.

I'm sure other teams have done similar things. It's too easy to buy first-row seats and use an expensive camera with a powerful zoom lense to record signals. How prevalent this is, I'm sure we'll never know.

But the patriots didn't do that. You guys took it one step further and placed a guy on the sidelines--after being caught doing it once and being reprimanded for it--and had the gall to disregard the obvious risk, blatantly break the rules, and in the process sullied the legacy of your storied franchise and insult the integrity of the game.

That's what this is all about. Get it?

I'm sure other teams have done similar things. It's too easy to buy first-row seats and use an expensive camera with a powerful zoom lense to record signals. How prevalent this is, I'm sure we'll never know.

But the patriots didn't do that. You guys took it one step further and placed a guy on the sidelines--after being caught doing it once and being reprimanded for it--and had the gall to disregard the obvious risk, blatantly break the rules, and in the process sullied the legacy of your storied franchise and insult the integrity of the game.

That's what this is all about. Get it?

If was was legal before this season, how does that tarnish the previous seasons? Can anyone give me a logical answer to this?

If was was legal before this season, how does that tarnish the previous seasons? Can anyone give me a logical answer to this?

Because if he is convicted of resorting to cheating in order to win games, why would we assume he hasn't cheated to win in the past?

Ever hear the saying, once a cheater, always a cheater?

Because if he is convicted of resorting to cheating in order to win games, why would we assume he hasn't cheated to win in the past?

Please. Marvin Harrison was sued for choking a bunch of kids. I guess once a choker, always a choker, huh?

Answer the question I poised to lander: how did he cheat?

Please. Marvin Harrison was sued for choking a bunch of kids. I guess once a choker, always a choker, huh?

Answer the question I poised to lander: how did he cheat?

The charges were later dropped because the kid was full of it. But nice of you to leave that out.

Bellichick cheated by placing a guy on the sidelines w/ a camera. This is not allowed. This is considered cheating.

Has this only been on the news in New York? Don't you guys get cable up in Boston?

The charges were later dropped because the kid was full of it. But nice of you to leave that out.

Bellichick cheated by placing a guy on the sidelines w/ a camera. This is not allowed. This is considered cheating.

Has this only been on the news in New York? Don't you guys get cable up in Boston?

No, I deliberately left that fact out, as it seems pretty appropriate right now.

The Pats broke a rule by having a video camera on the field. That's it. Stealing signs isn't an issue, because it's not against the rules. By your logic, any time a team breaks a league rule, they're "cheating." If they commit a penalty, they're "cheating."

I'm pretty sure grabbing an employee of the opposing team is against league rules. Looks like Polian cheated, too. Call your Colt friends and get them to give up their rings.

No, I deliberately left that fact out, as it seems pretty appropriate right now.

The Pats broke a rule by having a video camera on the field. That's it. Stealing signs isn't an issue, because it's not against the rules. By your logic, any time a team breaks a league rule, they're "cheating." If they commit a penalty, they're "cheating."

I'm pretty sure grabbing an employee of the opposing team is against league rules. Looks like Polian cheated, too. Call your Colt friends and get them to give up their rings.

Hey man, whatever lets you sleep at night.

Can you read? I'll type it louder: IF IT WAS LEGAL BEFORE THIS SEASON, HOW CAN IT HAVE BEEN CHEATING IN THE PAST???

And what's this "convicted" stuff. Has he been arrested and charged with a crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes