PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick needs to go to charm school [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want Bill to change at all, he toys with the press and disregards those who continually demean his team. By doing this the focus is on him not on the specific parts of the team.. this is all intentional.

If you ask Bill about the X's and O's he gives great answers, if you ask about something idiotic as has been the case lately he plays with you.

The issue here is that Bill does not like mandated rules of the NFL, wearing of official Adidas clothing on the sidelines.. injury reports... and the mandated press conferences..

If he could talk to whomever he wanted to, instead of who he mandated to it would be another story.. imagine every time he gives a press conference in front of him is Felger, Thomase, Borges and the rest of the naysayers... consider if he could choose who he spoke to.. get the point.

Look at the "charm school coaches" Billick, Dungy and the rest do we want them in charge, consider Pete Carroll and his "pumped and jacked stuff".. I think not.

Last edited:
If it would help WIN football games maybe a good idea...but it doesn't so there is NO reason for that.

Let's face it, for a franchise that has less arrest, drug problems and dancing clowns than most, we get a lot of crap.

And crap is a....distraction. With the great undefeated run, we did not need more pressure, but we sure had it.

Did it affect our play, freshness, fatigue in the SB? I think it's seriously debatable.

BB is the greatest coach but he makes no effort to do the public relations part of his job.

It's entertainment. Lots of reporters need their notebooks filled. If you don't give them something and look at them like they are moron's, they'll make something up and it won't be good.

BB's a smart guy. His attitude helped torpedo him in Cleveland and it's doing the same here. Whatever his problem is, he needs to get over it.

This is entertainment. Reporters, Morons though they may be, have a job to do.

I hate to be blunt, but he's hurting the team.

After all that I have seen, read & heard since spygate, I don't blame BB on bit. The Sports media suck, period.

I have witnessed a group of men & women who actully feel they are an important part of the sports arena, and they are not.

I have witnessed members of the sports media who feel they are stars the fans recognize as such, when we do not.

I have witnessed a mass of media whores who feel they have the right to "keep the pressure on" to make sure spygate doesn't go away, when that is not their job.

I have watched a group of men and women who call themselves journalists who somehow feel they "are entitled" to get some answers, when they are entitled to what they get and nothing more.

No, BB does the right thing in treating the sports media as a bunch hungry vultures waiting to write the story they see rather than the one that is true. The only thing that improving BB's charm would do is improve our image and as Patriots fans, we don't care about our image outside the borders of New England.

He's right, F*** the media.

Last edited:
Ok so we got Stacey James as the 'Voice of the Patriots' from a business standpoint. Presumably this is because both Bob and Johnathan are too busy or not as good at it as James is, or some combination thereof. Why can't BB appoint a 'Voice of the coaching staff?' Perhaps a mini-Parcells who can lord it over those mediots? Parcells didn't really say much more than BB does, he's always just done it with a certain flair and gravitas that BB lacks. Where is it written that BB has to do these press conferences or that he has to do all of them? Its not like Bob never talks to the media. It seems as though he's under less pressure to do so though because most of the heavy lifting is done by his expert.

Is this thread a wind-up ? BB is perfect just as he is. He wouldn't be BB if he was different in any way :rocker:

Is this thread a wind-up ? BB is perfect just as he is. He wouldn't be BB if he was different in any way :rocker:

Right on Paul! Let us just imagine if BB were to leave the Patriots. How long do you think it would be before every bottom dwelling team would try to sign him as their savior?

Only then, they would claim, "hey, all we're trying to do is win football games for our fans".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back