PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick Minicamp Day 1 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
(Patriots.com was late in posting the link)

BB: ...(On Sullivan trade)...Gave up something, feel like we got something, a guy we can work with...primarily inside player, but has position flexibility...we'll see how it goes..."

BB: It's June...we've got a long way to go...nobody's in top condition...

Press: Sullivan is in different system than New Orleans, does he have all the skills that you're looking for?

BB: We'll find out. We think he did.

Press: Progress of Jackson...

BB: Worked hard, been here since May...quizzed on material...overall as group they're picking it up well...

Press: Rookie RB?

BB: Biggest thing for any rookie RB is passing game, routes, protection...

Press: Competition at LB...one spot vacated, saw you guys moving around a lot...

BB: I think there's personnel movement at any position, we have guys moving at all different spots, but we're not trying to experiment just at LB...helps build depth and identify how players perform in different roles...gives flexibility...one guy can take another's spot to give a different look, but under disguise...different WR routes, different alignments, etc...we've always done that in camp, sometimes we need to use those during the season...

Press: 2nd year players...

BB: I think he's improved, better understanding than last year...that's true of a number of 2nd year guys...

Press: Progression of kicking game

[And thus comes 5 minutes of static]

Press: What are the adjustments for Sullivan from 4-3?

BB: Technique, scheme, keys, etc. is different than what we do, but he's certainly not starting over...

Press: Draft 2003

BB: We evaluated him, but he wasn't an option for us (earlier pick)

Press: Al Groh?

BB: Yeah, I talk to him quite a bit, we go back a long way...nice to exchange ideas, personal and football...a lot of respect for him and his opinion

Press: Dean Pees?

BB: It's been good, he has a lot of experience...has coordinated at different levels, different schools, different positions on defensive side of ball...has a great understanding...brings a comprehensive understanding...

Press: Rodney Harrison?

BB: All the players that are rehabbing are making progress, and I'd put him in that category

Press: Younger guys getting guidance from veterans?

BB: Natural mix, nothing you can force as a coach...just happens as a natural progression, all the older players want to help the younger ones...a very unselfish veteran group we have...

Press: Transition...

BB: Pretty much the same, always new players coming in, some leaving...that's the way it is...different personalities and mix...same transition though, on every team...veteran players willing to give time

Press: Chatham, have you spoken at all to veterans?

BB: The names are different...you can find that transition every year...doesn't mean veterans have to stand up and give a speech, but they set an example, leadership...

Press: Nice to have Troy along with young receivers?

BB: Sure, he's a great technician and inspiration...

Press: What's your reaction about Roethlisberger?

BB: I hope the injuries aren't serious, hopefully he recovers fully...it's unfortunate

Press: Is that a teaching point for your players?

BB: I don't have first hand knowledge, so I won't pass judgement on something I don't know about personally...I have a high level of respect for Ben

BB: We all have choices to make, it's in the team's best interests to make the best ones, whatever they are...

BB: OK, Thank you...

Last edited:
I missed about 4 minutes in the middle because of static, but reload of the link did help.

pats1 ... you do have Star Trek translator or something? You did that
so fast? Good job!

pats1 said:
I missed about 4 minutes in the middle because of static, but reload of the link did help.

LOL -- I thought when you wrote "static" it meant five minutes of BB obfuscating and dancing around the kicker question!

I hope that was a truncated transcript, or else I'm going to think the "Press" was in fact just Steve Burton being his usual inane self. "Coach, Rodney Harrison? Jackson? Dean Pees?"

Richter said:
I hope that was a truncated transcript, or else I'm going to think the "Press" was in fact just Steve Burton being his usual inane self. "Coach, Rodney Harrison? Jackson? Dean Pees?"

Oh, of coure's it's truncated.

The microphone they have in the room can barely pick up the media's questions, so it's tough to hear and understand what they're saying. I usually just have to figure it out from the context of what BB replies with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back