PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick/Mangini Limp Wrist Shake and The Trainer .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Belichick/Mangini Limp Wrist Shake and The Security Dude.

F.B.N. said:
I'll go you one better. I get some inside news from time to time and I posted about Mcginest already knowing he was going to the Browns at our last game. Not much of a fuss was made over it given Willie's age.

Now...go one step furthur...anyone can hold out on the Patriots...anyone can negotiate under the table for 1 main reason...Belichick will not divulge any info to the press...even when he is the saint of the whole deal.

I think Branch saw what McGinest did and tried to do it himslef...except he wasn't old and almost done anyways...he was a prized commodity...and Belichick was dammed if he was going to let it happen again.

One more thing...I expect some exchange of picks with Seattle in the draft...nothing major...just a handshake deal that if the Patriots can help the Seahawks by moving around...and we get what we wanted anyways...we'll do it for them...because they saved us. If the Jets were the only team bidding for Branch...it would have been a sour note all season long...Thank The Lord fro the Seahawks.

Did the Patriots and Hawks make this deal behind the grassy knoll in Dallas?

How about another explanation. The Hawks offered what we found accpetable and the deal was made. Further, that is the total extent of the deal without a wink and a handshake to do some other stuff later as a Patriot thank you. Now apply Ockham's razor..........

My theory is that Mangini knew intimate details when BB screwed the Jets over on the DSLOB pick. NY was afraid NE would move up ahead of them to Chicagos spot and grab DSLOB. NJ overpaid big time, 2 firsts and another pick IIRC for the net Warren Sap. Chicago GM and BB are pals, thats a known fact.

Thats why I think Tannenbaum and Mangini were screwing around with Branch.

Triumph said:
My theory is that Mangini knew intimate details when BB screwed the Jets over on the DSLOB pick. NY was afraid NE would move up ahead of them to Chicagos spot and grab DSLOB. NJ overpaid big time, 2 firsts and another pick IIRC for the net Warren Sap. Chicago GM and BB are pals, thats a known fact.

:confused: Enlighten me please....DSLOB and net Warren Sap?

PatsChick87 said:
:confused: Enlighten me please....DSLOB and net Warren Sap?

I second that. In addition, why would Mangini care about something that happened to the Jets before he got there?

Look, haven't you guys been paying attention?
teh BB/Mangini situation is obvious.

BB tried to talk Mangini out of going to the jets when he left.
The jets are an arch rival within the division, there is no love lost,
plus BB would've liked to get one more year out of mangini before he left.
Mangini ignores him and leaves to the hated arch rival - so now BB's
very unhappy with him, and he has become the enemy. Now fast forward,
and the jets interfere with the pats dealings with branch, to the point where
the pats press tampering charges against them? are you kidding me?
do you not see how pissed the pats must be and how bitter BB is towards mangini now? Mangini looked dissappointed with the handshake to me, I played it over a few times in slow mo. he was downplaying any problems between the two in the media last week and said bb would be a good friend for life. I don't think he gets it. He's dead to BB right now. you don't screw with bb's team and have him act like nothing happened. mangini had to be kiddinh himself to think it was gonna be warm and fuzzy. but he got the message loud and clear at midfield. if the league didn't make them shake bb wouldn't have gone near him. mangini gets it now. he was quoted yesterday after the game as saying he's green now - all day, every day. so there's your big secret theories. the guy has burned his bridges right in front of all of us - there should be no surprise to this. maybe someday it will heal with time ala parcells, but right now, he's on BB's s**t list.

The Penguin is dead to BB.
The Twig is dead to me.
When will all the killing stop?

PatsWickedPissah said:
The Penguin is dead to BB.
The Twig is dead to me.
When will all the killing stop?

The casualtly list is getting pretty long!

Put me in the 'who the hell care' camp when it comes to the post-game pleasantries between the coaches. Like, dislike, tolerate, who knows. There is a lot of gamesmanship involved, too.

Teams do not file formal tampering charges against other teams unless they feel that something really happened that hurt their position. Some may say that they suspect but when they actually file charges, that is a big deal.

I think this is where the hard feelings lie. BB probably feels that the Jets went way beyond what they should in their talks with ******.

Mangini=Fredo

Sleeps with the fishes,(who are 0-2 BTW :D ).

Last edited:
Ok, I agree that there is something going on between Belichick and Mangini. But I just keep hearing on this forum and the media, is like Belichick is the one with the problem. Mangini saying he hasn't heard from Belichick in a while, how cold Belichick is with the post game handshake, whats up with Belichick, why is he so "freaked out"... Maybe i missed something but I haven't heard that Mangini is putting out the welcome mat either. He certainly didn't look like he wanted to be buddy buddy in the post game handshake. Has Mangini even tried to call him, anyone know ??

Triumph said:

Someone please translate: DSLOB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey