PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick/Mangini Limp Wrist Shake and The Trainer .

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Wow...even by Belichick standards the handshake was barely there and from a maximum distance. Belichick was already moving in the pocket before the shake....I love it...a mad Bill is a good Bill.

ALSO: Major props to the field security guy. first he tells the camera guy NO!!! ... Then he says no again and blocks the view again...

The camera guy does a stop and go hook move back to Dillon and the camera guy was already waiting for him with his arms crossed...that was funny.

Last edited:
Re: Belichick/Mangini Limp Wrist Shake and The Security Dude.

Yeah, it was a brief one between BB and Mangini but there were so many cameras around. It was a crush of humanity and ya know, BB never performs for the cameras.

Hoodie said:
Yeah, it was a brief one between BB and Mangini but there were so many cameras around. It was a crush of humanity and ya know, BB never performs for the cameras.
He did with Parcells. I bet he would with Romeo. This was just... icy.

Patjew said:
This was just... icy.
It was an arms' length for sure. I wonder what's got Bill so freaked out about it. Other than his dislike for the jesters, I guess.

Patjew said:
He did with Parcells. I bet he would with Romeo. This was just... icy.

My hubby floated an idea during the game that I thought was crazy, but now I don't know given BB's obvious hostility to EM (I thought Tony Dungy got better treatment last time around). What if EM had something to do w/ Branch's holdout? Like, knowing Branch is wary of negotiating w/ the Pats, EM told him months ago we'd love to get you on the Jets if we could find a way to do it? Branch & his agent hold out. BB, who supported his protege getting a head coaching job and was expecting some loyalty on an issue like this, suspects it, or hears a rumor, and he does the "I'll give you a week to seek a trade" routine to smoke EM out. Sure enough, the Jets are in the running, and in the beginning, Branch is filing grievances saying he wants to go to the Jets. Then several unexpected things happen - Branch is putting up way too much of a fight; this whole mess is adversely affecting Brady, and Seattle comes in with an unexpected offer to bail out Branch (and the Pats). However, BB is really steamed at EM and presses tampering charges, and treats his former protege (who looked as sheepish as BB looked mad at mid-field) like the dirt that he is.

Interesting theory, anyway.

Parcells grabbed BB and frenched kissed him (ok, that's not true but it sure looked that way) and we haven't played Cleveland since Romeo took over so we don't know how BB would behave.

I agree there's something going on there but BB's not gonna slobber all over Mangini just because the press wants him to. I'm the last person to say I understand men, but it seems to me that even if BB advised Mangini not to take the job, he's not going to shut him out because Mangini decided to do otherwise. As Mike the Brit pointed out, he hasn't done that to Saban (though he and Saban don't walk off into the sunset arm and arm either.)

Last edited:

PatsDeb said:
My hubby floated an idea during the game that I thought was crazy, but now I don't know given BB's obvious hostility to EM (I thought Tony Dungy got better treatment last time around). What if EM had something to do w/ Branch's holdout? Like, knowing Branch is wary of negotiating w/ the Pats, EM told him months ago we'd love to get you on the Jets if we could find a way to do it? Branch & his agent hold out. BB, who supported his protege getting a head coaching job and was expecting some loyalty on an issue like this, suspects it, or hears a rumor, and he does the "I'll give you a week to seek a trade" routine to smoke EM out. Sure enough, the Jets are in the running, and in the beginning, Branch is filing grievances saying he wants to go to the Jets. Then several unexpected things happen - Branch is putting up way too much of a fight; this whole mess is adversely affecting Brady, and Seattle comes in with an unexpected offer to bail out Branch (and the Pats). However, BB is really steamed at EM and presses tampering charges, and treats his former protege (who looked as sheepish as BB looked mad at mid-field) like the dirt that he is.

Interesting theory, anyway.

Lot better theory than most of the space aliens did it stuff here. Obviously there's SOMETHING not positive between the two. And I think that it's something regarding the Branch situation.

Hoodie said:
I agree there's something going on there but BB's not gonna slobber all over Mangini just because the press wants him to.
Nor should he. I like intra-divisional grudges.

PatsDeb said:
My hubby floated an idea during the game that I thought was crazy, but now I don't know given BB's obvious hostility to EM (I thought Tony Dungy got better treatment last time around). What if EM had something to do w/ Branch's holdout? .

I'll go you one better. I get some inside news from time to time and I posted about Mcginest already knowing he was going to the Browns at our last game. Not much of a fuss was made over it given Willie's age.

Now...go one step furthur...anyone can hold out on the Patriots...anyone can negotiate under the table for 1 main reason...Belichick will not divulge any info to the press...even when he is the saint of the whole deal.

I think Branch saw what McGinest did and tried to do it himslef...except he wasn't old and almost done anyways...he was a prized commodity...and Belichick was dammed if he was going to let it happen again.

One more thing...I expect some exchange of picks with Seattle in the draft...nothing major...just a handshake deal that if the Patriots can help the Seahawks by moving around...and we get what we wanted anyways...we'll do it for them...because they saved us. If the Jets were the only team bidding for Branch...it would have been a sour note all season long...Thank The Lord fro the Seahawks.

Hoodie said:
As Mike the Brit pointed out, he hasn't done that to Saban
Exactly! So why the drive-by handshake with Mangini? Why wouldn't BB even say Mangini's name in the post-game press conference? I've never seen him not at least say a couple words to EVERY opposing coach, even Dungy. What the heck is going on?

my god who cares? BB could have a Magini voo doo doll for all i care. Teach the 2ndary how to tackle and get ready for Denver. I couldnt care less about drama.

I LOVE having the old border war heating up again. It's FUN to hate the green slime. Mangini is Satan!

PatsWickedPissah said:
I LOVE having the old border war heating up again. It's FUN to hate the green slime. Mangini is Satan!

That's the post I'm looking for...too much PC in the world...I want more hate when the game is played.:D

Eh, I'm not hyped with a border war with the Jets. A Belichick vs Mangini rivalry would be a battle of extreme subtleties. Bring back Parcells as a mediator and you've got me hooked for watching the show, otherwise I'm just in it for the football.

No, a BB war with 'The Penguin' is just what we need. Look at the frost between the 2 guys at mid-field. It's the cure for global warming I tell you.

desi-patsfan said:
Teach the 2ndary how to tackle and get ready for Denver.

attaboy. couldn't agree more.

F.B.N. said:
I'll go you one better. I get some inside news from time to time and I posted about Mcginest already knowing he was going to the Browns at our last game. Not much of a fuss was made over it given Willie's age.

Now...go one step furthur...anyone can hold out on the Patriots...anyone can negotiate under the table for 1 main reason...Belichick will not divulge any info to the press...even when he is the saint of the whole deal.

I think Branch saw what McGinest did and tried to do it himslef...except he wasn't old and almost done anyways...he was a prized commodity...and Belichick was dammed if he was going to let it happen again.

One more thing...I expect some exchange of picks with Seattle in the draft...nothing major...just a handshake deal that if the Patriots can help the Seahawks by moving around...and we get what we wanted anyways...we'll do it for them...because they saved us. If the Jets were the only team bidding for Branch...it would have been a sour note all season long...Thank The Lord fro the Seahawks.

McGinest was cut. His cap number was huge

Branch had a year left on his contract. A very favorable contract to us.

I don't see the similarity.

F.B.N. said:
That's the post I'm looking for...too much PC in the world...I want more hate when the game is played.:D
I'm good with hate. Hate I understand. Hate keeps me warm during cold winter nights.

I think it's funny how we all think Belichick doesn't want to shake hands with Mangini. From what I saw, Mangini didn't seem to excited about it either. I think they BOTH hate each other. Why? I don't know. I will say that while it's early, I'm already more impressed with Mangini that I thought I would be. A lot of teams would have folded today but his kept fighting until the end. That showed me something. I still don't know if he will be a great coach but right now it appears that the team is on the right track.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
I'm already more impressed with Mangini that I thought I would be. A lot of teams would have folded today but his kept fighting until the end. That showed me something. I still don't know if he will be a great coach but right now it appears that the team is on the right track.

what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye