PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick Locks National Media Out From Practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The first couple minutes are what the Pats are. Always think about this when an anti-Pats rumor starts.

Good to see Bill remain faithful to his character and not kowtow to a national media who have unfairly done a hatchet job on him and his team all this off season. He knows they hate him because he challenges them to be smart and knowledgeable. He's not there to make their job easier like the popular coaches do.

After 40 years you'd think they'd know by now that they aren't going to get a straight answer on a question that might throw a player or coach under the bus, give away any strategic information, or some other stupidities. He is NOT EVER going to offer speculation, or give them more than a general insight on his operation.

God Bless him for being this way. While it would be a life long dream to see the Pats on HBO during training camp, I know it wouldn't be in the team's best interests. Bill understands that all the extraneous things that the media THINKS is important and seeks out, doesn't add anything to his efforts to win on Sunday, and might even be a negative, so he eliminates them from the equation. It's nothing personal, and it's not a secret. Yet any time Bill is merely being Bill, they all act like 2 year olds being told there will be no desert.
This . . . bears repeating

Is there a source for this: I googled it and this thread is the only thing that comes up....
Did you miss post #10 of this thread?

Did you miss post #10 of this thread?

Yeah thanks I missed that somehow. Strange the media isn't picking itup, that's a pretty obscure source....

I don't know about that one. I can't recall a confirmed instance of Kraft overriding a BB decision.

As somebody's boss you don't override so much as strongly suggest. There are two cases where I think that happened:

1. Adding in a 7th to the Welker compensation.
2. Putting Troy Brown on the roster his last (basically useless) season, which I think was also tantamount to losing a 7th (a reasonable estimate of the value of an end-of-roster slot).

Troy Brown getting a roster spot his final season was at Kraft's request but other than that i can't think of him meddling, this is different however because it involves his buddies at CBS and his role on the TV committee so I could definitely see Kraft ordering Belichick to open the doors to all of them. I can also see that being the catalyst to Belichick finally having enough and calling it quits after this season.

Beat me to it. The other one was the Welker deal.

I just just want BB to stick it to ESPN ....with an exemption for Reiss.
Today......the Network of Lebron is visibly shaken that their "talisman" went down in defeat and their post game coverage is as somber a television event as I have ever seen. Stephen A. looks as if he was diagnosed with inoperable cancer with 24 hours to live. It's nice of ESPN to devote 25% of their post game to the winning side.

I just just want BB to stick it to ESPN ....with an exemption for Reiss.
Today......the Network of Lebron is visibly shaken that their "talisman" went down in defeat and their post game coverage is as somber a television event as I have ever seen. Stephen A. looks as if he was diagnosed with inoperable cancer with 24 hours to live. It's nice of ESPN to devote 25% of their post game to the winning side.

Much the same was seen post Broncos-Seahawks Super Bowl.

Someone replied to that tweet and said the Packers, Ravens, Seahawks and Steelers do the same thing. I'm not Volin, so I'm not going to immediately assume this is true, but, if so, why doesn't Myers mention those teams, also?
Meanwhile, the Jaguars, Bucs, Titans and Panthers are like "Come over here instead, national media!" And the media is like "Nah, you guys can do whatever you want & we won't care."

Hopefully the Patriots players emulate their coach! Opening night would be hilarious with during the pre and post game, the Pats pulled a Marshawn "I'm only here so I won't get fined"

Stick it to the networks who,lied about them.

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/2015/06/sox-still-scuffling-patriots-on-vacation

Chris Gasper wants you to thank your local beat writer:

6. Media members are often subject to criticism and derision. Sometimes we deserve it. But I hope Patriots fans appreciate the yeoman work being done by the Patriots beat writers to chronicle practice sessions and provide them with updates during OTAs and minicamp while contending with players who have no identifiable numbers on them. If going sans numerals really does boost team bonding, the Patriots will win the first-ever Nobel Prize for team chemistry.
what a ***hole. Can BB block the local beat writers like gasper also ?

Hopefully the Patriots players emulate their coach! Opening night would be hilarious with during the pre and post game, the Pats pulled a Marshawn "I'm only here so I won't get fined"

Stick it to the networks who,lied about them.

I know this is tongue in cheek, but I seem to recall Lynch copyrighting the "I'm only here so I won't get fined " phrase.

Pats would need a different phrase.

Belichick is an evil genius that feeds on the dark side of the force. Negative energy gives him and those under his power greater strength. Locking out the national media invokes outrage from them resulting in negative press which makes Belichick and the Patriots stronger. Spygate gave off so much negative energy that it resulted in a 16-0 regular season and 18-1 overall with a trip to the SB. Deflategate resulted in another trip to the SB and a win this time. Belichick renames his boat which is supposed to be bad luck but just results in more SB for him.

Disclaimer: Like the Wells Report, this is only circumstantial evidence but it is more probable then not that I came up with this reply while locked in the bathroom letting a little air out of my system. What came out pretty well sums up what the Wells Report is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down