PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BELICHICK IS TO BLAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contender for most delusional poster on PatsFans. Actually no, not even contender. You outright win.
Yeah, at the 1/4 mile mark of the season, only the most optimistic of Patriots fans would see this current incarnation as a contender. By the end of the season they may well be but right now, that's a no from me until proven otherwise.

BELICHICK IS TO BLAME.

I just said Josh should be fired tonight.

Someone replied it won't happen because he's "Belichick's guy."

I said all the more reason to sh#tcan him, so Belichick can see how it feels for a change.

It's time to redirect this conversation where it belongs. Through out this entire nightmare, the Rutger JAG's, the Welker breakdown in relations, not resigning Blount, questionable drafting, putting the GOAT behind a peewee offensive line, fielding Amendola over Thompkins in Arrowhead, and TRADING MANKINS right before the season starts, I have one question:

How the hell has Lord Belichick escaped this conversation while the whole world dumps on the guy who has been covering up his BS for the last 6 seasons?

Josh should be gone tomorrow. He sucked as soon as he got here, running his gimmicky BS meant for trash teams like Tebow's Broncos while having some of the best offensive players in football, and it's been a DRASTIC decline from that day on.

Take a look how KCs WRs, TEs and RBs were open all night. KC threw downfield. Reid found creative ways to get his players open.

Are they that much better than NEs???? NO, the only one is Jamal Charles and maybe Dwayne Bowe.

Now look at what the NE offense was doing. The same predictable dink and dunk. The same bailing on the run game that we see in every loss. The Pats brought 5 RBs to KC and left Dobson and Thompkins home not that it would make any difference. The Pats gameplan on offense is stale and predictable every week. The only chess move last night was faking to go for it on 4th down and forcing KC to call a TO.

First offensive series, pick up 3 or 4 yards running on first play. Play number 2 - a sideline post to JE (wtf??????). Play 3, third and long............... Good night

That first play was set up beautifully for Vereen to break a big gain, but as always he got tripped up. The bomb to a completely covered Edelman was a complete head scratcher.

You want to fire the greatest head coach of his generation when he went to the afccg last year and is just 2-2 this year? And who do you suggest take over? Should we install a whole brand new system just 4 games into the season? It can't be that hard right? This is not madden.

Yes, I want to fire the greatest coach of his generation and the one who took us to the AFCCG last year. Isn't that what I just said? It's time for him to move on.

I never said it should be done right now. It should be done in December when our season comes to an end.

Yes, I want to fire the greatest coach of his generation and the one who took us to the AFCCG last year. Isn't that what I just said? It's time for him to move on.

I never said it should be done right now. It should be done in December when our season comes to an end.

Jim Harbaugh is available....

Jim Harbaugh is available....

I would take Jim Harbaugh over Belichick easily at this point. I wouldn't even hesitate. His attitude is exactly what this team needs.

That first play was set up beautifully for Vereen to break a big gain, but as always he got tripped up. The bomb to a completely covered Edelman was a complete head scratcher.

A dead scratcher was no KT, AD, or wright seeing the ball. The coaches are out of their minds. And then we only 3 wr's and 5 RB's and don't even run the ball. Its a joke and this team isn't given the best tools to succeed.

Suiting up 3 receivers seemed okay IF they were going to be focused on running the ball and playing some semblance of an effective defensive unit.

Much like last week vs a team with a very bad run defense, they shocked us all by coming out of the gate and deciding to throw 3 straight times for a three and out...

Vintage McDaniels.

NE had 24 rushing yards in the 1st half.

How is Hernandez a miss ? Is BB now also responsible for tucking in every player in the evening to make sure they are at home ? From football perspective he was a great pick.

And when you pick up UFAs for cheap then you have the margin to fail that often without landing in cap hell. I agree that most of the UFA players didn't work out, but apart from the opportunity cost they also didn't screw up our budget.
Aaron Hernandez a great pick… hmm…:eek:

KC made an emphasis to take away Edelman and Gronk. They are not stupid like Minny and Oakland.

Edelman has been carrying the team for weeks and Gronk is a favorte Brady target. The result was 5 first downs, 24 rushing yards ( point shotgun at foot) and 74 passing yards. Less than 100 yards total offense in the first half. Evidently this move from KC surprised everyone on the NE coaching staff.

Did anyone really believe that the boy genuis McDaniels would make 1/2 time adjustments that would get NE back in the game?

Aaron Hernandez a great pick… hmm…:eek:

In terms of talent and his on-field performance he definitely was a great pick. If you have forgotten how much of a difference maker he was just take a look at games from 2011/2012. The talent evaluation and the position where he was drafted was spot on. I don't see how you can name him a miss.

In terms of talent and his on-field performance he definitely was a great pick. If you have forgotten how much of a difference maker he was just take a look at games from 2011/2012. The talent evaluation and the position where he was drafted was spot on. I don't see how you can name him a miss.
I own his jersey still, so yeah I agree, he was great player for 3 seasons, unfortunately how his career ended eliminates all positives that you can say about him.

Who did Weis have?

Weis teams routinely scored a lot fewer points than McDaniels teams, and he was working with the benefits of much better defenses. Pointing to Weis over McDaniels as if there's some kind of "a ha!" there just shows a lack of understanding of the game.

Late to this thread but 100% the failures of this team are Belichicks. If Carroll or Harbaugh or another good coach had the talent we have on defense would they play and look as bad as they were?

Answer. No.

I own his jersey still, so yeah I agree, he was great player for 3 seasons, unfortunately how his career ended eliminates all positives that you can say about him.

About him as an individual, yes absolutely, there is nothing positive left to say.

However, what I am trying to say is that the talent evaluation in his case worked as good as it can. I just don't think you can put him on the same list as Wilson or Bequette. That's all.

Weis teams routinely scored a lot fewer points than McDaniels teams, and he was working with the benefits of much better defenses. Pointing to Weis over McDaniels as if there's some kind of "a ha!" there just shows a lack of understanding of the game.

Weis was effective at scheming about deficiencies...... I don't think McDaniel can

Team is just like 2009 when taking out Moss and Welker left us with nothing. Take out Edelman and Gronk and we have nothing. Doesn't help that our idiotic staff benches 2 of its best WR's for 1 terrible WR and a RB that never did a thing until garbage time.

As a neutral observer, but big NFL fan, I think last night was a combination of:

1) K.C. being very fired up and well-prepared for a nationally-televised game where the crowd was going for decibel records and the team was determined not to fall to 1-3 at home under the spotlight. Reid had them dialed in and their effort level was awesome in all aspects.

2) Belichick sort of writing off the game very early (more because he recognized the atmosphere, energy, and inevitability than the scoreboard precluded a comeback a la SF last year).

I thought the Belichick comments related by Tirico and Gruden were very telling regarding how the rules have limited preseason practice/workouts so much that the reps Bill normally needs to determine his depth chart are now reached several weeks into the actual season rather than the end of the preseason. It appeared last night, in terms of the inactives, the game plan and the in-game substitutions/benchings that Belichick was still treating the game as a long-term evaluation tool as much as anything. Starting all the rookies, benching Ryan and Solder for their mistakes, etc., looked to me like Bill was thinking "2-2 through 4 isn't the end of the world, but failing to determine what we have here before too long could be bad." It also probably doesn't help that this year might have more unanswered questions at more positions than usual.

Anyway, I strongly suspect you guys will beat the only undefeated team left in the AFC come this Sunday night, and most (never would say "all" because I understand the nature of sports forums and fans) of you will be changing your tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back