PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BELICHICK IS TO BLAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikey m said:
I really wish we had some guys that brought a physical presence and attitude to this team. Haven't had much of it since the SB years and after the departure of Spikes and Mankins we have absolutely 0 on both sides of the ball. No one to bring an edge to the team that can rub off on the other guys. We literally just have a bunch of individuals each trying to do his job hoping he doesn't f*** it up. No attitude, no killer-instinct, no desire. To me, this is the worst part as there's really no way to fix it. Brady has obviously always been a leader but there's only so much the man can do and he seems to be losing the fire. Gotta be hard not to in the huddle glaring at sheer mediocrity on all sides.

I think you are forgetting Chandler Jones...

While Patricia is often seen as the scapegoat, I still would think that Bill Belichick is behind a good portion of the defensive scheming.

He may hand the reins over to Patricia for the game calls, but he certainly has the authority to change things if he sees a bad fit, and stays in constant communication throughout the game with him.

You are right....it all comes back to the defensive GENIUS BB......unfortunately he hasnt been much of a great defensive mind for a long time.....and his assistants are no Romeo Crennel

Sometimes I feel like Belichick tries to be too smart for his own good, going for low percentage, high risk personnel moves and justifying it by saying he still has Brady if they don't work out. Well, it's finally catching up to him...

I don't understand why the Patriots didn't come out and pound the football against a run D giving up 130 yards per game. What better way to calm the nerves of the new OL, especially the rookies and get the Patriots into a groove.

I don't understand the Patriots approach to this season.

With Gronk not fully ready yet, and Lafell being the only other WR over 6 feet, I couldn't believe they came out throwing. I feel we are a much better team when Ridley gets rolling, plus what better way then pounding the ball, and let these new big guys up front impose their will, and build confidence. I feel like the offensive game plan was to catch the defense by surprise. It didn't work, and they only changed it up when the game was out of reach.

Defense is to conservative for me. As of now, BB and MP are pretty much using Revis the same way Tampa did. And that deserves a lot of criticism. That was a poorly coached and executed game last night for the D.

So to summarize, the O and D should swap plans. The O should be more conservative, while the D more aggressive.

I hate that people think the Mankins deal has any significant impact on this crappy team. People, he is not the difference or any where close to it. Was it a dumb trade esp since they didn't draft more Oline guys? Yeah probably but the trade is not the reason this team is horrific.

Josh McDaniels must go! And take your guy Danny Amendola with you!

I'm also thinking Kraft must go, they should blow up the stadium and change the team colors and uniforms. I'm kidding about this part...kind of. Seriously though, the sky has fallen

The need for a scapegoat greater than the need for common sense this morning..

What fans fail to acknowledge is every team has hits and misses in the draft and free agency... whether they have the greatest GM of all time or not..

Last edited:
With Gronk not fully ready yet, and Lafell being the only other WR over 6 feet, I couldn't believe they came out throwing. I feel we are a much better team when Ridley gets rolling, plus what better way then pounding the ball, and let these new big guys up front impose their will, and build confidence. I feel like the offensive game plan was to catch the defense by surprise. It didn't work, and they only changed it up when the game was out of reach.

Defense is to conservative for me. As of now, BB and MP are pretty much using Revis the same way Tampa did. And that deserves a lot of criticism. That was a poorly coached and executed game last night for the D.

What, you didn't like that bomb to Edelman on the second play of the game while he was completely blanketed? The Chiefs never saw that one coming

I don't understand why the Patriots didn't come out and pound the football against a run D giving up 130 yards per game. What better way to calm the nerves of the new OL, especially the rookies and get the Patriots into a groove.

I don't understand the Patriots approach to this season.

We'll try to pound the ball next week against a stout run defense, because McD likes to think outside the box.

We'll try to pound the ball next week against a stout run defense, because McD likes to think outside the box.

McDaniels thinking to himself about the Bengals game "what is the secret to beating this stout defense? TEBOW!! Call him up!!"

Its fine if you want to put all the blame on BB but if he leaves tomorrow the players in the locker room still have to suit up and play against the bengals. I am not letting Belichick off the hook for tonights performance but there is a lot of blame pie to be based around.

What, you didn't like that bomb to Edelman on the second play of the game while he was completely blanketed? The Chiefs never saw that one coming
What was all that leaning into the CB after the ball had sailed over his diminutive corpse....a soccer flop without hitting the turf...can't even do that right

I think Bill is to blame but not for the reasons the original poster states. While I haven't been crazy about Josh's play calling he's got a pile of crap to work with. Both the Raiders and Chiefs came in giving up 5+ yards per carry and the Pats couldn't dent them. Then you look at the passes Brady or Garoppolo did complete and the windows were so tight they have to be perfect every time. The O-Line is awful and the receiving core just north of awful.

The defense looked great against the sisters of the poor in the Raiders and Vikings but against medicore offenses in Miami and KC they got killed. They're still playing bend but don't break which I simply don't get. They've added personell to be much more aggressive but Bill is stuck in 1986 Giants mode. The defense should be much better.

All in all Bill the GM has failed Bill the coach but Bill the defensive genius needs to realize defense has changed.

I can't help but feel this morning that Bill has wasted the second half of Brady's career being a mizer and not going for it every year. People made fun of Elway but look at how stacked that team is on both sides of the ball. That offensive line crushed this same Chiefs team that just made the Pat's OL look like a high school team.

Before I get condemned at being part of the fellowship of the miserable check my posts and I usually get thrown in hte homer category but it's time to be honest with ourselves that this teams doesn't have the talent to turn it around and make a run at a championship. They'll still win the AFC least and maybe win a a playoff game but they aren't beating a big boy in the divisional round on the road.

I hate that people think the Mankins deal has any significant impact on this crappy team. People, he is not the difference or any where close to it. Was it a dumb trade esp since they didn't draft more Oline guys? Yeah probably but the trade is not the reason this team is horrific.

You understand nothing about football. Without Mankins they cannot establish the run game. Mankins was way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better in the running game than any current interior OL.
Without him, they cannot convert short 3rd downs by running.
13:08 3rd & 2, KC42
Shane Vereen rushed to the right for no gain
That was beggining of second quarter, when the Pats were still in the game.

With Mankins they were a lock for 12 wins. Without him, with the same people, you have an atrocious offense.

People are blaming Bill the GM, but I think it is Bill the Coach that is the problem right now. Here is why:

• Bill the GM has been aggressively drafting and adding pieces for more of an aggressive attack style 4-3 defense. They have been mostly playing a read and react zone 3-4 defense.
  • Bill the GM signed arguably the best man press cover corner in the league. Bill the Coach uses him in a lot of off zone coverages and, even when he is on the line, he is back pedaling against a bigger receiver like Bowe. We used to make fun of Greg Schiano for doing the same thing last year.
  • Bill the GM got two WRs who had good rookie seasons and they are watching the game from the press box while dressing only three WRs and five RBs in a game where they ran more 3 receiver, one RB sets.
  • The Chiefs are not a good run defense and Ridley is on the sideline while when they run, they are running out of the shotgun with Vereen.
  • The Chiefs have a makeshift o-line yet the Pats rarely tested the line with a blitz.

Last edited:

Josh McDaniels must go! And take your guy Danny Amendola with you!

I'm also thinking Kraft must go, they should blow up the stadium and change the team colors and uniforms. I'm kidding about this part...kind of. Seriously though, the sky has fallen
I do not think it is the loss Mankins as a player as much as it is the impact it has had on the players who are still here. Brady is clearly pissed off; the rest of the OL has no tone setter or leadership. Mankins was the player that came up and knocked the opponent to the ground if he was getting Brady’s face or being overly aggressive with him.

I'm not saying McDaniels is the GOAT but it's easy to be a great OC as Captain Hindsight. Patriots run the ball on 3rd & 2 "WHY DIDNT THEY PASS IT WOW MCDANIELS" Patriots pass the ball on 3rd & 2 and it's incomplete "WOW WHY DIDNT YOU RUN ON 3rd & 2 ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?" the whole forum freaked out when we ran on 3rd and 2 when that's the exact situation that you guys are always complaining doesn't happen. He's not great but it's up to the players to execute. McDaniels isn't the one who told Stork to completely whiff on that block on Stork. McDaniels wasn't the one who decided not to run for the first down and throw it to Edelman instead. I'm not sure Bill Walsh would be able to do anything last night with this offense when all we had was one receiving option in Brandon LaFell because Edelman was finally taken out of a game.
Also...this is a big problem
sampb1a160c6916bb52f.jpg

Coaching has been the biggest problem for this team so far...they havent been putting their players in the best position to succeed.

1. Defense: before we could put blame on the talent. But, when you have the amount of talent you do in this teams defense and still look like they did in 2011?? that is a problem there with the coaching. We finally have good press man-cover corners yet are playing a soft zone most of the game. Belicheck used Talib to shadow the best player in man coverage all over the line, why wont he with Revis whom is better than talib? will they do the same passive garbage when we have Browner next week? because it isnt going to cut it. we need to be playing man and blitzing/be more agressive

2. on offense, you decide to bench your two sophmore receivers whom are athletic 6 feet+. you have 4 RB's active and 3 TE's OK, that means we are going to run more...NOPE, we decide to run 6 times in the first half. and go to a shotgun spread them out offense. You are telling me that Dobson/thompkins couldnt have helped more than james white whom didnt play any snaps, or wright who hardly played.

And, dont tell me that thompkins/dobson are jags...because last year they showed some of the most promise rookie receivers have had with brady. and Brady has been targetting them when on the field. UNLIKE amendola whom somehow seems to find his way onto the active list.

so, we are going into a hostile environment with solid pass rushers, inactivate two of our better receivers, have 2 rookies starting on the OL, and our offensive gameplan is to spread them out in the shot gun and not run the ball?? that is putting your team in position to fail.

how is the offense supposed to gel when you are subbing in OL men every play, and have different WR inactive every game. double, how is dobson/thompkins expected to develop when they are riding the pine so you can try and justify signing danny amendola to that large contract?

BB and the coaching staff needs to take a step back and look at what they are HORRIBLY wrong. because I see alot of talent on this team, and it is underperforming due to horrible coaching/playcalling/substitutions/inactives

People are blaming Bill the GM, but I think it is Bill the Coach that is the problem right now. Here is why:

• Bill the GM has been aggressively drafting and adding pieces for more of an aggressive attack style 4-3 defense. They have been mostly playing a read and react zone 3-4 defense.
  • Bill the GM signed arguably the best man press cover corner in the league. Bill the Coach uses him in a lot of off zone coverages and, even when he is on the line, he is back pedaling against a bigger receiver like Bowe. We used to make fun of Greg Schiano for doing the same thing last year.
  • Bill the GM got two WRs who had good rookie seasons and they are watching the game from the press box while dressing only three WRs and five RBs in a game where they ran more 3 receiver, one RB sets.
  • The Chiefs are not a good run defense and Ridley is on the sideline while when they run, they are running out of the shotgun with Vereen.
  • The Chiefs have a makeshift d-line yet the Pats rarely tested the line with a blitz.

ding ding ding, we have a winner!! horrible coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back