PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BELICHICK IS TO BLAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Dobson is healthy Amendola should probably never be activated ever again.
Yes, unless Edelman is injured. IMHO, DA is Eelman's backup in the slot.

• Winner
Reactions: BSR
Personally, I think the team needs to take a hard look at their development plans for their younger players. How many of our recent draft picks have shown dramatic improvements in year 2, or 3, how many have actually regressed?

- Jamie Collins - He has not been the beast most of us expected him to develop into this season, it could be due to the thigh injury.
- Aaron Dobson - He has been inactive for 3 of 4 games this season, if he is not healthy they should not have had him practice in the preseason and left him on PUP.
- Logan Ryan - He was benched last night and replaced with an UDFA rookie Malcolm Butler.
- Duron Harmon - He has fallen behind Pat Chung and Tavon Wilson on the depth chart.
- Josh Boyce - He did not even make the 53-man roster.
- Michael Buchanan - He has been injured for most of the season, TBD.
- Steve Beauharnais - He did not make the 53-man roster.
- Chandler Jones - He has shown development, he has been a bright spot.
- Donta Hightower - He struggled in his second season but has shown very well this season.
- Tavon Wilson - He had a decent rookie season, and then he played just 17 defensive snaps last season.
- Jake Bequette - He spent 2 full seasons on the roster before being cut this preseason, he barely played and did not register a stat.
- Alfonzo Dennard - He has not develop much since his rookie season, he has been solid, but as a rookie, I thought he had potential to develop into a top notch #2 CB.
- Nate Solder - He has regressed in 2013 and now in 2014.
- Stevan Ridley - He had a great 2012, we decide to destroy his confidence by trading for Blount leading to him trying to bulk up to Blount’s weight in the offseason and then he could not even hold onto the football.
- Shane Vereen - He has flashed but he has the talent to be so much more.
- Ryan Mallett - He was shipped out of town for a conditional sixth round pick.
- Marcus Cannon - He has had solid development, he should be starting but we have not stuck with him long enough to see if he can do it.
- Devin McCourty - He was pro bowl CB as a rookie, he struggled so bad we ended moving him to safety where thankfully he has got his career back on track and is an all pro FS.
- Rob Gronkowski - Beast, unfortunately injuries have been detrimental to his career.
- Jermaine Cunningham - He had a solid rookie campaign then we decided to not play him in his second season, by year 3 he was using PEDs desperate to get on the field.
- Brandon Spikes - He had a promising start to his career, it ended badly.
- Taylor Price – He was never used; him and Bequette had the same career path.
- Aaron Hernandez - He developed into a murderer, before that he actually regressed from year 2 to year 3, granted he had other priorities like covering up a double homicide.

I wish I could say we are drafting badly but I do not think that is the problem, I think Belichick needs to look at his coaching staff, are they doing their jobs. If we draft players especially in the top 3 rounds, we should be playing them and giving them a chance.

NAILED IT! AGREE!
Brady on a decline isn't as bad as it sounds. He can still hang with best of'm but BB has NEVER addressed an urgency after AHern was arrested and 2 TE Hurry Up Offense was done. When you Have Tom Brady BB MUST do EVERYTHING to get him Top Shelf Receivers through FA, Trades PROVEN VETS whatever it takes. BB has cost us a couple of more SB Wins with our Atrocious Defense and now he's managed to do it to our Offense and last nite was a dose of both of them Suckin It Up! I dunno where Kraft is in all of this if he's too cheap to pull'da trigger but Brady should sue for lack of support but he won't 'cuz he's a good soldier, BB should be held Accountable for ALL THIS!
Peyton Manning has about 1/3 the arm strength he used to have, he still plays well because Elway surrounds him with talent, Elway spends every last nickel of cap space because he knows after Manning it is likely going to be a lot harder. Belichick the GM is to blame, I hate say it because I idolize the man (as a coach) but he has let the team down with his personnel decisions.

Edelman does not spend much time in the slot. He lines about a flanker Z-WR in most cases.
So, what is your suggestion?

Should we cut DA and sign a slot receiver from the street?

Peyton Manning has about 1/3 the arm strength he used to have, he still plays well because Elway surrounds him with talent, Elway spends every last nickel of cap space because he knows after Manning it is likely going to be a lot harder. Belichick the GM is to blame, I hate say it because I idolize the man (as a coach) but he has let the team down with his personnel decisions.

Wrong answer

So, what is your suggestion?

Should we cut DA and sign a slot receiver from the street?
I was just correcting where Edelman plays. You said he was slot receiver and he is not. Regarding Amendola I think you know how I feel and I have decided his performance on a weekly basis does all the talking needed for me.

What is the correct one?
First, Manning has more than 1/3 of an arm

2nd, Denver went out and got manning with a deal that allowed them to get other pieces but will crush them the moment he can't play....talk Denver to me at the end of the season

First, Manning has more than 1/3 of an arm

2nd, Denver went out and got manning with a deal that allowed them to get other pieces but will crush them the moment he can't play....talk Denver to me at the end of the season
Well they will be crushed when Manning is gone and last night we got crushed and Brady is still here. You may want to rethink your answer.

I just said Josh should be fired tonight.

Someone replied it won't happen because he's "Belichick's guy."

I said all the more reason to sh#tcan him, so Belichick can see how it feels for a change.

It's time to redirect this conversation where it belongs. Through out this entire nightmare, the Rutger JAG's, the Welker breakdown in relations, not resigning Blount, questionable drafting, putting the GOAT behind a peewee offensive line, fielding Amendola over Thompkins in Arrowhead, and TRADING MANKINS right before the season starts.
Josh is to blame? Ridiculous! You're trying really hard to find a scapegoat.

Bill Belichick is to blame for ignoring the interior of the offensive line thru the NFL Draft from 2008 to 2013 with QUALITY picks:

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...os=ALL&college_id=all&conference=any&show=all

Meanwhile Bill Belichick pissed away draft picks on busts such Wheatley, Crable, O'Connell, Wilhite, Brace, Butler, Tate, McKenzie, Cunningham, Price, Dowling, Mallett, Wilson, Bequette.

Well they will be crushed when Manning is gone and last night we got crushed and Brady is still here. You may want to rethink your answer.
That's fine....your suggestion is not going to happen....so move on

Josh is to blame? Ridiculous! You're trying really hard to find a scapegoat.

Bill Belichick is to blame for ignoring the interior of the offensive line thru the NFL Draft from 2008 to 2013 with QUALITY picks:

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...os=ALL&college_id=all&conference=any&show=all

Meanwhile Bill Belichick pissed away draft picks on busts such Wheatley, Crable, O'Connell, Wilhite, Brace, Butler, Tate, McKenzie, Cunningham, Price, Dowling, Mallett, Wilson, Bequette.
It would be interesting to see what players the scouts recommended against the selections the Patriots made.

It would be interesting to see what players the scouts recommended against the selections the Patriots made.
The offensive line is in shambles. UDFAs Devey and Kline are not the answers, Wendell and Connolly regressed last season, Stork and Fleming are 4th round rookies. In addition, the collapse of Nate Solder's performance this season is baffling.

The offensive line is in shambles. UDFAs Devey and Kline are not the answers, Wendell and Connolly regressed last season, Stork and Fleming are 4th round rookies. In addition, the collapse of Nate Solder's performance this season is baffling.
As menti0ned, put Gronk on Solder's side and have him chip the DE/OLB on his way out, run the football with Ridley and use Develin as a lead blocker. Sometimes the fixes are so obvious they aren't obvious.

The OL is in development. Why not move away from the showtime Patriots and give them some help until they are up to speed? I'll wager linemen would prefer to run a football down the throat of the opponent first. To me, that puts them in control of the situation rather than being reactive. Less time to think and more time to do.

Coaching this season has been ****.

Rutgers.gif

I need to leave my 2 cents on the question.

If i have to name one area of fault, yes, it would have to be Bill Belichick. The GM AND the coach.

BB The GM has been mediocre for quite some time. Yes, drafting on the far end of the draft is problematic. But there's NO excuse for him to draft a gazillion WRs and not have ANY success in developing them(Jury still out on Dobson, but it's not looking good). If there is a scouting error, he is to blame for keeping the scouts and not changing the formula. If there is a developing error, it's his fault to keep whoever coaches the WRs AND not adressing via FA, since it's so clearly problematic for him.
It is also inexcusable for a GM not knowing where other teams ranks each desired player. I'm not saying he needs to know all 32 team's Big Boards, but BB needs to keep in mind that if he doesn't know anyone who wants, for example, Tavon Wilson in the second round, T. Wilson should not be taken on the second round. Trade down on simply let him slide for a more natural draft position.
I found awesome that we kept a team competitive for more than a decade. But one thing HAS to be clear. YOU CAN'T WASTE A SINGLE YEAR OF A HOF QB. Mind you, they don't come around very often, you know? If he is reaching his retirement years, we MUST realocate investments and capital for right now! I don't mind drafting a QB early if he is exceptional, but don't trade away players for picks!! Do the opposite. Stock ourselves with talent. Spend the whole cap.

BB the coach has been great. Until those last 2 years. I don't know what's happening, I really don't. Guesses like he's sabotaging Brady, he's been trying too hard, he's senile, he has lost the respect of the team. I don't know what's happening but he has been AWFUL, specially this year. His gameplans are ridiculous. I could've come up with something better. Zone coverage against Alex "Within 20 yards" Smith? When you have freaking Darelle Revis? Being underprepared to face a team with Jamaal Charles? I am not even going to enter the Dolphins second half and the Raiders' game because it's already late here and i have class tomorrow morning. If indeed Patricia and McDaniels are as dumb as they appear right now, they should be long gone from Foxborough

Alright, rant's over. I am off to bed. Hopefuly we have a better season. I don't mind losing games, it happens. But I cannot stand another humiliation. If we are going down, at least let's put some fight into it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots