PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick is the king on non-answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the alternative is to keep having press conferences that produce nothing and make the journalists into moronic puppets?

It's got to be a two-way street. If it's OK with the league and the Krafts that BB stonewalls at press conferences, that's all you're going to get.

There is no list of questions the media "has" to ask.

The media's job is to seek answers to questions that readers/viewers/listeners want to know. They would not be doing their job otherwise, so you're wrong about that.

There is the tradition of asking questions about the most recent game, individual performances, and injuries, but BB doesn't answer them. At some point, you'd think someone in the press pool would get tired of it all and try something out-of-the-box just to break the pattern and keep from dying of boredom.

You're putting it all on the media. They can only be so creative in coming up with questions that BB "might" answer in a way that would be relevant to the public. The final results rest with BB, and he ain't budging. He has become the ultimate master of saying nothing while talking.

You're putting it all on the media. They can only be so creative in coming up with questions that BB "might" answer in a way that would be relevant to the public. The final results rest with BB, and he ain't budging. He has become the ultimate master of saying nothing while talking.

It is what it is, they are what they are, you have to ask them, and I'm working with the players that are here...

Fill in the blanks with any of these as needed.

It's got to be a two-way street. If it's OK with the league and the Krafts that BB stonewalls at press conferences, that's all you're going to get.

The media's job is to seek answers to questions that readers/viewers/listeners want to know. They would not be doing their job otherwise, so you're wrong about that.

Shouldn't this have been written in the nothing thread? :p

BB has definitely read his share of Sun Tzu:

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."

Sound at all familiar?

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."

Sound at all familiar?

meh. It is what it is.

Sound at all familiar?

Sun Tzu FTW

Excellent, my man.

I ran a follow up to this post this week, and I took BB to task for the same thing I praised him for a week ago. Now that the season is over, it would be nice to get some analysis from Belichick regarding the Jet game and what happend. I have received some less than favorable responses on this one, and I am ok with that. Not everyone will agree with my POV, and that's fine. I rolled this out as a therapy session for the loss, and some of you may agree, some may not. If you're interested, here's the link:

The Voice of The Fan: FVP: Belichick's Non-Answers are Infuriating

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey