PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick is sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
It looked from the press conference that BB is nursing a bad cold or flu.... Could explain some of the coaching shortfall tonight.

- Onside kick fiasco.
- No running game and establishment of playaction.
- Waiting too long to call screens.
- Never making the adjustment to cut off the inside passing game of Feeley.

if you could, could you type up some of what he is saying? thanks

It looked from the press conference that BB is nursing a bad cold or flu.... Could explain some of the coaching shortfall tonight.

- Onside kick fiasco.

On All Access this week I noticed he sounded congested.

Is this the official excuse-for-a-close-game thread?

Thank you doctor - Now take two shut up pills and call me in the morning :rolleyes:

I thought last week it looked like he was coming down with something....he needs the grapefruit juice therapy...

I thought last week it looked like he was coming down with something....he needs the grapefruit juice therapy...

I hope they can keep the flu out of the dam locker room this year. It seems the last 2 or 3 years it's been flu rumors going into a play-off game and sure enough they come out flat. WASH YOUR DAM HANDS!

BB is on WEEI right now and he's coughing like chain smoker.

- Onside kick fiasco.

How does an onsides kick in the first half?

Nobody could have defended against it...

Luckily the Eagles didn't score but you can't blame BB for the on-sides.

Hell, my punka$$ friend used to do that in "Madden" all the time...It's not some thing you see in actual NFL football.

Hell, my punka$$ friend used to do that in "Madden" all the time...It's not some thing you see in actual NFL football.
Yeah that was really out of nowhere and a very gutsy call by Reid and it turned out to be a good one. Nobody could have anticipated that. And by the way the Eagles guy caught it before it went 10 yards.

Actually, Reid has been known to do it. Someone pointed it out on this board this week. And I think he did it last year against Dallas. Normally the Pats are prepared for stuff like that.

- Onside kick fiasco.

Onside kick fiasco? How is that BB's issue? No one expects an onside kick at that point. Also, 75% of unexpected onside kicks are successful. Again, this is not a coaching issue.

And by the way the Eagles guy caught it before it went 10 yards.

I saw that mentioned in the game topic, too. Let's kill this line of thought before people mindlessly repeat it as if it's true: if you Tivoed it you can go back and verify that the Eagles first touched the ball before the 45 yard line... but since it was kicked from the 30, the 45 yard line represented 15 yards not 10. The Eagles first touched the ball after it had gone 14 yards.

Actually, Reid has been known to do it. Someone pointed it out on this board this week. And I think he did it last year against Dallas. Normally the Pats are prepared for stuff like that.

He did it against us in '00 in on the opening kickoff in wk1-if anything, it set the tone for both of our seasons that year. Then he tried to do it in '03(Parcells' first year) on the opening kickoff at TX Stadium, but it backfired on him as one of the Cowboy players made a heads-up play and returned it for a TD. Somehow, Parcells KNEW Reid would do this.

A couple of weeks ago, Reid went for it on 4th and short on THEIR OWN 39 yard line against the Skins with PLENTY of time left-sure, they were down by double digits, but it was a stupid gamble that ended up saving their season(at least at the time).

The guy's extremely aggressive, and yes-he's run up the score a few times on us.

Sounds like he has a head cold but BB was VERY upbeat on the Real Post Game show which he called into at 1 o'clock in the morning.

BB was outcoached last night. The Eagles had a damned good game plan and our defense was always a step behind in pass rush and in coverage. They also did a nice job in pressuring Brady and sacked him 3 times.

The game plan reminded me very much of the Vikings game last year. The Pats opened up with no on in the backfield an had a fantastic offensive night on a Monday Night game. Maroney ran in the 2nd half, but the first half of that game was all pass.

The game plan did not work against the Eagles and it was fustrating that they did not get a RB in the backfield after Brady was getting rushed and hit. Exposing your offense as that transparent to the defense is always dangerous to your QB when the defense knows he is going to pass...pass...pass.. also, you take away any play action for a deep throw.

It was a rare event, but BB got outcoached.

I've been noticing that since the Dallas game.

Maybe he has allergies or somethin.

ok, maybe he was sick, but let's not make excuses (how was he supposed to stop the onside kick's success, flu or no flu?). makes us all look bad.

the eagles played very well. we didn't play that badly. asante saved our butts. let's give the eagles their due.

- Onside kick fiasco.

^^Takes the cake^^

Unbelieveable what some people will come up with:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill