PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick is licking his chops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
John Clayton actually brought up a good comment on Mike and Mike. He talked about how it was the Bills having a lot of players just walking around before the snap and a lot of disguised coverages and delayed blitzes that threw Romo off his game. Who are better at these things than the Patriots?

We know that if the Pats turnover the ball six times, they aren't going to get only 14 points out of it either.

Romo seems like a QB who can be thrown off-kilter and the Pats can usually take advantage of that. It is no guarantee, but I feel far, far better about this game on Sunday before last night.

Romo seems like a QB who can be thrown off-kilter and the Pats can usually take advantage of that. It is no guarantee, but I feel far, far better about this game on Sunday [than]] before last night.

A year under Parcells has to help Romo.
Still ... he's almost a rookie.
His major experience has been against whomever Eastern Illinois plays.

And he has never seen what Bill Belichick
concocts to initiate raw qbs.

Romo will not be the same player after Sunday. At least this season....

bank on it

i think it differs week to week. Our defense is better but doesnt mean its going to get 5 turnovers. Also we play a 3-4 defense which dallas might benefit from play it themselves. We need to contain their tight end and keep romo in the pocket.Our LB's are better than the bills but not faster.So they will play a lot more differently than how the bills gameplanned.
Wade phillips is going to come after brady to protect his secondary. We havent seen too many teams blitz us too much but i think this game wade phillips is going to bring it all out.

I am not sure guys.

I just posted in a different thread wondering if the Cowboys have got a major boost by managing to pull out a win in spite of all those offensive mistakes and will be motivated not to play so badly again.

Would have preferred that they either (a) blew out the Bills - which would have set them in an autopilot mode, or (b) lost - which would have motivated them to play better but have a major dent in their confidence.

I fear that the W last night gives them extra boost in terms of confidence and become more prepared to avoid a repeat performance.

I don't like it.

"licking his chops" ??? :confused::confused:

I am not sure guys.

I just posted in a different thread wondering if the Cowboys have got a major boost by managing to pull out a win in spite of all those offensive mistakes and will be motivated not to play so badly again.

Would have preferred that they either (a) blew out the Bills - which would have set them in an autopilot mode, or (b) lost - which would have motivated them to play better but have a major dent in their confidence.

I fear that the W last night gives them extra boost in terms of confidence and become more prepared to avoid a repeat performance.

I don't like it.

Not only that but I doubt Belichick will use every idea and trick he has
about the Cowboys in this game when there is a good possibility that
he will face this team in the playoffs.

Not only that but I doubt Belichick will use every idea and trick he has
about the Cowboys in this game when there is a good possibility that
he will face this team in the playoffs.
You mean the Super Bowl?

I am not sure guys.

I don't like it.

Nah, this game was an emotional rollercoaster for Dallas. They know they should have lost so their confidence is shot; they were kicked around by one of the worst teams in the NFL (a team the Pats slaughtered); their energy will be at a low due to the high emotions of the game and the short week. This plays to the Pats' favor I think.

I am not sure guys.

I don't like it.

Actually, I think history shows that a team that wins an emotional win on Monday night like that are more likely for a letdown the following week. The Cowboys ended up pouring a lot of emotion into this game and is now working on a short week. Those can work against them.

I don't think that win would boost their confidence any more than it is. In fact, it might have them doubting themselves more since they barely beat a team they were supposed to walk over and turned the ball over 6 times. If I was a Cowboy fan, I wouldn't feel more confident playing the Patriots knowing that the worst defense in the NFL turned the ball over on you six times.

I am not sure guys.

I don't like it.

Thankfully confidence does not win. Execution does.

I can just as easily argue that last night feeds their perception that they're unbeatable and they don't need to play a clean game to win (so why bother focusing on being perfect). A loss would have been the "kick in the nuts" necessary for them to be humble and prepare for NE.

And that would all be a crock anyway. Dallas is an inferior team which will not execute as well as NE. That will be why they lose on Sunday.

More significant, to me, than the picks--which were awful, but can be sort of fluky--was the fact that Dallas simply didn't appear to be a very impressive squad. Their running game appeared anemic, and this against a depleted Buffalo D. And on a slightly different note, I've never bought into Wade Phillips as a head coach. I think the Pats win pretty comfortably this week.

i think it differs week to week. Our defense is better but doesnt mean its going to get 5 turnovers. Also we play a 3-4 defense which dallas might benefit from play it themselves. We need to contain their tight end and keep romo in the pocket.Our LB's are better than the bills but not faster.So they will play a lot more differently than how the bills gameplanned.
Wade phillips is going to come after brady to protect his secondary. We havent seen too many teams blitz us too much but i think this game wade phillips is going to bring it all out.

I didn't mean the Pats are going to turn it over six times, but the Bills show that Romo can be confused. If we turn it over 2-3 times, we can be far more effective in the game than the Bills were. The Bills got 14 points on six turnovers and not a single offensive TD. We will be far more effective on offense to not allow the Cowboys to come back like they did vs. the Bills even if we cut the turnovers in half.

As for the 3-4 defense, we play a very different 3-4 defense than what the Cowboys do. We play a two gap more of a read and react defense. The Cowboys play an one gap, penetrating defense. Not all 3-4 defenses are a like and the only things we really have in common are that we both have three down linemen.

Last night was the first time this season the "undefeated" Dallas Cowboys played an AFC (read: "professional") team.

'Nuf ced.

John Clayton actually brought up a good comment on Mike and Mike. He talked about how it was the Bills having a lot of players just walking around before the snap and a lot of disguised coverages and delayed blitzes that threw Romo off his game. Who are better at these things than the Patriots?

We know that if the Pats turnover the ball six times, they aren't going to get only 14 points out of it either.

Romo seems like a QB who can be thrown off-kilter and the Pats can usually take advantage of that. It is no guarantee, but I feel far, far better about this game on Sunday before last night.
I am not sure that I buy that whole premise. Romo STILL had A LOT of time to throw. He didn't look hurried on many of his passes, he just basically threw them up for grabs. First INT was horribly overthrown. The last one was thrown into triple coverage, wtf?? Can't remember them all (there were so many), but were 1-2 tipped?

In any event, it is interesting that when we watch Manning or Brady on TV, course you see the QB delivery, then you see the end result. When those guys release, it's as if you KNOW they KNOW where the ball is going, who it's going to, and that they will catch it. With Romo last night, it was the complete opposite, never had confidence that once he released it, he knew where it was going.

As for the 3-4 defense, we play a very different 3-4 defense than what the Cowboys do. We play a two gap more of a read and react defense. The Cowboys play an one gap, penetrating defense. Not all 3-4 defenses are a like and the only things we really have in common are that we both have three down linemen.
i didnt know that. that was good information . i like the technical stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes