PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick is classless

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Bill Belichick runs up score against son in Madden

FOXBORO, MA — Patriots coach Bill Belichick made news late Sunday when he was accused of running up the score again, this time in a game of Madden ‘08 against his son.

Joey Belichick, who received an Xbox 360 last Christmas, has neglected to use the machine on a consistent basis. “I don’t really like video games,” he explained. “My dad makes me play them, but honestly I prefer chess.”

The epic matchup of father and son took place at the Belichick household, when Joey’s father threatened to withhold his son’s allowance if he refused to play the Patriots head coach in Madden.

To start the game, coach Belichick selected the Patriots, advising his son to be the Miami Dolphins, who “look really promising this year.” The senior Belichick jumped out to a quick lead utilizing the potent Tom Brady to Randy Moss. He was also aided by frequent peeks at his son’s play selection. When accused of stealing signals, the coach told his son, “I’m not looking at your plays Joey, I’m just a football God – deal with it.”

With a 63-point advantage at half time, Bill Belichick announced his intention to stick with the starters – “He goes, ‘I’m not going to put in my backups, Joey. If you want to lose by less, just stop me from scoring,’” Joey told SSNN. “When I said I wanted to quit, he actually snorted at me. Then he told me I couldn’t quit, but I could feel free to mount a comeback whenever I wanted to.”

The 112-9 slaughter finally ended – one minute into the fourth quarter – when Mrs. Belichick intervened on behalf of her son and took the Xbox away, stripping both Belichick boys of their video game privileges for the week.

http://www.serioussportsnewsnetwork...hick-runs-up-score-against-son-in-madden.html

Very cute. Gave me a good laugh.

Do you think when Matt Cassel plays Madden he trades away Brady in the pre-season and then builds the franchise around himself?

Not funny at all. Whoever wrote that has no talent.

Very funny - Good satire find unless you made that up yourself

Last edited:
Is This Post Serious?!

I can't believe Bill Belichick would treat his son like that, frankly I'm disgusted to be a Pats fan right now.

They're lazy, couldn't they at least use a real name for Belichick's son? Who the F is Joey? One of the Ramones?

This is the last straw, Bill Belichick should not be coach of the NE Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes