Welcome to PatsFans.com

Belichick Interview 8/1/2009

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by jmt57, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 0 / -1

2. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +636 / 7 / -9

#75 Jersey

Unusual for him to go out on a limb like this...

3. PushnPencils

PushnPencils Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 9 / -4

Yup..

At least he put Crable in the mix.....

He also mentioned that 3rd down and red zone defense was a huge problem last year. Most related to no pass rush.....somewhat related to a weak secondary. I think we fixed one problem.....but the other..?
  4. bbell31

bbell31 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 10 / -3

#11 Jersey

pushn, it cant b any worse than last years...lot of positives to look to for this upcoming rapefest by the pats
  5. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +636 / 7 / -9

#75 Jersey

Well, it seemed like he remembered all their names, that's encouraging. [Did he wince like I do before saying TBC?] Can't say he really answered the question.
  6. bbell31

bbell31 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 10 / -3

#11 Jersey

we are goin to be completely okay with our current olbs...we dont need peppers, burgess, or whomever
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  7. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +199 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

I liked coach's comments vis-a-vis "non committal answers". He's exactly right inthat so many times there are no straight yes/no responses to a question. No matter what he says the football wankers working for the rags will parse it to death looking for some hidden meaning, so why bother?

We are so blessed to have BB as coach of this franchise.
  8. bbell31

bbell31 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 10 / -3

#11 Jersey

haha yes we are, hes only the best coach in nfl history
  9. lurker1965

lurker1965 Rookie

Ratings:
    +98 / 6 / -7

No Jersey Selected

Was it just me, or did you read the Karen (Gurgarian? sp?) and wonder if she has actually been here before?

What did she expect him to say, "Yes, we are looking into Vick, and when he signs it'll be great to cut one of these losers. No we have not decided yet, but that O'Connel kid might be outa here if you know what I mean. Excuse me, Karen, but Vick's agent is on the phone and we mustn't keep him waiting."
  10. NEGoldenAge

NEGoldenAge Banned

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The exchange about Brady's comment on BB not "getting on us" was priceless. I wish I got to hear it instead of just reading it.

Another good one:

"Ryan: Sixty percent kind of situation. And that makes the nickelback more of a starter than someone.

Belichick: Yes. That's right. More than your first- and second-down run, middle linebackers, defensive tackles, that kind of thing. Yeah, absolutely. Well, you hope that you can play from ahead and you hope you can play in those sub situations. That usually means that you've got more points than the other team. And when you don't, then… [Laughter] You're just trying to get the ball back."

If members of the press give BB a good question, they will get a good answer.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  11. Rookie

Rookie Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Typical Bill....

Q: Are you interested in signing Michael Vick?

BB: We are coaching the players that we have on the field right now, so that's who's here. So anybody who isn't here, is there a potential that they could be here? Yea, there probably is, but right now they're not. We're coaching the 80 players that are here, so until we get somebody else we are coaching them. If we get somebody else in here, which I am sure at some point we will, then we'll coach them [with] the players that are here. Who that's all going to be, right now it's the 80 players that are here. That's all I can tell you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.