PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick: I just hope I can do a little better job [in 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Felger could have gone to any B.U.school except C.B.S.

The "peaked early" bit has a single explanation, in my opinion -- the league was slow to figure out how to defend a Brady/Moss offense.

No offense is really as good as the Pats' was early in the season.

Once the defenses were less brain-dead, the Pats were still better than other teams, but not by the same huge margin as before.

The only thing that BB needs to improve on is running the ball inside the red zone with less than 3 minutes to go in the game. Not running the ball in the red zone with under 3 minutes to go has cost us an AFCCG and a SB in the last 2 years.

I know that Evans was the only healthy back, but, seriously, you run Evans 3 times and take as much time off the clock and the Colts wouldn't be able to drive the length of the field.

You run Maroney once or even twice from 1st and goal at the 6 and the Pats win the SB this year.

The only thing that BB needs to improve on is running the ball inside the red zone with less than 3 minutes to go in the game. Not running the ball in the red zone with under 3 minutes to go has cost us an AFCCG and a SB in the last 2 years.

Perhaps running to the right also ... sometimes Belichicks intellect gets in his own way. He knows with Neal out we sucked on the right so he ran left all the time. One or two to the right may have been helpfull.

I bet if the Pats won that game we'd say what amazing plays they made to pull through. Give credit where it's due folks.

10-6, but super bowl champs!

I bet if the Pats won that game we'd say what amazing plays they made to pull through. Give credit where it's due folks.

On the note of giving credit where it is due, this team beat every team in the league with 10 or more wins, with the exception of Green Bay and Seattle, which weren't scheduled. IMO, this was the best performance against the toughest schedule in league history. I certainly identify with anyone who hasn't been able to watch a repeat of the last game, it was like getting kicked in the stomach, but the nattering nabobs of negativity throughout the land will never convince me that this wasn't the best team ever to play this game.

Felger is a crybaby. He's mad that he CAN'T get BB to sit down and talk to him.
Somewhere, Borges is grinning maniacally as he reads Felger's "work" and listens to Vrabel get so disgusted with Felger that he HANGS UP ON HIM after calling him out for being a **** basically during a contractually obligated radio spot and cackles, "IT'S ALIVE...IT'S ALIIIIIIIIVEEEEE...MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!1!!11!"

Bill Belichick kind of reminds me of Tom Landry (who suffered a lot of devastating play-off losses before winning two SB). Both show little emotion on the sideline. And they are completely professional in there approach.

This SB XLII loss obviously hurt Bill greatly. I guess looking through the schedule, every game outside the division was very tough. I still think DEVINE INTERVENTION beat us in the end.

I HATED Landry. Of course I was young, but I didn't like the guy although I respected him as a coach. It's because of the winning back then. The shoe is now on the other foot. I'm not going to get upset with all the hating. I'm just going to enjoy this ride for a long time. Hopefully, BB will be our coach longer than Landry was in Dallas.

BB and his players need to do more than 'little' if they want to achieve 19-0.

Except that the Pats DIDN'T win the 2006 AFCCG or SB42. They lost both in the waning seconds of the game because they mismanaged the clock. In both cases the team could have run more time off the clock or forced the opposing team to use their time outs. In either case, the opposing team would have been much more desperate upon getting the ball back and even less likely to pull off the win.

Also, Please show me where people aren't giving credit to Belichick for pulling off an undefeated regular season and winning 18 straight.

I don't agree with the idea/strategy that BB should have run more time off the clock on the Pats 2nd to last drive. We struggled to get anything going in that game, so you take points any way you can. I don't like focusing on running the ball or wasting time, just so the other team won't get any time to come back. First you have to get a lead before you start worrying about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back