PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick holds himself to the same standard as his players

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to start from the top if you want it to work on the bottom level

Belichick Holds Himself to Same Standard as Players - New England Patriots - NESN.com

Always been that way. Lots of HC's throw players under or at least in the direction of the nearest bus at the first sign of trouble. He never does. Nor does he coddle and stroke 'em. He does the same when handling his own football "business". He's not the highest paid HC on the planet and you never know when his deal is signed, pending or expiring...'cause he doesn't waste time blathering about it.

He ALWAYS, whenever they lose or don't play well, says that they were out coached, or they need to coach better. I love that about him.

Last edited by a moderator:
He ALWAYS, whenever they lose or don't play well, says that they were out coached, or they need to coach better. I love that about him.

me too - -an honest approach about yourself is very difficult for everyone!

And it permutes throughout for example see thread in which Brady blames himself for the hit and abolves Nick.

You never hear Brady talk about dropped passes, they were always poorly thrown. On the other hand Welker and Moss never say the pass was poorly thrown they say that they should of make the catch and didn't.

Most great athletes are like this. They aspire to perfection, to make all the right moves. And the first thing that occurs to them when things go south is their own mistakes. It may stem from an appreciation of looking at the world in terms of what you can and cannot control. The attitude does seem to be infectious on this team; I think it is one of the characteristics of being a "Patriot."

BB treats men like men. That is probably why they like playing for him (that and the fact they are scared to say they don't like playing for him, if that were the case).

Rah Rah weirdos like the college coaches will never top BB in his craft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back