Belichick has a chance to be the best coach ever...or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I think this is a defining moment of his career in this season for BB

Some naysayers last year said BB was as good a HC as there ever was because he cheated for years and had decisive edge over his opponents

Now this year the naysayers are saying BB was as good a HC as there ever was because of Brady and now he has a big challenge to prove them wrong

While BB's coaching record without Brady is staggering mediocre at 41-56
I don't think its fair since you cannot say Brady would have been as good as he is without Belichick

To me Belichick and Brady is like Peanut Butter and Jelly - You had to have both to make a great sandwich

Is BB going to prove that besides being known as one of the best defensive minded coordinators of all time that he can be a pretty good offensive genius as well or is it he owes his success to having teamed up with Brady to form the Dynamic Duo of offense in the NFL?

It will be very exciting to see which way this ends up,I sure hope he gets that pre-Brady record in wins to over 50 and keep those losses in less than the middle 60s

Lets hope the Peanut Butter now mixes with the alternate chocolate to make a great reeses candy bar because BB no longer has any jelly in his cupboard for those sandwiches this year,Time to go with the chocolate and make some great tasting candy in 2008.

I can care less about what the ignorant masses opinion of our head coach is. The only opinions that matter are those of our fans and the Hall of Fame committee to whom will select him first ballot.

Some naysayers last year said BB was as good a HC as there ever was because he cheated for years and had decisive edge over his opponents

Now this year the naysayers are saying BB was as good a HC as there ever was because of Brady and now he has a big challenge to prove them wrong

I don't think its fair since you cannot say Brady would have been as good as he is without Belichick

To me Belichick and Brady is like Peanut Butter and Jelly - You had to have both to make a great sandwich

Is BB going to prove that besides being known as one of the best defensive minded coordinators of all time that he can be a pretty good offensive genius as well or is it he owes his success to having teamed up with Brady to form the Dynamic Duo of offense in the NFL?

It will be very exciting to see which way this ends up,I sure hope he gets that pre-Brady record in wins to over 50 and keep those losses in less than the middle 60s

Lets hope the Peanut Butter now mixes with the alternate chocolate to make a great reeses candy bar because BB no longer has any jelly in his cupboard for those sandwiches this year,Time to go with the chocolate and make some great tasting candy in 2008.
Whatever happens this year, those who hate BB will rationalize it and spin it in a way which supports their position. And the opposite will be true, as well. If we win the SB, it will not sway those who hate him one bit. People are either pro-BB or anti-BB. At this point, there is no middle ground.

That record is so deceptive because most new coaches inherit crappy teams which they have to re-build from scratch.

Belichick built a foundation for the Browns before ownership screwed him, and his work for the Patriots speaks for itself. In fact, I would argue Belichick would still be a superbowl winner even if Tom Brady never existed.

That last paragraph may be the most disturbing paragraph i have ever read on a sports messageboard. But it was DELICIOUS!!!!!!! :) :eek::)

Last edited:
I can say that I'm rooting more than ever for our beloved Pats and my favorite coach of all time. My guess is that we'll surprise most and win the Eastern Division. I can't say what will happen after that because I don't know enough about Cassel. He has to be at least an average NFL QB for the Pats to further than the 1st playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes