PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick golf partner at Pebble Beach was Nick Saban

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're close friends and have been for a long time.

This. We drafted Ridley solely on Saban's recommendation, according to "inside" info.

Saban = Patriots next head coach.

Nick Saban is gonna be 61 years old this year. By the time Belichick retires Saban will be in his mid-late 60's. No chance he will ever coach in the NFL again.

Nick Saban is gonna be 61 years old this year. By the time Belichick retires Saban will be in his mid-late 60's. No chance he will ever coach in the NFL again.

It was more of a tongue in cheek comment, I don't actually expect him to be the next head coach. I did not know saban is 61 however, he ages very well....

I hear the Jets might try to get Barron at 16. Anyway....

I'm sure Coach Bill is bending Saban's ear about RB Trent Richardson, CB Dre Kirkpatrick, and SS Mark Barron. Just sayin'...

Didn't mean to hijack thread. Big 10 isn't nearly as good as the SEC. But, having Urban Meyer and Bill O'Brien coaching in that league should help.

The same Urban Meyer who gave us inside scoop to trade up for Chad Jackson ! Whoooooo !

The same Urban Meyer who gave us inside scoop to trade up for Chad Jackson ! Whoooooo !

and Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Spikes, and Jermaine Cunningham

batting about 0.500

Jury's still out on Cunningham. Hopefully he can step in contribute right away or he might be Shawn Crable 2.0.

Nah he's done. when you start becomming inactive for games and it WASNT injury related thats a bad sign.

BB at Pebble Beach..

Some good footage of our coach, doing pretty well made the cut and will appear all four days. He is paired with Ricky Barnes and Nick Saban is also in the foursome..

Nice interview today with Jim Nantz.. he is representing this team well, Pebble Beach Hoodie and all.

bos_a_belichick_golf_b1_200.jpg

He simply doesn't care.

Belichik may get to the Stadium at 4:00 am and leave at midnight but he doesn't realize that there are Patriot fans who are already up and posting when he gets there and still up and posting when he slacking off at home or on the course.

It's no wonder they lose so much.

It just doenst mean as much to him as it does to the fans. How many of you guys are done mourning the SB loss and ready to have fun golfing?:rolleyes:

It just doenst mean as much to him as it does to the fans. How many of you guys are done mourning the SB loss and ready to have fun golfing?:rolleyes:

It was 18 degrees this morning but the golf course nearby was green and ready for the guys to put the pins in the holes and the markers on the tee boxes. If the weather stays mild, I'm looking forward to shanking some balls into the woods in March.

I never really "mourned" this one. It was a great couple of weeks leading up to the game and the game itself was terrific right up until the final play. Too bad the Patriots lost but I had them at 11-5 on the season and thought they'd get beat by the Ravens in the AFC Championship, so the Super Bowl was icing on the cake in my opinion. Not at all like 2007.

Last edited:
It was 18 degrees this morning but the golf course nearby was green and ready for the guys to put the pins in the holes and the markers on the tee boxes. If the weather stays mild, I'm looking forward to shanking some balls into the woods in March.

I never really "mourned" this one. It was a great couple of weeks leading up to the game and the game itself was terrific right up until the final play. Too bad the Patriots lost but I had them at 11-5 on the season and thought they'd get beat by the Ravens in the AFC Championship, so the Super Bowl was icing on the cake in my opinion. Not at all like 2007.

There are golf courses in RI that never closed this winter.. and they are doing pretty good.

Exceptionally mild winter so far here near the Cape Cod Canal. Looks like it will be in the 40's during the week....winter golf time for the old duffers ;)

BB is playing with Ricky Barnes, son of former Patriots punter Bruce Barnes.

Ricky has made 2 birdies on the back nine so he and BB are now in position to win this being only 2 strokes in back, at the the time of this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
BB did us proud, what is remarkable is that he has not had time to play golf..

Tying for 7th, is very good..

Not me, I slit my wrists when the hail Mary fell short and I am still bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back