PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick Funny Regarding Chad Jackson's Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming Chad is healthy - and I'm assuming he is - the team NEEDS him to get involved - but Sunday's screen pass happy day (in part to supplement the run in Maroney's absence) meant that it wasn't in the cards for Jackson to see a lot of passes come their way.

Then, once they'd run up the score, tossing some long bombs might not have gone over all that well - could have been viewed as rubbing the Texans nose in a tough loss

But still, Chad needs the reps - and I'd think that even having Cassell throw some deep balls his way wouldn't be viewed as anything more than giving guys some reps... so I think they should have used the opportunity to send some more balls Chad's way.

So I don't think he was being punished by being on the field and not having the ball go to him - I just think the long ball wasn't in the game plan at all.

Here's hoping he'll do something when given the chance.

I agree. He's shown the ability to stretch the field and beat his man deep, but he hasn't shown the ability to catch the football. If he can show that, it'll ease the pressure on Watson and Caldwell, and soften up the middle of the field.

Good post...right on target.

Disparged and vilified with no reason IMO. There were many in the NFL that felt that despite his huge potential, Chad was not ready for the NFL...thus he slipped to the 2nd round.

There were more than a few Patriots fans who were well aware that Jackson needed some work to be ready to play in the NFL. We had seen this with Graham and Watson to name a few. So, why did we think a 2nd round pick would play right away??? Belichick never, ever gave this impression to us.

Add to that the absolute solid system of earning your play on this team...no player hits the field based on potential...we have not seen this form Belichick since he came here and I doubt we ever will. The only players who have bypassed this system are players like Koppen who were pressed to play due to injury.

Myself...I have no problem Chad has not played much this year...in fact, if i didn't see him until next year I would be fine with that. Players in this system always come back more physically fit both mentally and physically the 2nd year...of course they still have to earn their play and some have not even though they look the part that much better like Bethel did.

If it were uip to me I would ban negative talk about draft picks for at least 1 year....but it's not up to me and so we read all these "Bust" threads...too bad really ... especially considering none of us could ever even hope to be drafted or even know all the sacrifice it takes to play the game. Lots of sacrifice to have 3 or 4 balls thrown your way each week...sometimes only 1 or 2.

Sorry but I have to throw my red flag on this. This is pure BS. We traded up to get Jackson and BB was the one that said we got 2 first round players.

Jackson has not lived up to expectations.

I agree. He's shown the ability to stretch the field and beat his man deep, but he hasn't shown the ability to catch the football. If he can show that, it'll ease the pressure on Watson and Caldwell, and soften up the middle of the field.

Reminds me of young Bethel Johnson.
Could stretch the field and beat his man deep.
Could run under the pass.
Made some great outstretched diving catches.
Didn't even drop the bomb when open.

Oh, he's gone. Wonder why?

You are engaging in wishful thinking. You so wish this player to fail that any evidence from the coach to the contrary you dismiss as a lie. There was no reason for BB to cite Corey Dillon's ability to prove the critics wrong, and statement that Jackson would do the same. He could have left it at, "he's progressing, etc.". Your bias against this rookie has so colored your thinking you can't distinguish noon from midnight.

i dont have a bias against any rookie .. dont know why i wish he would fail ? you are really ignorant to think that way...please think before you accuse someone ..its you guys are biased for one rookie being an awesome performer again and again and again..you guys say he is injured needs time then keep saying he should be thrown more balls and BB says this that...iam stating..bb keeps saying the same things about all his players i.e progressing...
no need for a flamefest...just post your argument.

Reminds me of young Bethel Johnson.
Could stretch the field and beat his man deep.
Could run under the pass.
Made some great outstretched diving catches.
Didn't even drop the bomb when open.

Oh, he's gone. Wonder why?

Because, after 3 years, not 10 games, it was decided to move on. However, I find it interesting that people continually overlook NFL truisms in the quest to look smarter than everyone else, including the coaching and scouting staffs. One of those truisms is that players who miss their rookie training camp are usually destined to have a relatively poor first season. While I don't pretend to know if this kid will make it in the league, I do know that the Patriot front office has earned the benefit of the doubt.

I stillbelieve, and I will say it again...I dont think the problem is with the wide receivers, as I think we have a pretty good group. I believe the problem, still, is with the routes they are being given to run....and the fact that, for whatever reason, the plays do not have much play action in them which would give the QB, and the receivers, just that extra second to make it work.

Nem's act is so tired. 17,000 posts ranting the same O.C. nonsense. Insufferable.
Someone on this thread mentioned the term "hijacking this thread." Frankly, Nem has hijacked the entire PatsFans messageboard with his same stale garbage. For the 24 hour period from Sunday to Monday, he posted 57 messages reiterating his rant. I cringe every time I come across his posts, but I must confess I do read them. I guess you would call it rubbernecking as you pass by an accident. Unfortunately, we may be witnessing a psychological disaster in the making.
His situation reminds me of a situation I witnessed on a daily basis when I lived in NYC. Every day on my way to work, I passed by this homeless guy who was such a complete mess descriptions cannot convey his state of being. If there was ever a guy that needed help it was this sorry individual. Unfortunately, this poor guy suffered from Tourette syndrome as well and he would violently rant the same slurs repeatedly. Pedestrians would cross the street to avoid contact at all costs. Well one day the guy snapped and attacked a little girl who was passing by. My point is this. The guy clearly needed helped but scared off those who did offer a hand. In Nem's case, the Patriots have become his reason for being, and this messageboard acts as his enabler. My advice is, take a mental break, turn off the computer, and find another hobby. Treat the Pats as an interest but not an obsession. I've been you reading this board for years, and it is clear you have a fixation that you are unable to let go of.

I am firmly with Pony on this one. BB has gone out of his way to compare Jackson to Dillon and Warren - high praise if you ask me - when a simple "Chad is getting better every week" would be sufficient if he just wanted to play nice.

I find it saddening that people feel such a need to be the first to jump upon the "this guy SUCKS!" train that they board it long before it is warranted. Do you want to give Marquise Hill crap? By all means do so. He's a recent 2nd round pick himself you know; one that bust looks like a far more appropriate term for.

Do you want to give Marquise Hill crap? By all means do so. He's a recent 2nd round pick himself you know; one that bust looks like a far more appropriate term for.

Been there, done that with the other 2nd round perpetually inactive bust.

Been there, done that with the other 2nd round perpetually inactive bust.

Thank you for proving my point from here:

I find it saddening that people feel such a need to be the first to jump upon the "this guy SUCKS!" train that they board it long before it is warranted.

You are basically saying, "I don't feel the need to criticize someone who obviously sucks because I would rather bash someone in the hopes that I am eventually proven right and then I can look really smart!"

How is this any different from all the Globe writers and their tiresome act of constantly saying the end is near? They'll eventually be proven correct, but did that make their stance any more educated?

i dont have a bias against any rookie .. dont know why i wish he would fail ? you are really ignorant to think that way...please think before you accuse someone ..its you guys are biased for one rookie being an awesome performer again and again and again..you guys say he is injured needs time then keep saying he should be thrown more balls and BB says this that...iam stating..bb keeps saying the same things about all his players i.e progressing...
no need for a flamefest...just post your argument.

SVN,
I sincerely apologize. These persistent anti-Jackson threads are driving me nuts, and i should know better. I was so "pissed" by the negative tone on this board after the 40-7 win that I strayed over to Patriots' Planet, and found there an almost identically titled thread, in the same mean-spirited tone, as the one started by "Wicked Pissah" against Jackson here. If the two thread starters are not the same person, they are evil twins. It doesn't seem in the spirit of these boards to attempt to turn the fanbase against a rookie player who has never committed a crime, who has been supported publicly by his coach, who left college as a junior, and who plays a position which is notoriously difficult to master as a rookie. If I mistakenly lumped you in with his "ilk", I am sorry.

I guess I was unclear in my response re: M. Hill.
I have criticized Hill here repeatedly.
I did not wish to do so yet again, imitating the repetitive behaviour of a very prolific poster here.

So, tell us why you have the bug up your ***** about critiques of Jackson?

I strayed over to Patriots' Planet, and found there an almost identically titled thread, in the same mean-spirited tone, as the one started by "Wicked Pissah" against Jackson here. If the two thread starters are not the same person, they are evil twins. It seems curious that a "fan" of this team would feel the need to post the exact same diatribe on multiple web sites. It smacks of an orchestrated campaign by certain fan/fans against a young player for whom BB has vouched publicly on several occasions. It is not in the spirit of these boards, or of true Patriots fans, to attempt to turn the fanbase against a rookie player who has never committed a crime, who has been supported publicly by his coach, who left college as a junior, and who plays a position which is notoriously difficult to master as a rookie. Once again, if I mistakenly lumped you in with his "ilk", I am sorry.

Evil twins.
I've never read Patriot Planet.

You really have trouble handling criticism, don't you?

I am firmly with Pony on this one. BB has gone out of his way to compare Jackson to Dillon and Warren - high praise if you ask me - when a simple "Chad is getting better every week" would be sufficient if he just wanted to play nice.

I find it saddening that people feel such a need to be the first to jump upon the "this guy SUCKS!" train that they board it long before it is warranted. Do you want to give Marquise Hill crap? By all means do so. He's a recent 2nd round pick himself you know; one that bust looks like a far more appropriate term for.

Hill is a bust....is there more to say....

Evil twins.

Why don't you go back to talking about who Tom Brady should date? It's more up your alley. Stay away from football, you just embarrass yourself.

Why don't you go back to talking about who Tom Brady should date? It's more up your alley. Stay away from football, you just embarrass yourself.

Sorry to destroy the moonbat conspiracy theory you posted.

Perhaps you should stick to the personal attacks rather than attempting football discussion.

Evil twins.

Well, your criticism about Jackson is that of someone completely ignorant of the game, rather than what should be expected of someone with over 3,000 posts on a fans' blogsite, so that may have something to do with it. One would expect a 3,000+ post veteran to know the reality of 1st year receivers, and of rookies who miss their first training camp. Then, adding those two factors together, one would expect that 3,000+ post veteran to grasp just how far behind that player would be, particularly when they also end up injured again during the season. So, perhaps it's not just criticism in general that is the problem for Pony Express, but rather, it may be that uninformed, unfair or deliberately malicious criticism is what he opposes.

Just a thought....

;)

Number of posts is not indicative of football knowlege, just interest.

Number of posts is not indicative of football knowlege, just interest.

As your posts about Jackson seem to be proving. Perhaps some research would be helpful for you, in the future?

Your whining about "personal attacks" comes off as pathetic after the way you have gone after Jackson. Maybe next time you'll be less eager to assassinate the character of someone else.

I'd say not.
Let me clarify something for you.
I have criticized CJ's non-performance, 'lack of contribution to this team', not his character.
You however have posted in rebuttal numerous personal attacks against the poster for posting an opinion that you somehow can not tolerate. That behaviour on your part is supposed to be a no-no here. Me, I don't care. It's just a football forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots