PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick fined $500k, Patriots $250k, 2008 1st rounder lost (if playoffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How will this look?

(1) No more talking by the Pats to the media
(2) One game at a time for the perfect season
(3) Utter domination in every game
(4) Win the SB and refuse to join the celebration

:rolleyes:

It's the penalty the rules dictated the patriots receive. I think my only problem with it is the fact that players are treated so differently than organizations. Rodney Harrison will probably lose more money for his 4 game suspension than both fines Bill and the team received.

Last edited:
You think BB will tell Goodell to go f--- himself if the Pats win the SB, like he did to Tom Jackson?

Superbowl is the only response. Run up the score on every team they face.

You think BB will tell Goodell to go f--- himself if the Pats win the SB, like he did to Tom Jackson?

BB respects the league, and the league in which he is a part. Jackson is just a moron talking head

The best case scenario is that this is what fires up all the players, and fires up the coaches.

In the first 2 superbowls, we had the 'no one believes in us' thing. Now we've got that again.

I'd love to see bellicheck start running up the score on teams to prove that the pats are superior because of superior coaching & players, and not because of a camera person. Forget about boring, run out the clock 3rd & 4th quarters. I want to see more 50 yard td passes...
No mercy, 19-0...

On the punishment, I agree a first round hurts. If it was 2nd and 3rd I wouldnt have cared since most 2nd/3rd rounders dont make this team anyways.

What the hell is everyone so worked up about?

The punishment indicates that the commissioner determined the Pats did not cheat.

You can all hold your heads high and go on knowing that "cheating" is not one of the things Bill Belichik is guilty of. Congratulations!!!

"Cheating" by trying to steal another teams calls/signals isn'y even against the rules of the NFL.

Re: Final Ruling!!

A first round pick for violation of a procedural rule. How utterly ridiculous. Videotaping defensive signals interferes with "fair competition" and is worthy of the loss of a first round pick but using tape of offensive signals/audibles to actually AFFECT THE GAME ON THE FIELD is allowed. No hypocrisy here whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Having said that, Belichick really screwed up this one. He's not Dungy or Polian and he should have known he wouldn't have gotten away with this. Very, very stupid on his part.

Re: Final Ruling !!

Well,
Looks like we trade a #1 for a Lombardi. I can handle that......

Thats interesting because last year the Pats traded the Lombardi for a #1 from Seattle.

Well,
Looks like we trade a #1 for a Lombardi. I can handle that......

Thats interesting because last year the Pats traded the Lombardi to Indy for a #1 from Seattle.

Thats interesting because last year the Pats traded the Lombardi to Indy for a #1 from Seattle.

Heh, Branch is not really a very good receiver. Do you think he is worth 6 million a year? He was just the best we had at the time. I would take that 1st round pick again in a heartbeat. How many catches did Branch have last week? Oh that's right, zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes