PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick Era (so far) - Who was the best player to have played just 1 season here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Belichick Era (so far) - Who was the best player to have played just 1 season he

Ocho Cinco was the worst.

He was making a lot of money, and was supposed to be the #2 or #3 Receiver at worst.

He was almost invisible last year. At times I forgot he was even on the team.

I kinda liked Carter/Waters the most for what they brought last year. I would like it even more if they were both on the 53 this season. If we have both of those guys playing I think we are 3-0 right now in spite of the vicious raping we got from those dirty fake zebra bastards.

I think this team is soooo much stronger right now if we had Waters on the line to make Brady A LOT more comfortable. The right side of the line is the weak spot and he would be a tremendous improvement. Unfortunatly it appears to have been out of their hands to get him back. Damn geography.

Now with Carter it appears that it was in their hands. He waited and waited and waited for that phone call but it never came. Of course he is eventually going to sign with someone else. Im guessing the Pats didnt trust his health.
I like Andre and wish him the best and hope he succeeds. With that said, there is def a part of me that is going to be resentful and a lil pissed if he goes out and puts up sick numbers again. Imagine having him lining up opppsite C. Jones? He would also be another great mentor/role model to these rookies. The more i think about it the more i wish they said F it and took a chance on the old man.

Plus i like seeing Him and Vince playing together. One with a giant gut and one looks like a bodybuilder....both are down right deadly hehe.

-Sent from the device that is held in my hand-

I'll go with Washington as well. Waters 2nd.

For a less noticable player that I really liked : Alge Crumpler. I believe he had an immense impact on Gronk and AH in their rookie season. Plus he played everywhere, ST, offense, blocking all over.

OOH! Great answer. I too loved that triple headed tight end monster! And you are right. I think his influence on the youngsters was just as valuable as his consistent blocking and occasional catch.

-Sent from the device that is held in my hand-

Re: Belichick Era (so far) - Who was the best player to have played just 1 season he

washington /thread

I do.....I'd put waters ahead of washington.

partly because as good as washington was, he was out for 6 weeks, and over those 6 weeks, the defense did not skip a beat.

partly because of how much the OL misses waters because he's gone
Good point, I had forgot about that. And Carter definitely deserves a mention as well. Healthy Carter/Jones bookend DEs would have been terrific.

It's hard not to put Washington atop the list.

Ocho Cinco was the worst.

He was making a lot of money, and was supposed to be the #2 or #3 Receiver at worst.

He was almost invisible last year. At times I forgot he was even on the team.

He wasn't even the worst 1 year WR of the last 12 years let alone overall player.

Joey Galloway
Doug Gabriel
Donald Hayes

Those are just the guys off the top of my head.

who played just 1 season here.

Matt Cassel. He played here only one season. And he certainly made the most of that one season.

Good point, I had forgot about that. And Carter definitely deserves a mention as well. Healthy Carter/Jones bookend DEs would have been terrific.

Carter next to Seymour will be a very interesting duo for the Raiders.

If Carter has anything left I would hate to be an OL getting geared to stop these 2 on a full out pass rush

Adrian Beltre...oops...

Big Mike Cloud fan here.

Corey Dillon. ...what, he was here longer? I thought that had to be someone pretending to be him, because the guy I saw in 05 and 06 was nowhere near the beast I saw in 04.

Does David Terrell count as a bad one year guy? He was awful. Duane Starks was very bad. And we might as well mark Kellen Winslow down, he was a bust waiting to happen.

another candidate for worst pickup -- monty beisel

Corey Dillon. ...what, he was here longer? I thought that had to be someone pretending to be him, because the guy I saw in 05 and 06 was nowhere near the beast I saw in 04.

Does David Terrell count as a bad one year guy? He was awful. Duane Starks was very bad. And we might as well mark Kellen Winslow down, he was a bust waiting to happen.

I'd say Winslow doesn't count. He played only one game. If you're looking for the guy that was the worst on a 1 year stay with the team, then that guy had to be bad for a whole year, not just one game! :p

Ted Washington, and I don't think it's even close. Brian Waters is the only other player who even warrants consideration IMO.

Last edited:

.....its Starks and its not close

Hell yes. Lots of guys didn't live up to the hype, but for the most part they were just invisible, or popped in and made a few bad plays every once in a while. Starks was a trainwreck. A continuous string of colossal eff ups.

Chad Brown came in here with semi-high expectations and got yanked out of the lineup pretty quick after Ed Hocchuli's famous head-scratching explanation, "There was no foul on the play, the defender was just overpowered.":rocker:

overpowered - YouTube

You guys are forgetting,,,,,,,ADAM SEWARD!!

Well, he wouldve been the best, if Bill had listened to us, and signed him :mad: ;)

I love the Cox choice he turned us into a dynasty with one hit right?

I love the Washington choice too he was a beast in middle couldn't run over him took to long to go around him. Also shout out to Keith Traylor who bridged the gap between big Ted and big Vince during Vince's rookie year.

But I am gonna go with Bruce Armstrong on a technicality. Long time all pro LT for us played his last season in BBs first as HC.:D

Last edited:

Don't ever over look what Alge Crumpler brought to this team two years ago. He showed Gronk and Hern the ropes, provided pro-bowl level blocking and was a leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes