PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick during SB week: lighthearted, having fun with the media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Belichick during SB week

One theory is hes trying to keep the team loose because last time they were a little tense, course there was that whole 19-0 thing hanging over their heads. I think its because he knows this team is primed to kick the gints ass all over Lucas Oil.

This is an entirely different team only 7 guys from 2007.

This team is have a very good prep this past week and today. They practiced in PADS today. If it wasn't a very good practice he would be joking with reporters.

Maybe he feels he is putting extra pressure on the team by always being cast as the villain. Perhaps he feels that it's time for these guys to just play on a level playing field where they aren't as reviled by every fan and media member out there.

And also, yes, it certainly seems like he knows something big is about to happen. The whole organization seems to have huge grins on their faces. Something is up.

BTW I love that the Giants players are all over NFLN and ESPN......hope to not see any Pats players yapping except tomorrow during the media cattle call and after the game holding the Lombardi.

I'm basing this on nothing, but I think that a talkative BB has usually meant that the team is preparing/practicing well. I believe I remember Reiss saying something similar on twitter before the Broncos game as he was pretty talkative that week also.

What's that hall sign say again? Oh, right :D

slide-sun-tzu-battle-won-before-fought-001.png

I always thought he was typically more jovial during the Superbowl, but perhaps I'm misremembering. Since I've blocked everything about That Game from my heart, mind and soul, anyone else remember what he was like four years ago?

There was alot of extraneous crap going on back then, I believe, so he was probably not in as great a mood as he is now.

I also think that he is trying to enjoy this....he knows this is something you need to enjoy as it doesn't come around every year.

john tomase didnt help that week either...Iam just worried the media is going to spring something this week as well late..:(

I think hes looked at film and found a way to crumble the Giants offense - remember before SB36, he and Ernie Adams found the key to the Greatest Show On Turf was Marshall Faulk? If you hit slowed, disrupted Faulk's timing, it unraveled the whole Rams offense. They have probably found similar chinks in the Giants armor... the Giants O is predicated on their running game and we are good against the run....plus he knows that if he had the defensive front (take out Hanyesworth) he has now, plus Chung, Spikes, etc stayed healthy in the regular season game, we would have beaten the Giants.

BB has the look of the cat that swallowed the canary this week - he has found something.....I smell a physical ass kicking coming Sunday and a Pats win....plus Wilfork is playing out of his mind right now...add in the MHK sentiment on this team and it's not hard to see.

Why are the Giants doing so much trash talking? Seems like a role reversal from 2007 I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

This team is have a very good prep this past week and today. They practiced in PADS today. If it wasn't a very good practice he would be joking with reporters.

Do you mean "wouldn't be joking"? :confused:

Remember this from the week before SB 42?

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet» Blog Archive » Pats had a lousy practice

I'm not expecting anything like that this week. They are focused like a laser beam, not complacent or over-confident.

Looking back at the threads from that week we never saw the Giants coming.

I think hes looked at film and found a way to crumble the Giants offense - remember before SB36, he and Ernie Adams found the key to the Greatest SHow On Turf was Marshall Faulk? If you hit slowed, disrupted Faulks timing, it unraveled the whole Rams offense. They have probably found similar chinks in the Giants armor... the Giants O is predicated on their running game nad we are good against the run....plus he knows that if he had the defensive front (take out Hanyesworth) he has now, plus Chung Spikes etc stayed healthy in the regular season game, we would have beaten the Giants

BB has the look of the cat that swallowed the canary this week - hes found something.....I smell a physical ass kicking coming Sunday and a Pats win....plus Wilfork is playing out of his mind right now...add in the MHK sentiment on this team and its not hard to see.

Why are the Giants doing so much trash talking? Seems like a role reversal from 2007 I guess.

Maybe he's got a plan for that "NASCAR" package. I mean if stuff like that was the answer, why do teams bother having defensive tackles? It reminds me a little of the success Miami had initially with the Wildcat or Denver this year with the "option". Eventually people figure out how to counter the new gimmick/tactic.

Bill has plenty of tape to look at on that package and a hurry-up offense that can keep them on the field.

Remember this from the week before SB 42?

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet» Blog Archive » Pats had a lousy practice

I'm not expecting anything like that this week. They are focused like a laser beam, not complacent or over-confident.

Looking back at the threads from that week we never saw the Giants coming.

There was such a bad omen around that game I swear..The Pats were def the "better team," but going into the game it just didn't feel like they would win and the Giants were playing with houses money. I don't get the same sense this year. It just feels like their time again to be back on top.

A very candid sitdown with Tom from D&C this morning:

Patriots Today - Brady on WEEI

It feels like the curtains have been lifted from the team this week, honestly. I know that on D&C everyone usually talks a little more, but the demeanor from all the interviews this week is just different. Lighter? I don't know. Everyone just seems like they are at ease with the game coming up, it makes me feel a lot more confident.

Last edited:

I hate to try to use my imagination to read some guy's mind who I've never even met, but I'd imagine with guys like brady and belichick these last few years have been pretty frustrating, and as strange as it may seem to say it, they might actually be happy to have a shot at it this year.

Brian Waters' interview is pretty long, and a great one to make you feel good about the organization. The press took the opportunity to get a veteran's "take" on coming in new to the Patriots.

Brian-Waters-Press-Conference

Could it be pharmaceuticals?

Just a guess and it might be a stretch but I think BB realizes that his team goes as far as Brady will take them. Maybe he's seen how Tom has a tendency to be too intense and ends up being a bit tight for these big games. By taking a more relaxed approach to this week than he normally would he might be trying to get Tom to lighten up and not feel like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. Watching Brady during media day today it's seems to be working.

That's good to see. I they go into this with a positive attitude they will do very well.

Yeah because he was pretty expansive on Vollmer for both 1 and 2. He shared waaayyy more than usual there.

When I saw Belichick's interview on Vollmer I honestly thought to myself - who the hell is this guy & what have you done with our Coach.

There have been several rumors about the Pats having a secret weapon hinting it's #85 (we all know THAT ain't happening)

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...icture1146-img00294-20110922-2302-480x360.jpg

I always thought he was typically more jovial during the Superbowl, but perhaps I'm misremembering. Since I've blocked everything about That Game from my heart, mind and soul, anyone else remember what he was like four years ago?
What Superbowl four years ago? I'm having a hard time remembering that one...

:snob:

Kidding aside I can't remember him ever being like this in dealing with the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back