PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick didn't address the Superbowl on the "Big Show" today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and if you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'm interested in selling. If you are telling me with a straight face that we can't ask Belichick questions about the Superbowl because he is so focused on the present you are delusional.

I'm not saying we should dwell in the past, but I would like to hear coach Belichick's take on the Superbowl. I can't really think of a more legitimate question to ask an NFL coach.

I am a big fan of the man and the organization , but I refuse to be a Patriots/Belichick apologist. Wishing Belichick would answer a legitimate question about the Superbowl does not "prove how little I know about the Patriots" It proves what lengths some people will go to drink the Patriots Kool-Aid.

Shows why you would not last in radio. You might get a good interview today at the cost of losing the BB interview all season.

Any reference to that game will only upset him. Heck, it upsets me and I'm not attached to the team. BB either gets sad or angry. Either one makes him wonder if he should put himself through that every week next year.

Re: Belichick didn\'t address the Superbowl on the \"Big Show\" today

It is a long held Boston/New England trait. If you're a born & bread New Englander, then your family gatherings are as full of debate & argument as the rest of ours.

It is a strange tradition, but true.

FU! You don't know about my F'in' family.;)

Hey, I thought this was funny.

Give it up...the pom pom wavers aren't interseted on BB's thoughts about the Superbowl. Please take you desire to hear objective analysis elsewhere.

I too think it would've been interesting to hear one or two SB related questions; I doubt any true Pat fan would turn off the radio if they were asked. Of course the kool aid brigade is twisting your reasonable question into you somehow being ill informed or "wanting to dwell on the past".:rolleyes:

Yes, moron, we really need to hear how that is in the past and he is moving on. Go back to the Jets board because you obviously have not been paying attention for the last 8 or 9 years.

No one is saying that he should've been peppered with SB questions but one or two toward the end of the interview would've been intersting, that's all I am saying. You sound like an oversensitive homer..I take your clueless label as a compliment.

"Yes...I am the proud "chowd" and PITA known as PatriotReign on JetsInsider "

Go back to the Jets board, troll.

There's not much left for me to say.

You've basically admitted that you can't think of a question Belichick would answer satisfactorily. You know as well as I do that there's no point in asking the question.

I just find it funny that you're insulting people for being 'homers' and 'ball-washers', even though you actually agree with them. You're just too dense to realize it.

He admits to being a troll that pretends to be Patriot fan on the Jet board. I think it was a mistake on your part to expect reason from him.:D

So the fact that you have hours of idle time to spend running up your post count somehow makes you an expert on anything? "Rookie"...lol...maybe someday I'll attain veteran status...dare I dream?:rolleyes:
Yes...I am the proud "chowd" and PITA known as PatriotReign on JetsInsider
- Brick's signature.

With a signature that admits to being troll that pretends to being a Patriot fan on the Jet board you have the nerve to claim being on a message board is for losers?:D

Are you intentionally being ironic?:rolleyes:

If the PArs had won the SB BB would not have discussed it. The answer would be that was last season we have moved on, any Pats fan know this.

Correction: any non-pretend on a Jets board fan would know this.:D

On a side note...its strange answering you because "PatriotReign" is my screen name on JetsInsider. I have over 3000 posts trying to interject some reality into their emerald circle jerks. Whatever you guys hurl at me is nothing compared to the NY venom that they spew
.:D
Yet we are the ones that spend hours meaninglessly on a message board, huh?

We should be on boards of teams we are not fans of, I guess.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The simple fact is BB is "Unaccountable". He is allowed by Mr. Kraft and the fan base to not explain himself when he makes big mistakes.

During Spy Gate he said he would address the issue after the Commissioner did his investigation. When the Commissioner finished his investigation BB told us he had moved on. After the biggest debacle in NFL SB history what real break down did we get from him?

BB would have been a great CEO for Enron. Company collapses; employees lose jobs, vendors out millions, share holders out billions and retires lose their pensions. BB goes to the podium, the media asks "What Happened", BB responds "I've moved on"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I agree. BB is horrible with the media. He should be fired ASAP.:rolleyes:

Ironic that PatriotsReign and castlelong1 think everyone that doesn't agree with them is a Jet troll......yet they are self-proclaimed fairweather fans.....

WOW, you people are still arguing about this. I look forward to when the seaons starts and these types of threads die a fast death !

Wow, you are so much better than those in the thread. I'm glad you deign to grace us with your majestic presence.:D

Seriously, dude, if the thread is such a waste of time, why did you post in it? Skipping it is allowed.

Re: Belichick didn\'t address the Superbowl on the \"Big Show\" today

FU! You don't know about my F'in' family.;)

Hey, I thought this was funny.

You're invited for Thanksgiving! It's freakn' true...and New England guys also love to have bathroom discussions at family gathering...farting & such!;)

Coach Belichick returned to WEEI's "Big Show" today and there was not a single question about the Superbowl.

Coach Belichick was his usual self in discussing the draft "we took the player we thought would best help our team".... blah, blah, blah, but not a single word was spoken about what was arguably the biggest upset in the history of the NFL.

Did anyone else find it a little odd that Glenn Ordway didn't ask Belichick about the Superbowl?

As far as I know this was Belichick's first on air interview anywhere since the Superbowl. Wasn't this the perfect opportunity to at least ask Belichick about topics such as the 4th + 13 or at the very least his overall take on the game?

Instead Belichick fielded softball questions (nothing of any real substance was asked or answered) about the draft. He answered those questions in his usual coach speak that reveals next to nothing.

I can't help but think if the Pat's had won the Superbowl coach Belichick would have shown up on the "Big Show" months ago and Ordway would have peppered him with a ton of questions about the game.

Don't get me wrong. I am a big fan of both Bill Belichick and Glenn Ordway, but I thought the interview today was a little forced and that they were intentionally avoiding the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

Did anyone else notice this or is it in my head?

ps: The one interesting thing about the interview was when Belichick said in no uncertain terms that the Patriots had no interest in Pacman Jones and were never involved in the trade talks.

Yeah to be honest I don't like talkin about it either, Well unless I am meeting with my therapist, I'll ocassionally ask why they did'nt run more option principles in the passing game and just get the ball the Bleep out of Brady's hand quicker, but I digress...:)

BB is the best HC in ithe NFL...by far. Having said that who decides "who has the right" to ask him a question?

I am not satisfied with this answer because you didn't answer the question. Of course people have a right to ask BB questions, but not if their motive is to embaress him or make him uncomfortable. If someone asked me a question like that, I tell him to FO.

Is the majority of the media headline driven- yes. Are you of the opinion BB should never be asked about anything that may possibly be uncomfortable for him to answer? In addition to being a football genius the guy is also media saavy...he can handle it, he doesn't need you to defend his honor. You sound like an infatuated school kid.

But if it's obvious an interviewer is being an a.h., why answer a question. Why even allow anyone to remind you of that awful day?...awful at least in Patriot fans' eyes:mad:

While I think you are being a bit melodramatic I respect your opinion. Having said that its their job to ask pointed questions not give gushing plaudits...thats the fan's role.

Satisfied now?

NOPE:D

Wow, you are so much better than those in the thread. I'm glad you deign to grace us with your majestic presence.:D

Seriously, dude, if the thread is such a waste of time, why did you post in it? Skipping it is allowed.

OK, I never said I was better then anyone else, you pulled that out of thin air, you into politics ?

I posted my take a week ago in this thread and was surprised to see it bumped up. Also, I was stating a fact, no one has anything better to talk about right now, when they do, threads like this will die a quick death, which is a fact.

Did I hurt your ego somehow ? If so, you seriously need thicker skin in here !

Ironic that PatriotsReign and castlelong1 think everyone that doesn't agree with them is a Jet troll......yet they are self-proclaimed fairweather fans.....

Please add Joker to the list of those who believe you're a jets fan:

Joker:
Rich is furious his Rats didn't address the Ducks Tossington issue in the draft....take it easy on the green gobblin(sic), PR....

richpats...no one thinks you're a Patriots fan, PERIOD!

Why else would you consistently cut down your own team in post after post. I've never read one post you've made that discusses how awesome the Patriots are...why is that?

And stating that Bill Belichik is the best coach in history doesn't count...even though you've said that many, many times.

I can't believe the life this thread has had.

For the record. I stated that I am a huge fan of Bill Belichick and the Patriots organization. I did not start this topic because "I wanted to see Belichick embarrassed" or "to see him squirm" as some people have suggested.

I just thought that it was a legitimate question to ask. I for one would like to know what the greatest coach of the modern era thought about the Superbowl. What better time than to ask him than in his first post Superbowl interview?

Last edited:
I can't believe the life this thread has had.

For the record. I stated that I am a huge fan of Bill Belichick and the Patriots organization. I did not start this topic because "I wanted to see Belichick embarrassed" or "to see him squirm" as some people have suggested.

I just thought that it was a legitimate question to ask. I for one would like to know what the greatest coach of the modern era thought about the Superbowl. What better time than to ask him than in his first post Superbowl interview?

My man, you have to understand that some "fans" here are ridiculously loyal to Bill Belichick and he could wack an opposing player over the head with a 2x4 and they would stand up for him.

I too am a fan of Belichick, but I've been given crap by certain "fans" that can't stand hearing someone say "he violated the rules" or that "Belichick made a few errors in the SB".

It was a legitimate question, any other coach would have the same expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back