PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick didn't address the Superbowl on the "Big Show" today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really has nothing to do with 'hurting his feelings'.

Why don't you explain to us what you would expect Belichick to say in response to the questions you would like him to answer?

I mean, the purpose of asking a question is to get an answer, right?

I'll be waiting.

I wish.

Hey, if you guys have no interest in knowing things like why the team went for it on 4th and 13 rather than kicking a field goal that could have WON THE SUPERBOWL. Your better fans than myself.

Personally, I would have liked to have heard his thoughts on THE SUPERBOWL rather than give some lame answer about how some anonymous 6th round pick (who most likely won't make the team) is going to "compete" for a roster spot.

Its ignorant for you to assume that the Patriots attempting the 48 yard field goal would have changed the course of the game to a win for the Patriots. Gost could have missed it and given the ball back to the Giants at their 38 yard line. It could have been blocked and run back for a TD by the Giants. Or, they could have made it. But even making it doesn't guarantee the Pats the win because it changes the course of the rest of the game.

Now, about your other comment. Its pretty ignorant to assume that they are going to talk about the SuperBowl when the premise of the entire interview is to talk about the draft. If Ordway was to have started talking about the SB, its very likely that BB would have done 1 of two things. Either said that it was in the past and they are moving on or he would have gotten up and walked out. These interviews are set up in advance on a particular topic. Should the interviewer deviate from the topic, the interviewee isn't obligate to answer and can leave without punishment. Whichever way it happened, you wouldn't get your answer. And you aren't ENTITLED to an answer anyways.

Last edited:
Re: Belichick didn\'t address the Superbowl on the \"Big Show\" today

Geez, cant you friggin people just get along with each other? All are Pats fans. enjoy the frickin ride. I have never seen so much arguing and fighting as I have seen here in this place.

Geez, everyone has an opinion. Try respecting all of them.

I suggest you read up on the 1st amendment. No where there does it say you are entitled to respect for your opinion. In fact, all I have seen is people offering THEIR opinions on Voodooz's opinion. They are entitled to do that as well. OH, and no where in the 1st amendment does it say that you are free from the responses you get for voicing your opinion.

VOODOOZF, you're right to ask the question. Ordway should have brought it up if it was the first interview post Super Bowl, no question about it.

Having said that, it's really not worth worrying about.

Last edited:
Re: Belichick didn\\\'t address the Superbowl on the \\\"Big Show\\\" today

I suggest you read up on the 1st amendment. No where there does it say you are entitled to respect for your opinion. In fact, all I have seen is people offering THEIR opinions on Voodooz\'s opinion. They are entitled to do that as well. OH, and no where in the 1st amendment does it say that you are free from the responses you get for voicing your opinion.

Pardon moi monsieur poosycat. I don\'t believe we are discussing first ammendment rights here. That is something for politics, etc.

What I am suggesting is that there needs to be respect for all individuals to have a right to their own opinion without being browbeaten about it. It certainly appears that there are several here, yourself included, that seems to have no respect at all for anyone who may have a different opinion than thou.

And while you may disagree with an individuals opinon, or view, which I certainly do on occasion, as do all others, there still needs to be respect for that person having the right to their own opinion.

Apparently your opinion is that anyone with a different opinion has no right to that opinion.

Do you have an opinion on that or do you not have an opinion on that? :D

Come on. Are we just going to pretend the Superbowl didn't happen? I guess the issue is more with Ordway for not asking the questions, but why do I have a feeling that if Belichick wanted to answer the questions he would have shown up before the last week in April?

Don't you guys find Belichick's lack of visibility since the Superbowl as well as Ordway's total lack of interest in asking questions about the Superbowl a little odd?

Don't you guys want some answers to the big questions (that should be respectfully asked) that still surround the Superbowl?
Go away. Nothing needs to be asked.

We lost.

Everybody is 0-0.

It's 2008 time.

Give it up...the pom pom wavers aren't interseted on BB's thoughts about the Superbowl. Please take you desire to hear objective analysis elsewhere.

I too think it would've been interesting to hear one or two SB related questions; I doubt any true Pat fan would turn off the radio if they were asked. Of course the kool aid brigade is twisting your reasonable question into you somehow being ill informed or "wanting to dwell on the past".:rolleyes:

WOW. Nothing like NOT having a clue. It has nothing to do with the OPs " desire to hear objective analysis." It has to do with the FACT that BB had done interviews after the SB. Just not on WEEI. So, why would WEEI, which was focusing on the draft, ask questions about the SB?

Re: Belichick didn\\\'t address the Superbowl on the \\\"Big Show\\\" today

Pardon moi monsieur poosycat. I don\'t believe we are discussing first ammendment rights here. That is something for politics, etc.

Actually, your whole statement was centered around the 1st Amendment and it had nothing to do with Politics.

What I am suggesting is that there needs to be respect for all individuals to have a right to their own opinion without being browbeaten about it. It certainly appears that there are several here, yourself included, that seems to have no respect at all for anyone who may have a different opinion than thou.

Sorry that I feel that people should EARN respect by offering up legitimate opinions based on fact. Not whining about something they have no control over or whining about something they feel they are OBLIGATED too when no one is obligated to provide them a thing.

And while you may disagree with an individuals opinon, or view, which I certainly do on occasion, as do all others, there still needs to be respect for that person having the right to their own opinion.

Since when did the right to have an opinion go hand in hand with being owed respect? Respect is earned. There are plenty of people on this board who have earned my respect and get treated with respect. People who act like trolls or act like they are have the right to spew whatever they want don't get that respect.

Apparently your opinion is that anyone with a different opinion has no right to that opinion. Do you have an opinion on that or do you not have an opinion on that? :D

Sorry there chumly, but you are dead wrong. But that is not surprising. I suggest you not put words in other people's mouths. My opinion is that you are entitled to your opinion. But, should you voice that opinion in a public forum, you are also entitled to whatever reaction the voicing of your opinion earns you. If you don't want people to react to your opinion, then don't voice it. Otherwise, you have to accept the consequences.

VOODOOZF, you're right to ask the question. Ordway should have brought it up if it was the first interview post Super Bowl, no question about it.

Except it wasn't the first post SB interview. There have been numerous interviews of BB since the SB. Why should Ordway rehash something that has been written about numerous times and of which BB has given answer to.

Heck, even if BB was asked about the kick, his response would have been something like " It was a coaching we made during the game. What is there to explain?"

Having said that, it's really not worth worrying about.

I can agree with you there. *wonders if hell is freezing over* :D

WOW. Nothing like NOT having a clue. It has nothing to do with the OPs " desire to hear objective analysis." It has to do with the FACT that BB had done interviews after the SB. Just not on WEEI. So, why would WEEI, which was focusing on the draft, ask questions about the SB?

No one is saying that he should've been peppered with SB questions but one or two toward the end of the interview would've been intersting, that's all I am saying. You sound like an oversensitive homer..I take your clueless label as a compliment.

It really has nothing to do with 'hurting his feelings'.

Why don't you explain to us what you would expect Belichick to say in response to the questions you would like him to answer?

I mean, the purpose of asking a question is to get an answer, right?

I'll be waiting.

You'll be waiting huh? Well then I better reply because you must be very important.

To answer your drivel disguised as a question...

BB does not owe me an explanation about anything (much like I don't owe you one). I don't have any questions but I'd be interested to hear his response if they posed one or two. If asked about the SB he would undoubtedly give a vague response which is fine but you're acting as if they'd be discussing something outrageous.

I just take issue with you ball washing pom pom wavers who jumped all over the original poster for thinking a SB query would have been intersting.

It is with great anticipation I await your pompous, kool aid fueled retort....

There's not much left for me to say.

You've basically admitted that you can't think of a question Belichick would answer satisfactorily. You know as well as I do that there's no point in asking the question.

I just find it funny that you're insulting people for being 'homers' and 'ball-washers', even though you actually agree with them. You're just too dense to realize it.

I think I'll just wait for the book b.b. will write after he retires wih 8 rings. It should be an interesting read:D In the meantime, bring on the new season

Do you think BB would have crumpled in a heap if the SB was brought up? You talk like BB is an oversensitive 3rd grader instead of an NFL HC.

BB is the best HC in the league by far, no argument there. Its just comical how you guys are worried about hurting his feelings if the dreaded S- word is mentioned.

Jethro Tull, a great band from the 70's, have a song called "Thick as a Brick"...never mind!

Buddy, I know for a fact BB wouldn't cumble from direct questions regarding the SB. That was NOT my point. My point is, some idiots would like to put him on the hot seat & squirm. I'm not saying he would. The fact is, he would just refuse to engage in the conversion.

But my point is, why on earth would anyone want to see him squirm? Why do some idiots want him to be mightily humbled?

I'll tell you why...because some people can't stand him. and to them I say,

TOUGH SHYTTY!!

There's not much left for me to say.

You've basically admitted that you can't think of a question Belichick would answer satisfactorily. You know as well as I do that there's no point in asking the question.

I just find it funny that you're insulting people for being 'homers' and 'ball-washers', even though you actually agree with them. You're just too dense to realize it.

I LIKE Tobias Funke!!;)

You'll be waiting huh? Well then I better reply because you must be very important.

To answer your drivel disguised as a question...

BB does not owe me an explanation about anything (much like I don't owe you one). I don't have any questions but I'd be interested to hear his response if they posed one or two. If asked about the SB he would undoubtedly give a vague response which is fine but you're acting as if they'd be discussing something outrageous.

I just take issue with you ball washing pom pom wavers who jumped all over the original poster for thinking a SB query would have been intersting.

It is with great anticipation I await your pompous, kool aid fueled retort....

My, my...listen to the rookie rant!:rolleyes:

My, my...listen to the rookie rant!:rolleyes:

So the fact that you have hours of idle time to spend running up your post count somehow makes you an expert on anything? "Rookie"...lol...maybe someday I'll attain veteran status...dare I dream?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back