Welcome to PatsFans.com

Belichick/Del Rio Quotes

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by weswelker#83, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Bill Belichick specifically details what must be done for the Patriots to win. He's more likely to say: "We can't let Hines Ward beat us on crossing routes on third down," or "we have to be successful running our scat screen early in the game"

Del Rio : “Right before we went out, I pulled the guys together and said, ‘Guys, you got to love it, this is what we’re here for,’”
    “‘Now let’s go out and make some plays and win it.’” Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/07/sports/football/07steelers.html?_r=1&ref=sports&oref=slogin

Clearly identifying keys to the game
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/12/28/pats.tucker/index.html

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  2. xmarkd400x

xmarkd400x 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Different coaching styles. Both, to this point, have been effective enough to earn a spot in the divisional round. Personally, I prefer Belichick, but there is nothing wrong with firing up the guys =)

3. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

You're using quotes from an article that was giving example quotes, in the context of "this is something BB would say during game preparation".

Then comparing them to what Del Rio said right before kickoff.

You're comparing apples to oranges. And BB uses motivitional tools, i.e. movies, guest speaker etc.. as well as anyone.

4. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I prefer the way BB Clearly identify keys to the game , i don't know if you watched "game of the week" with belichics mic "ON" .
    It was great.

5. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I do to, but what does that have to do with a coach trying to fire up his players?

Don't you think Jack identified some key areas in order for them to be successful during the week prior to kickoff?

I don't see this as being any different from BB walking up and down the sidelines yelling "60 minutes".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.