PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick creates his own locker room material

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrellbee

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
So funny. If there is any chance that the San Diego locker room material is not potent enough to get the Patriots to a high pitch for Sunday's game, Belichick wants to make sure there is no problem. So he creates some extra 'material' for his guys. (And along with it takes a huge chunk out of any 'disrespect' or 'underdog' motivation for the Chargers.) This guy is a mastermind of the first order.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/01/bills_take_120.html

Last edited:
Same Sh!t, Different Week ;)

If there's any other coach who keeps his players more focused and grounded in big games, I'd like to meet him. I was thinking today with the massive amount of distractions this season starting with the first game and every opponent bringing their "A" games, it would have been easy, human nature for the Pats to want to ease up on the accelerator and coast a bit.

Now in the post season, it could have become overwhelming to remain focused on staying undefeated with the pressure growing from the regular season. What does Belichick do? He tells them they're 0-0, and it's a new season. Every team is on an equal playing field. You could feel the pressure had dissipated watching the players interviewed prior to the Jacksonville game. They were thinking about the game plan and the execution they needed in order to win.

As we move closer to the AFC Championship game, the team will mirror its coach and focus on the right things. It helps to have a core of veterans who've been with Belichick for the long haul, but this guy is one of the best in taking it a step at a time and breaking the priorities down into manageable tasks while always maintaining a healthy respect for the opponent.

Now in the post season, it could have become overwhelming to remain focused on staying undefeated with the pressure growing from the regular season. What does Belichick do? He tells them they're 0-0, and it's a new season.
We're actually 1/2 behind SD, they're 2-0 whereas we're only 1-0 :)

I know these pressers are scheduled and it's the AFCCG but why do reporters bother? Seriously. I'm not kidding. BB is not going to give you any information and if you piss him off he leaves the room.

So funny. If there is any chance that the San Diego locker room material is not potent enough to get the Patriots to a high pitch for Sunday's game, Belichick wants to make sure there is no problem. So he creates some extra 'material' for his guys. (And along with it takes a huge chunk out of any 'disrespect' or 'underdog' motivation for the Chargers.) This guy is a mastermind of the first order.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/01/bills_take_120.html

SD's won 8 in a row. They must have something on the ball. I think BB's opinion (he never said disrespect or underdog) that they are a good team is genuine.

Their defense is much improved.

I don't think the Pats would need motivation anyway, but I Think Belichick's comments are genuine.

BB should be needling Bruschi and Seymour, saying things like "McNeil took you to the woodshed last January, Richard.", "The Chargers overloaded their blocking to take advantage of you, Tedy." and "We're lukcy the Chargers didn't run LT more to the left, for they would have easily killed us the way we were defending the run to that side."

Regards,
Chris

SD's won 8 in a row. They must have something on the ball. I think BB's opinion (he never said disrespect or underdog) that they are a good team is genuine.

Their defense is much improved.

I don't think the Pats would need motivation anyway, but I Think Belichick's comments are genuine.
Oh, I absolutely agree, Bee. But that is probably exactly what makes it very potent bulletin board material.

Folks here on this board who are dismissing San Diego out of hand are perilously close to repeating the sad mistake of Pittsburgh - and now this year the Dallas Crowboys and the Indianapolis Dolts. eg Cowboys owner Jones gave out 2 free tickets for the NFC Championship game to all of the Crowboys. Oh myyyyyy.

I know these pressers are scheduled and it's the AFCCG but why do reporters bother? Seriously. I'm not kidding. BB is not going to give you any information and if you piss him off he leaves the room.

Actually, if you ask the question in the right way, Belichick will open up. Maybe not a lot, but enough for a quote or sound bite.

At the end of the day, he's nostalgic. If you put question in terms of something that he likes to talk about, you'll get an answer. I remember after the Giants game, he was asked directly about 16-0 a number of different ways, and he stonewalled every one them. Then he was asked about coming back to Giants' stadium to play in that game. He gave a good and revealing answer, and then gave the sound bite, which essentially was that to have gone 16-0 there didn't stink (or "I won't complain" or something).

I remember that before the AFCCG last year, or maybe some other year before playing the Colts, he was giving classic F-U answers until someone asked him about his old days with Marchibroda. He gave a long, nostalgic answer about his days in Baltimore and gave lots of insight into his coaching philosophies and thoughts.

There are ways to get him to answer questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back