PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick closing in on nice mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget, BB is the only coach who has won multiple Superbowls in the salary cap era. How many of those players from the 49er's or Steerlers would have stayed with those teams if they could have opted for free agency?

The last two years have been dreadful.You can kill me for saying this but one thing he has been is a lousy GM!!!This defense has gotten worse under him.I just want him to win again where it counts the most.The playoffs.

I cannot stand this line of thinking. It makes zero sense. BB is a good coach but you need talent to win D-Money. Always have. Always will.

Show me another GM who wins Super Bowls and playoff games every year in the salary cap era.

Show me another GM who hits on every draft pick.

Show me another GM who hits on every UFA or big money FA signing.

You cannot put up the sheer number of wins and keep you team competitive every single year without being a good GM and having a solid front-office structure.

Has BB made mistakes? Of course. In the last 10 years as de-facto GM of this team, has he won the most Super Bowls, playoff games and regular season games. Yes.

Last edited:
An absolute genius. You know people can go crazy about elite passers, #1 draft picks and even Tom Brady, but if you want to build a winning franchise and not just a winning season, it starts with the top brass and the coach. Teams that try to build around quarterbacks will end up like the Colts, and like the Green Bay Packers with Bret Farve. Teams built from the very top down, are the true consistent winning teams. It all starts at the very top with good management and a great mastermind.

As iconic as Tom Brady has become, it's never been a question to me as far as who's in charge of this Patriots team. And it's real nice when you have a quarterback like Brady who understands his role.

Congratulations Bill. You can bore me better than anyone on the planet with your press conferences, but there's no question you are ahead of the game and will probably go down as one of the greatest in history.

Keep those notebooks close. They're going to be coming after them and they should probably go into some kind of NFL coaching library.

Last edited:
yeah...well...I'm probably the only fan here that LOVES BB press conferences...especially when one of the sub-mongoloidal bottom feeders asks a particularly idiotic post game question...which happens after every game...as a fan I have contempt for them, so I can only imagine how BB feels but I KNOW I could not restrain myself if a tool like Borges, or Massarotti or Gresh or Tomase or Gasper started with their "act" after every game.Curran, Guregian and Rapoport are the exception to these motley fools...and let's not forget the King Of Arrogance, Callahan....the only tool in the box.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think if more people had the calmness to really pay attention to listen to Bill, they would come away with a lot. I meant it more as a compliment. He's just incredibly calm and level headed and goes into a great amount of detail with everything and I'm ADD prone. He explains everything for everyone to understand. You can tell the Patriots personality and consistency starts with him though.

He will rarely ever raise his tone, or show frustration, or get flustered. He'll answer and walk you through it. One day though, I hope he gives up a huge shout, smile, and enjoys one of his wins. I imagine it won't happen until after Bill's last game or when he retires, but you just can't help but want to see him celebrate with his whole heart and he doesn't do that very much, does he? Strictly business and professional no matter what.

Last edited:
An absolute genius. You know people can go crazy about elite passers, #1 draft picks and even Tom Brady, but if you want to build a winning franchise and not just a winning season, it starts with the top brass and the coach. Teams that try to build around quarterbacks will end up like the Colts, and like the Green Bay Packers with Bret Farve. Teams built from the very top down, are the true consistent winning teams. It all starts at the very top with good management and a great mastermind.

As iconic as Tom Brady has become, it's never been a question to me as far as who's in charge of this Patriots team. And it's real nice when you have a quarterback like Brady who understands his role.

Congratulations Bill. You can bore me better than anyone on the planet with your press conferences, but there's no question you are ahead of the game and will probably go down as one of the greatest in history.

Keep those notebooks close. They're going to be coming after them and they should probably go into some kind of NFL coaching library.

You could even make an argument for one step higher with having a great owner. Imagine if Bill and Tom were together under say, Al Davis, for the last decade.
Mr. Kraft deserves credit for being one of the absolute best owners in the entire world of professional sports.

Oh yeah Mr. Kraft's certainly included. Cowboys will probably never get on a winning roll again with Jerry Jones as the owner. That's what I appreciate about the Patriots. Everyone plays their roles. It starts at the very top.

I look at Carolina. They were on the right track until Jerry Richardson and his sons had a feud. Then it trickled down to the coaching. And then you have a team that's gone 2-14 and now 6-9. There's bigger issues in that franchise than what lies on the surface.

I also like Green Bay. So far it's worked.

An NFL franchise or any private company is no different than a communist, monarchy or authoritarian government. Not very many leaders actually fly straight. Most fail to do the right thing and sooner or later start making bad decisions. It's hard to have that much success and that much control and have the responsibility to know what to do with it for a life time. But placing great people in the most important positions is probably key and it starts with the very top to find the next guy under. And so on and so on all the way down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back