PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick checks in [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Belichick checks in

I agree that getting rid of the force out rule is a good thing, but I am surprised that the people who argue passionately against PI becoming a 15 yard penalty because defenders will just purposely commit a flagrant foul than give up a big play aren't coming out against this rule. I don't see the difference.

In fact, I expect defenders taking advantage of this rule change more than if they changed the PI rule. Based on the current proposal for force outs, a defender will be able to push a receiver out of bounds as he is coming down with the ball and force an incomplete pass without a penalty. Under the PI rules change, at least there is a 15 yard penalty.

I am for both rule changes myself. Unfortunately, the force out rule is the only one on the table at this point. Hopefully, PI will be on the table next year.

The first time a defender actually catches a WR in midair and carries him out of bounds, I expect that people will be calling for the forceout to be reinstituted.

Re: BB talks about spygate

yeah but......dont you know that everything is tainted now because of this? not using it on gameday does not matter, they still cheated and should have all three SB wins taken away

Re: Belichick checks in

So, in the end zone (or anywhere along the sidelines) let the receiver catch the ball and then let the defenders catch the receiver and throw him out of bounds before his feet come down = no catch and no penalty, right??

That would be quite the feat. But if a running back can slither over a pile of defenders are not be down, and Jericho Cotchery can bounce up off Chad Scott's body and run for a touchdown, sure, a defender should be able to catch a jumping receiver and take him out of bounds. Fair's fair. The force-out rule is simply there to make offense easier.

Last edited:

yeah but......dont you know that everything is tainted now because of this? not using it on gameday does not matter, they still cheated and should have all three SB wins taken away

Almost took the sarcasm as real, since that is a "reasonable" reply.

Has Belichick put himself in a corner by saying he never taped practices? If it is proven that his statements yesterday are false, does that not further the damages and increase the possible future penalties against him?

Last edited:

Has Belichick put himself in a corner by saying he never taped practices? If it is proven that his statements yesterday are false, does that not further the damages and increase the possible future penalties against him?

For BB & Kraft to come out, since the beginning and make such definitive statements - I have to believe, there is no way it can possibly be proven otherwise.

If there is a tape, it certainly was never authorized by anyone from New England under BB.

Re: BB Press Conf

When belichick says that he (they) have moved on to the 08 season, he's probably the only coach who can say that and actually mean it.

great post. as usual, there was the same stupid mediots there. i love the,

Q: Would you consider that a common practice within the league?

"I don't think that's for me to comment on."

in other words, yes, its common:rolleyes:

Someday, people will realize just how great a coach he is.

Q: When you talk about the top of the draft, and the salary cap ramifications, how has that changed?

"I think there is a little bit of a break between six and seven actually. It's manageable. We've budgeted for it in our salary cap this year and obviously in future years. We kind of know what that range is going to be. That's what it is. There is nothing we can really do about it."

could this be a hint....

"Golf pro in Hawaii'. Snort.

Glad to see our HOF coach is unruffled as ever.

BB: So, as I said, the main point of the commissioner's discipline and his comments on the integrity of the game - which of course, I support 100 percent, nobody loves the game more than I do, I've had a long history in it, and I 100 percent support what his comments have been.

This is the part that I wish the media would examine more closely. The guy is driven to succeed, almost like he is trying to "master" the game even though he is fully aware that is impossible. There is a value system behind his actions that is largely ignored (note: he isn't the only one...it takes work to get to someone's core beliefs and values).

Absent a value system to support Belichick's actions, the media (and the unwashed masses begging for information in simplistic, bite-sized chunks) is free to insert whatever they want. For media-friendy folks, they can add noble intentions or circumstances beyond their control or fatal flaws that have been bravely overcome. For Belichick, the media can create an evil, dominating villain, determined to win at all costs and willing to sacrifice the integrity of the game to achieve his goals.

Belichick loved his father dearly and football was a major part of the bond between them. The character of Steve Belichick was beyond reproach. Given that background, Belichick would sooner cut off his arm than bring shame to the game of football and his family name.

Did Belichick know he was violating the operating procedure set down by the NFL? Yes regardless of his statements on "interpretation". Did Belichick ever believe he was cheating? No way. I'm not sure how you can make any other determination knowing Belichick's background. Unfortunately the media and its ADD-suffering target audience finds "good vs. evil" much easier to digest than a man spending a lifetime supporting and being supported by a game that means more to him than anyone can possibly imagine. Sad.

Last edited:

Some of those reporters were real jack-a**es w the questions they were asking. I wonder who the Gary and Bob were.

I wonder the repercussions of Tomase's irresponsible Walsh article are, I wonder if that guy even asks players or BB questions at this point anymore. BB should just reply with "f**k you" no matter what the Q is.

I loved hearing BB talk about the secondary, Capers and saying "it'll have a different look". I'm excited to see what the 08 defense looks like. On top of that, some posters here took objection to my saying the secondary would be schematically different next season and that Capers will have a role in that, and its not often I get to say "I told you so" around here..

Last edited:

Dear Ron Borges,

(Sorry, that was uncalledfor, you are probably just one of the millions catered to by ESPN.)

If one is telling the truth (which you "conveniently" forgot was an option) then it can not be proven false.

The other option is to remain silent. They tried that and idiots like John Clayton tell the gullible, like you, what he was not saying.

Some of those reporters were real jack-a**es w the questions they were asking. I wonder who the Gary and Bob were.

I wonder the repercussions of Tomase's irresponsible Walsh article are, I wonder if that guy even asks players or BB questions at this point anymore. BB should just reply with "f**k you" no matter what the Q is.

I loved hearing BB talk about the secondary, Capers and saying "it'll have a different look". I'm excited to see what the 08 defense looks like. On top of that, some posters here took objection to my saying the secondary would be schematically different next season and that Capers will have a role in that, and its not often I get to say "I told you so" around here..

Just curious, did you guess a 3-3-5 with an extra safety instead of CB?

In another interview, BB also said something about "..getting more aggressive" on D with Capers. I liked that.:D

This is the part that I wish the media would examine more closely. The guy is driven to succeed, almost like he is trying to "master" the game even though he is fully aware that is impossible. There is a value system behind his actions that is largely ignored (note: he isn't the only one...it takes work to get to someone's core beliefs and values).

Absent a value system to support Belichick's actions, the media (and the unwashed masses begging for information in simplistic, bite-sized chunks) is free to insert whatever they want. For media-friendy folks, they can add noble intentions or circumstances beyond their control or fatal flaws that have been bravely overcome. For Belichick, the media can create an evil, dominating villain, determined to win at all costs and willing to sacrifice the integrity of the game to achieve his goals.

Belichick loved his father dearly and football was a major part of the bond between them. The character of Steve Belichick was beyond reproach. Given that background, Belichick would sooner cut off his arm than bring shame to the game of football and his family name.

Did Belichick know he was violating the operating procedure set down by the NFL? Yes regardless of his statements on "interpretation". Did Belichick ever believe he was cheating? No way. I'm not sure how you can make any other determination knowing Belichick's background. Unfortunately the media and its ADD-suffering target audience finds "good vs. evil" much easier to digest than a man spending a lifetime supporting and being supported by a game that means more to him than anyone can possibly imagine. Sad.

This is a great post. You should forget the "media examaining this more closely" and expand this into an Oped and send it somewhere. I think it speaks in a voice that many of us here feel. Brings out great points. Maybe theses points have been made before but it is well written.

Thanks for this.

This is a great post. You should forget the "media examaining this more closely" and expand this into an Oped and send it somewhere. I think it speaks in a voice that many of us here feel. Brings out great points. Maybe theses points have been made before but it is well written.

Thanks for this.

I would if I thought it would do any good. You and I both know that the real truth behind this story doesn't sell...so there is no motivation by anyone (even someone like Reiss) to stop the madness. Everyone has an agenda and this story can be twisted to serve a variety of purposes.

Posts like this just serve as therapy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes