PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick blocking Harrison now becoming the focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrison is known to wield a firearm, looks like BB was just trying to dodge some bullets.

am I the only one that finds the video hilarious and couldn't care less about it?

I'm glad to see some life in BB. I was starting to think he might be a robot

am I the only one that finds the video hilarious and couldn't care less about it?

I'm glad to see some life in BB. I was starting to think he might be a robot

Nope cracked me up, all 30 something times i replayed too. has absolutely nothing to do with what the jets are doing at all, you see that a LOT still all over the nfl.

Never noticed the jets "wall" though. I dont see the wall as cheating as long as they do not move, but it's the jets and the biggest scumbag coach in the league.

Wish I was a reporter. I would love to get Ladyanian "I am the definition of class" tomlinsons take on kneegate.

i saw this 6 yrs ago ...probably the 3 games to glory dvd ? surprised a lot of fans havent seen this before

This forum has been talking about the Belichick Maneuver for 5 days now. Sad that the video is considered news. Anyways, I'll reiterate my point which I've been saying all along: The problem here is not a little bout of sideline gamesmanship. The problem is Alosi delivered one of the cheapest shots I have ever seen in football on a completely defenseless player, and one that could easily gave ended a man's career.

This play with Belichick is from 2004. That's right. 2004. For anyone to bring it up 6 years later is just stupid because the situations aren't even remotely similar.

who do you think is behind this???

this comes straight from damage control at 280 Park Avenue, NYC,NY...Goodell probably had this released BEFORE any mention of a continued Jet investigation.

Last edited:
Maybe my tinfoil hat is too tight, but the resurrection of this story just doesn't add up to me.

During the 2007, while certain media outlets were slobbering over what they considered the greatest sports scandal in the history of human competition, you never heard stories of other teams stealing signals. Maybe one of the Boston media outlets would run something, but the national writers and companies never mentioned it.

For example, in July of '07, Don Banks wrote a story about the different methods of "cheating" in the NFL. The taping of coaching signals was said to be used by several teams. This story was never referenced later, not even by Banks.

Similarly, the stories of the Dolphins use of audio recordings of Brady's audibles and the Jets camera crew being removed from Gillette in 2006 were never picked up nationally in 2007.

In Matt Walsh's interviews with Goodell and Specter, he mentioned that he saw another team doing the same thing he was (Goodell declined to name the team, but Specter said it was the Jets). This information was ignored.

Along those lines, during the lead up to SB 36, there was a story of someone spying on a Patriots practice. This was a non-factor during the Walsh saga.

Now, the Jets do something wrong and, within 4 days of that incident, video of Belichick getting in an opposing player's way on the sideline from 6 years ago shows up. As if this is somehow the equivalent of intentionally tripping an opposing player.

ESPN and the NFLN can find the Belichick video, but they haven't noticed that the Alosi footage shows Rex Ryan watching the whole thing, even though he later claimed he wasn't aware of it at all.

Maybe I just need to get some rest. :rolleyes:

i agree, that was a true hustle play by bill, good on him to know the situation and use proper technique.

My sentiments exactly. Whether it was intentional or just confusion by BB, I'm very good with a little unintentional hinderance. It's nothing more than trying to gain an edge. Further, I, personally, have no problem with the Jets "line of players/coaches" (the problem is the reckless act of sticking the knee out).
This is not a 6th grade boy scout competition, it's professional sports entertainment. Teaching how to hide offensive holding, over hearing a play call, finding out an opposing player has a sore ankle and "working" on it during the game, acquiring a cut player to find out plays about his former team, coaching how to chuck a player past the 5 yards without it being called, working on the refs to point out player X does "y" (or Polian working on the league directly) etc etc etc etc etc. Some might be just inside the line of the rules some might be just outside the line. If you are a good coach you are trying to get very single edge you can....and you are pushing the envelope to get those edges. BB is like a robot in his efforts to try to get every single edge he can (as Patriot fans we are the beneficiaries of that in the form of Ws).
I know some people want payback on the Jets for the whole spygate sham, however, the Jets "uproar" just legitimizes the sham. Get over the Jets attempt at getting an edge. The guy who stuck his knee out got smacked down for it and justifiably so. The rest of it is, at its core, a non story....just a team pushing the envelope to get an edge (something that is a core part of 'The Patriot Way').

Now trying to block a guy equals triping someone? Can people please tell these douchebags that the only reason we are having this inane conversations is because the Jets coach actively tried to HURT an opposing player. That's it. To equate that to getting into a guy's way is just ludicrous.

That video is a blast, three rings baby!

10 - 1 it was pushed by YOU, because you're the one posting such nonsense.

As a society have we morphed into a mindset that someone is not as culpible, because someone else allegedly did something as bad?? This philosophy is perpetuated by the bored and idle press, particularly those who view themselves as resident contrarians..

Felger, Borges and many others have made a niche in Boston Sports Media this way.. instead of focusing what the Jets did, now we look at what the Pats may have done 6 years ago.. thus the Pats are cheaters also... and what the Jets did was not all that bed.

When we continually feed their ego, we feed this beast...

To equate thus with a coach actually sticking out his leg and tripping a player who was running at full speed, putting the player in danger, after planning a lineup in which he and 5 others were already in position to impede that runner is beyond ludicrous.

So somebody has gone through 10 years of tape trying to find something the Patriots have done that is remotely similar, and this is the best they could find? To quote Mike Florio "Unlike Alosi, Belichick wasn’t trying to impede Harrison during a play...The video is largely comical, more embarrassing than sinister for Belichick, who stumbles into Harrison’s path"

Bill is lucky he didn't get shot, though.

You can say that MAYBE he tries to get slightly into Harrison's way, but he doesn't initiate any contact, is standing where he is allowed to stand, and unlike Alosi he certainly had no reason to expect Harrison to be going there.

Last edited:
Jets are a terrible franchise. They can't play football, they are trying to cheat now and still can't win, they are blaming all of their sucky mishaps and terrible play on everybody but themselves and punters.

This team is an embarrassment to the league, I wish they'd all just dissappear already. It'll make the NFL a much better place. They are reaching badly and digging a larger hole.

God please let them lose every single game for the rest of the season!

Last edited:
BB's just lucky Harrison wasn't armed.

I don't see this becoming the focus... And if anyone hoped it would that tactic seems to be backfiring...

Does anyone believe Ryan, Westhoff didn’t know what Alosi was doing? | ProFootballTalk

What I don't get about Florio is that he seems to acknowledge the Jeff Cumberland quotes, but ignores the most damning for the Jets* that Alosi has been doing this all year. He even spins Cumberland's quotes as the Jets* PR campaign to put all the blame on Alosi. I don't get why the Jets* would tell a player to tell the press that the Jets* have been doing the sideline wall all season even if they were going to make Alosi the fall guy.

I really don't get Florio at all. He seems to be a bulldog about the story, but ignores the most important piece of the puzzle. It is my understanding that the league didn't even want to get involved in the whole thing until it came out that this has been an ongoing thing.

I do see the sideline wall as gamesmanship like what Belichick did, but unlike Belichick, this was premeditated and could violate rules if inactive players are not allowed in that area.

* Caught Cheating

Last edited:
I can't help but play the Mexican Hat Dance music in my head eveytime I watch that thing. That video is CLASSIC! LMAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back