Reaction score
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1194028,00.html

8557444.jpg

From the Magazine | From The Editor
"A Triumph of the Newsmagazine's Craft"
By JAMES KELLY, MANAGING EDITOR
SUBSCRIBE TO TIMEPRINTE-MAILMORE BY AUTHOR

Posted Monday, May 15, 2006
In an age when noisy posturing too often substitutes for reasoned debate and brash opinion trumps hard fact, we try to offer the kind of in-depth reporting, cool-minded analysis and vivid photography that readers will find authoritative and compelling. You are the ultimate judge of how well we meet our goals, but it is also rewarding when our peers in journalism judge us to excel at what we do. The American Society of Magazine Editors did just that last week when my colleagues and I received two Ellies, one for General Excellence and the other for our special issue last September on Hurricane Katrina, which the judges called "a triumph of the newsmagazine's craft." Overall, they said, "TIME keeps reinvigorating its role as a newsweekly and demonstrates its relevance and importance in a changing media world."

Viewed from a certain angle, the Alexander Calder--designed stabile resembles an elephant; viewed from any angle, an Ellie is the most prestigious prize that a magazine can win.

As if winning two of them were not enough for one week, we also held our second annual TIME 100 dinner, marking the most influential people in the world. (That's Stephen Colbert holding a copy of the special issue with our 2006 list.) Paul Simon and the Dixie Chicks performed, and Senator John McCain, Katie Couric, Wynton Marsalis and Pakistani activist Mukhtaran Bibi toasted those who had influenced them. Nearly 100 Influentials were on hand that evening, including U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Ralph Nader, Will Smith, George Lucas, Nobel laureate James Watson, Bill Belichick and Dr. Andrew Weil. We also attracted such political opposites as Bill O'Reilly and Al Franken, which I like to think proves my point that TIME is an honest broker of the news, whether it be in the magazine or on TIME.com

mikey said:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1194028,00.html

8557444.jpg

From the Magazine | From The Editor
"A Triumph of the Newsmagazine's Craft"
By JAMES KELLY, MANAGING EDITOR
SUBSCRIBE TO TIMEPRINTE-MAILMORE BY AUTHOR

Posted Monday, May 15, 2006
In an age when noisy posturing too often substitutes for reasoned debate and brash opinion trumps hard fact, we try to offer the kind of in-depth reporting, cool-minded analysis and vivid photography that readers will find authoritative and compelling. You are the ultimate judge of how well we meet our goals, but it is also rewarding when our peers in journalism judge us to excel at what we do. The American Society of Magazine Editors did just that last week when my colleagues and I received two Ellies, one for General Excellence and the other for our special issue last September on Hurricane Katrina, which the judges called "a triumph of the newsmagazine's craft." Overall, they said, "TIME keeps reinvigorating its role as a newsweekly and demonstrates its relevance and importance in a changing media world."

Viewed from a certain angle, the Alexander Calder--designed stabile resembles an elephant; viewed from any angle, an Ellie is the most prestigious prize that a magazine can win.

As if winning two of them were not enough for one week, we also held our second annual TIME 100 dinner, marking the most influential people in the world. (That's Stephen Colbert holding a copy of the special issue with our 2006 list.) Paul Simon and the Dixie Chicks performed, and Senator John McCain, Katie Couric, Wynton Marsalis and Pakistani activist Mukhtaran Bibi toasted those who had influenced them. Nearly 100 Influentials were on hand that evening, including U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Ralph Nader, Will Smith, George Lucas, Nobel laureate James Watson, Bill Belichick and Dr. Andrew Weil. We also attracted such political opposites as Bill O'Reilly and Al Franken, which I like to think proves my point that TIME is an honest broker of the news, whether it be in the magazine or on TIME.com

Belichick I can see, but Ralph Nader?:D

RayClay said:
Belichick I can see, but Ralph Nader?:D

Ralph Nader as a consumer advocate is extremely influential. Many of the safety features in the car you drive are as a result of Nader's influence on the car manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes