Belichick, and Pioli, hanging around Red Sox this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Belichick visits Sox camp

capt.flck11203112155.orioles_red_sox_spring_baseball_flck112.jpg

He also sat (and munched on plenty of seeds) with Francona for awhile.

There is a Fox25 caption contest too:

http://community.myfoxboston.com/blogs/Butch_Stearns

Re: Belichick visits Sox camp

Yep, BB is just relaxing this off-season, and I'm sure visiting the Sox is why he's there.

Why else would he be in Florida? ;)

*holding two tickets to tonight's Sox/Yankees game*

it's always cool to see who shows up in Fort Myers in March :)

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseba.../03/12/belichick_enjoys_his_time_on_new_turf/
Belichick enjoys his time on new turf

By Gordon Edes, Globe Staff | March 12, 2007

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- He sat beside Terry Francona in the Red Sox dugout, wearing shorts, not a hoodie.And when Bill Belichick wasn't there, Scott Pioli, the Patriots' vice president of player personnel, slid onto the bench occupied earlier this week by Keith Olbermann, the MSNBC anchorman.

Can anyone tell it's spring training?

"It was fun," Francona said of his time visiting with the coach of the Patriots, who just a couple of days earlier dropped in on Joe Torre and the Yankees as he makes the rounds of a few camps.

"We talked about the culture of the game, which is interesting. Just the different culture. They're 16 games. We're every day. We talked about sending guys down, cuts, that type of stuff. It was interesting. Spring training is relaxed, and he's relaxed. It was fun. He came and sat for about three innings and we BS'd around."

Francona said this was the first time he'd spoken at any length with Belichick, who is a big fan of Tony La Russa. During the postseason last year, Belichick showed up at a Patriots news conference wearing a Cardinals jersey. He'd spent a couple of days last spring with La Russa, and they'd hit it off. But he also called himself a Francona fan at that news conference.

Francona and Pioli have a friendship stemming in part from their mutual friendship with Indians general manager Mark Shapiro. "I think the world of him," Francona said of Pioli, who accompanied the manager to a back diamond to watch Jon Lester throw a simulated game yesterday morning.

"He told me, 'You have no idea how relaxing this is for me,' " Francona said of Pioli.

Jonathan Papelbon said he would have liked to have had a chance to talk with Belichick. "But [Curt ] Schilling and Wake [Tim Wakefield] had him for most of the time," Papelbon said in mock complaint.

Kevin Youkilis also spent some time chatting with Belichick, who, it can be reliably reported, did not ask Wily Mo Peña if he'd prefer playing outside linebacker for the three-time Super Bowl champions.

If they're both in Florida playing baseball, exactly who is it up in MA signing all these receivers? ;)

I wonder if the relaxed, having a good time BB is based a lot on his knowledge of how well the offseason has gone for the Pats this year. Beoli has to be ecstatic so far. At least 2 significant FA players took a bit less money to come here (AD and Stallworth)...they gotta feel as good as most of us do....especially in comparison to last year and the Branch debacle.

If they're both in Florida playing baseball, exactly who is it up in MA signing all these receivers? ;)
Oops, sorry, didn't know it was posted already. Good question though. Who's watching the store? :eek:

BB always looks like such a little kid in these photos. Like he's thrilled to be there talking with his heroes.

PS -- I hope he's wearing a little sunblock 'cause he's looking mighty pasty.

Last edited:
Sluming!!!!!

Hey hopefully some of that BB magic rubs onto the Red Sox! Didn't the Cards win the World Series last time he hung out with the? Hmmmm!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back