PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick and Caserio have dinner with Tebow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Tebow and I think he has potential to be a good player but If we got him then we are taking away a defensive player or maybe a WR or RB that we could have otherwise drafted. What would Tebow even do? He would be backup to Brady but I don't think he would be amazing at TE or H-Back. I think we may get him with a 2nd if he's there because of his versatility and winning attitude. Hmmmmm... I wouldn't be disappointed picking Tebow, but I wouldn't be stoked either.

Everybody raise your hand if you want the Pats to draft a quarterback in the top 2 rounds. Not Tebow specifically, just any quarterback.
:bye2: "Want" is a bit strong, but I'm not opposed to drafting Tebow, that was why Vollmer was drafted, to be the blind side protector for a lefty. :p

BB has said Tebow is a versatile player and would play any position you ask him to. I'm expecting BB to pick him up and use him for something other than QB.

Reading the Belichick quotes on Tebow in this Herald piece.....no chance he is drafting this kid. That would be totally out of character for Bill to talk up a kid he's got his eyes on. Not to mention, dinner in the north end? Yeah, the whole world won't hear about that now will they.

Call me a cynic, but my impression is Belichick is trying to up this kid's stock so he gets selected before some of the Pats 1st/2nd round picks. It's one more guy that will be on the board still for the Pats if Tebow goes in one of those top 2 rounds. Plus it doesn't hurt to build the relationship. Maybe 3-4 years from now, he's on the verge of becoming an elite QB, is up for FA and Tom Brady is readying for retirement.

Last edited:
Reading the Belichick quotes on Tebow in this Herald piece.....no chance he is drafting this kid. That would be totally out of character for Bill to talk up a kid he's got his eyes on. Not to mention, dinner in the north end? Yeah, the whole world won't hear about that now will they.

Call me a cynic, but my impression is Belichick is trying to up this kid's stock so he gets selected before some of the Pats 1st/2nd round picks. It's one more guy that will be on the board still for the Pats if Tebow goes in one of those top 2 rounds. Plus it doesn't hurt to build the relationship. Maybe 3-4 years from now, he's on the verge of becoming an elite QB, is up for FA and Tom Brady is readying for retirement.
Thats what I figured too. I'm not even worried about him wasting a pick on Tebow anymore.

Was Larry Bird a phenomenally accurate 3pt. shooter the first time he picked up a basketball?

No, but he was the moment he stepped onto the parquet for the Boston Celtics. We're talking about the pros here, not the NBDL.

Show me the guy who is the best pistol shooter in the world, were they always like that or did he need practice? For that matter, show me any activity needing a significant degree of accuracy and see if the best people at it were always that good.

While we're on the subject of Tebow's accuracy, look at his number of touchdowns v. interceptions.

How about we look at his terrible delivery, form, and inability to read the defense. How about we talk about the way his mechanics break down to his old bad form when he gets stressed or tired? And those are usually the most likely times a QB will throw an interception. That's the worst possible time to throw a wobbly duck.

Tim Tebow is the next Michael Bishop with a more outgoing personality. I wouldn't draft him earlier than round 7.

:bye2: "Want" is a bit strong, but I'm not opposed to drafting Tebow, that was why Vollmer was drafted, to be the blind side protector for a lefty. :p

If he could play center without being blown back 5 yards on every play like Koppen, then I might consider him. ;)

Last edited:
No, but he was the moment he stepped onto the parquet for the Boston Celtics. We're talking about the pros here, not the NBDL.

How about we look at his terrible delivery, form, and inability to read the defense. How about we talk about the way his mechanics break down to his old bad form when he gets stressed or tired? And those are usually the most likely times a QB will throw an interception. That's the worst possible time to throw a wobbly duck.

Sorry but that's not the argument, the poster essentially said 'either you're accurate or you're not, it cannot be changed' which is demonstrably false.

Accuracy can be improved.

As for the other issues, he's done a very good job cleaning up his motion in a relatively short time and he's not going to stop, he's the type of person that will continue working on his weaker points every day until he retires. Yes, he has weak points that he needs to improve on but so did plenty of players that went on to be successful.

Bet against him if you like, my money is on Tebow.

Well we can look at what appeared to be sure HOFers out of college like Ryan Leaf perhaps....everyone you spoke to back in those days said he was a sure thing and had the size and mechanics to do great things and was taking the Chargers to mulitiple Super Bowls in the years ahead. - And we all know how good Leaf was :eek:.

You never know how a QB will do after he gets in the big league....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back