PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick and Caserio have dinner with Tebow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be so disgusted.

#22 would make me and this whole board suicidal.

I understand if he's taken at #44 and BB sees potential in star TE somehow. He did it with Edelman, but there's no risk with a 7th rounder...

Then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. When have the Pats publicly wined and dined a draft prospect? When has Belichick spouted as much praise towards a prospect as he did last week at the coaches' breakfast?

It's a smokescreen.

Co-sign....

I've said it once before,Tebow will be selected by the Bills,Would the Bills pass over Clausen to wait for Tebow in the second round? or do a shocker and take him as thier #1 or do the Bills just go with Clausen and let the Jags or Browns ect: take him later on?

I am really not that high up on Clausen...is Clausen that much better than Tebow?

What better way to entice a trade, than to make the other teams think that they have to either , jump you, or trade with you, to get Tebow. Either way, the Pats win, because they either get more picks, or Tebow gets taken before they pick, thus lessening the chance of the guy that the Pats actually want will be taken before their turn.

Tebow really has no place on this team, even if you think that you can make him a TE or H back, you aren't wasting a 2nd round pick on him.

Maybe they brought Tebow in to ask him about others he played with at Florida. I mean, who better to get an honest answer from than Teabow about guys like spikes, Dunlap, Hernandez, Cooper and others. I think it is a perfect way to not only get other teams to think you are high on him when you are really just using this as an informational meeting about others he played with.

Maybe they brought Tebow in to ask him about others he played with at Florida. I mean, who better to get an honest answer from than Teabow about guys like spikes, Dunlap, Hernandez, Cooper and others. I think it is a perfect way to not only get other teams to think you are high on him when you are really just using this as an informational meeting about others he played with.

I was actually contemplating this. I emailed a buddy from work (who loves Tebow) telling him if I had in fact run into Tebow and BB I woulda said to Tebow: "So, you're talking Carlos Dunlap up right?"

Do you think the Bills are that confident in their ability to develop him?

I think they may give him a chance to learn, Edwards would probably start the season,it may come down to whether they want Clausen at #1 or go elsewhere with that #1 and wait to see if Tebow is still around by the second

Either way I would be shocked if the Bills haven't drafted a QB by the second round.

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense if you're likely to get more than that as a return, Tebow is everything you want in a franchise QB, the only doubts are how his game transfers to the NFL: if BB is confident he can develop Tebow and can get him playing time that showcases his development many teams will line up to trade for him.

Aside form that, Tebow can also be an insurance policy as no one knows what will happen with Brady's health, desire to remain here, or contract.

But how much more than that are you ever gonna get after passing on the opportunity to fill a hole with a starter this season. Tebow would be the #3 QB on a team with no named OC. He would get as much playing time as Gutierrez or Hoyer or that waste of a 3rd round pick O'Connell got last season which is measured in quarters in the pre season vs. burger flippers and absolutely zero experience in actual game time conditions. How much were those three worth in trade after being similarly showcased??? If you want a candidate to flip it's like realestate, buy low sell high. If you have to buy high you're not likely to profit once you finish renovating...

If Brady goes down this season, Hoyer is the #2. We do know his desire is to remain here for another several seasons and we do know that Kraft is confident they will do whatever it takes to get his extension completed.

Tebow is not a 1st round talent, but some fool will think he can make him one. He's not even a 2nd round talent. He's a project who wants to be something he likely will never be and potentially could be something he's never been.

Smoke screen. The higher he goes the better for us. Someone else drops and maybe we even get to trade down with the fool who can't resist him.

I think they may give him a chance to learn, Edwards would probably start the season,it may come down to whether they want Clausen at #1 or go elsewhere with that #1 and wait to see if Tebow is still around by the second

Either way I would be shocked if the Bills haven't drafted a QB by the second round.

Marshawn Lynch and a second round pick for Donovan McNabb.

BAM! Win-win

But how much more than that are you ever gonna get after passing on the opportunity to fill a hole with a starter this season. Tebow would be the #3 QB on a team with no named OC. He would get as much playing time as Gutierrez or Hoyer or that waste of a 3rd round pick O'Connell got last season which is measured in quarters in the pre season vs. burger flippers and absolutely zero experience in actual game time conditions. How much were those three worth in trade after being similarly showcased??? If you want a candidate to flip it's like realestate, buy low sell high. If you have to buy high you're not likely to profit once you finish renovating...

If Brady goes down this season, Hoyer is the #2. We do know his desire is to remain here for another several seasons and we do know that Kraft is confident they will do whatever it takes to get his extension completed.

Tebow is not a 1st round talent, but some fool will think he can make him one. He's not even a 2nd round talent. He's a project who wants to be something he likely will never be and potentially could be something he's never been.

Smoke screen. The higher he goes the better for us. Someone else drops and maybe we even get to trade down with the fool who can't resist him.

This might very well be a smokescreen, but he might also be an insurance policy depending on what happens with Brady with the possibility that Tebow can be flipped when no longer needed.

Also, you said it yourself, a team will fool themselves into thinking that Tebow is worth more than he is, why wouldn't that be true after he has a year in BB's system, 'learning under the wing of Tom Brady', and with some playing time, even if it is limited? If anything the desire to grab Tebow will only be higher.

If Tebow is not a 1st or 2nd rounder then why other than the media frenzy on him,do you think he was invited to attend the draft in person?

I can't remember in draft history a player who got invited but was not drafted at least semi-early

It makes perfect sense if you're likely to get more than that as a return, Tebow is everything you want in a franchise QB, the only doubts are how his game transfers to the NFL: if BB is confident he can develop Tebow and can get him playing time that showcases his development many teams will line up to trade for him.

Aside form that, Tebow can also be an insurance policy as no one knows what will happen with Brady's health, desire to remain here, or contract.

say pats draft tebow at 22 and is developed into a Cutler level talent. so we get a 1st and 3rd for him but they had to spend a 1st to grab him so you net a 3rd and miss out on a player at 22 this year. Doesn't make sense

If Tebow is not a 1st or 2nd rounder then why other than the media frenzy on him,do you think he was invited to attend the draft in person?

I can't remember in draft history a player who got invited but was not drafted at least semi-early

Ratings. Goodell is all about marketing the product. He will draw viewers in for the drama, possibly even on day 2 if the teams that want him decide to roll the dice and play chicken. Someone could end up sitting on a very valuable pick at 32 or 33... It will make for must see TV...

Tebow was a 3rd or 4th rounder before the hype machine kicked into gear about a month ago. BB might have been genuinely interested in him there as a project. If he takes him with one of his top 50 picks in a deep defensive draft, I will seriously begin to question whether he needs to check his ego outside the draft room door... This kid can change anything he wants to in shorts and a tshirt. He will revert to form under pressure, let alone NFL pressure. He's a workout warrior. Bill largely preaches drafting on film, and the few times he's ignored his own advice early, he's been burned.

say pats draft tebow at 22 and is developed into a Cutler level talent. so we get a 1st and 3rd for him but they had to spend a 1st to grab him so you net a 3rd and miss out on a player at 22 this year. Doesn't make sense
Exactly, drafting Tebow is a waste anyway you look at it.

Everybody raise your hand if you want the Pats to draft a quarterback in the top 2 rounds. Not Tebow specifically, just any quarterback.

...a team will fool themselves into thinking that Tebow is worth more than he is...

He's already being rumored to two teams in the top 15. Whether he's worth it or not, the top 15 puts him in the ballpark of #22. And if there's no takers in round one, there's one team sitting in round two armed with three draft picks, ready, willing, and able to deal their slot to any Tebow suitor.

Also, the day off between round one and two can make for better trading, rather than the on-the-clock hurried deals, which can especially benefit teams with multiple picks -- like the Pats.

It probably is a smokescreen, but if Belichick drafts Tebow we have a new weapon added to an offensive arsenal that is in sore need of one. FORGET ABOUT TEBOW'S PASSING MECHANICS OR LACK THEREOF:

1. Tebow would be our newest (and probably most effective) RB and can play FB as well.

2.. Then there's the trick formations. Brady and Tebow on the same field--no way defenses will be able to effectively defend that. Welcome to the Patriot Wildcat, which would be the most effective in the league with Tebow.

3. I'm sure Brady wouldn't mind sitting down on short yardage situations. Everything yells QB sneak, then Tebow drops back and airs it out to Moss or just uses his speed to take off, get around the edge, than take on or out run any DB unlucky enough to try to get in his way.

As much as I hate Tebow, he could bring the spark and a winning-is-everything-mentality back to the New England Patriots. Ever since the SB42, the Pats have been as flat as a pancake.

Just say No to Tebow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back