PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick and Caserio have dinner with Tebow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not saying I agree with it, but perhaps BB feels more confident in Tebow's ability to convert than he did Barwin at the time. Right or wrong, the evaluations may have been different.

The evals are different. I think the Tebow conversion is more realistic than Barwin's was.

I think teams only evaluated Barwin as a OLB/DE. The TE thing was overblown here b/c of what we saw w/ Vrabel.

Couldn't agree more, I don't want him!

Don't worry, we won't get him, or if we get him, we'll trade.

This is so un-patriots like. Why parade him out in the public if it was our intention to grab him? I mean, think about it- the Pats are usually very secretive about this process. NOBODY predicted us getting Mayo at #10, two years ago.

What is BB wants to grab Tebow, school him up for a year or so at QB, and then trade him off for a bunch of picks? People don't think it's odd to make a trade now for a pick later, having Tebow learn under Brady before being traded isn't different.

"According to one source, Tebow was out front of the North End eatery for awhile, chatting with people in the street. He was standing with a football in his hands."

Who the **** takes a football to dinner?

Tim Tebow does:)

This is so un-patriots like. Why parade him out in the public if it was our intention to grab him? I mean, think about it- the Pats are usually very secretive about this process. NOBODY predicted us getting Mayo at #10, two years ago.

Maybe BB is totally messing with everyone's mind because he wants everyone to think it's all a smokescreen but he actually does want him:D

What is BB wants to grab Tebow, school him up for a year or so at QB, and then trade him off for a bunch of picks? People don't think it's odd to make a trade now for a pick later, having Tebow learn under Brady before being traded isn't different.

The thing that makes backups have trade value is when they had to make some starts in place of the starter. Cassel had a good full season when Brady went down, Schaub had at least a handful of games under his belt when he was dealt.

We'd have to play Tebow to increase his trade value beyond the pick we used to draft him.

Well, not saying I agree with it, but perhaps BB feels more confident in Tebow's ability to convert than he did Barwin at the time. Right or wrong, the evaluations may have been different.

I don't know how important this was (or how bad it is right now), but Barwin was born with a hearing problem (in fact, he was almost completely deaf at birth).

He has Patriot written all over him. I am all for it.

With all this rain I feel safe knowing that tebow was with BB and NC last night due to his ability to walk on top of the water.

The thing that makes backups have trade value is when they had to make some starts in place of the starter. Cassel had a good full season when Brady went down, Schaub had at least a handful of games under his belt when he was dealt.

We'd have to play Tebow to increase his trade value beyond the pick we used to draft him.

How do you know he won't get some?

Tebow doesn't sleep on goosedown, he sleeps on pigskin

I don't get the draft him so we can trade him scenario. It doesn't work if you have to draft the guy in the 1st or 2nd rd.

We could use a hybrid TE/FB..Tebow could be that type of player if we draft him

We could, and I love him as a competitor. But in the second round of a draft where you can get first round caliber players in the second round, in a year where you have so many needs I just feel like it's not worth the risk. Hey, if we draft an olb, wr, and de with the three other picks then I guess it wouldn't bother me a ton, and I would be intrigued, but it's just too risky in the second round for my taste.

I don;t think BB drafts him in the first or second round to be a hybrid H back/FB/TE. I think BB drafts him to be a QB. BB has him sit for a year or two or three and learn the QB position from scratch.

Tebow can;t be in the QB position meeting and the RB position meetings at the same time.

On the other hand since we do not have a FT QB coach or an OC, BB would be doing this kid a HUGE disservice if he drafts him. Players like Tebow need teachers and individual attention and we do not have the bodies to spare. All the coaches are off doing three other jobs.

Couldn't agree more, I don't want him!

Then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. When have the Pats publicly wined and dined a draft prospect? When has Belichick spouted as much praise towards a prospect as he did last week at the coaches' breakfast?

It's a smokescreen.

I don't get the draft him so we can trade him scenario. It doesn't work if you have to draft the guy in the 1st or 2nd rd.

It makes perfect sense if you're likely to get more than that as a return, Tebow is everything you want in a franchise QB, the only doubts are how his game transfers to the NFL: if BB is confident he can develop Tebow and can get him playing time that showcases his development many teams will line up to trade for him.

Aside form that, Tebow can also be an insurance policy as no one knows what will happen with Brady's health, desire to remain here, or contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back