PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick: "2 out of 3...way it should be"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game was our Super Bowl that year. Obviously. :eek: Still, a great win. Breaking that Joe Robbie Stadium jinx was huge.

Squish the fish was THE game. They'd lost by 3 in Miami during the season, and the anticipation was off the charts after having seen the Patriots defeat an 11 win Jets team and a 12 win Raiders team. It was the Patriots getting a chance to finally get past those damned dolphins.

To say that we were going nuts watching that game would be a major understatement. I don't expect this Jets game to come anything close to that.

they could hype it up for the jets in reverse as in finally jets coming to beat the pats....

So is this going to be the most hyped game in AFC East history? I ask because I wasn't alive for the 1985 AFCCG.

I don't remember there being much buzz about it because the Dolphins were expected to win it, without question. That made it that much more of an upset.

The game that had the most hype I think was the last one in the RS against Cinn. That was the one big win that led to the goalpost being torn down and carried down route 1. It was all over the papers the next day.

they could hype it up for the jets in reverse as in finally jets coming to beat the pats....

True, and it will involve a New York team. Still, I think the pasting that the Patriots handed out to the Jets in the second game will put a damper on some of the hype.

I know it's annoying to hear the Jets talk, but fact is that right now we're 1-1. Which is another plus to drawing the Jets next week and a chance to officially win the 'series' for this year. This time if we win Rex won't be able to say 'well yeah they kick our butts today but we also kicked their butts in week 2'. Hope we leave them with no ifs ands or buts Sunday

And turn off the TV until the draft.

And turn off WEEI until the day of the draft because it will be baseball jock sniffing 100% of the time. Actually there will be some dweebs that call this week (as they did during the week before the last Patriots Super Bowl) who want to nerd out on how the Sox should change their batting order.

That game was our Super Bowl that year. Obviously. :eek: Still, a great win. Breaking that Joe Robbie Stadium jinx was huge.

The Orange Bowl.

True, and it will involve a New York team. Still, I think the pasting that the Patriots handed out to the Jets in the second game will put a damper on some of the hype.

You would think so, but I have a feeling we're going to hear a guarantee of some kind from Jersey to stoke the embers.

You would think so, but I have a feeling we're going to hear a guarantee of some kind from Jersey to stoke the embers.

You know it's only a matter of time before Rex opens up the gobbler :rofl:

"Followed by 10 seconds of uncomfortable silence." LOL. That cracks me up. What more is there to say. You lose, you go home. It's definitely true. And it's what makes the NFL playoffs so exciting and nerve wracking. I have confidence in our team. But the Jets have shown they are far from dead and you know they will try to bring their best game to Foxboro.

I liked these few quotes from Belichick. "We'll find out which team will advance," in BB speak, is almost trash-talking.

It kind of reminds me of comments he made before the San Diego game in 2007--Tomlinson was yapping as usual, and Belichick said something like, "we'll see what happens." What happened was a blowout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes