PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Beisel Observation

Status
Not open for further replies.

UGAPatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He still is a poor MLB. After watching him more closely he does have very good speed. I wonder if maybe he would be better suited for OLB. He really has a tough time getting off of blocks and not getting caught in traffic but does seem to have terrific closing speed.

and now we have to spend ANOTHER week wondering about Bruschi's health.

shakadave said:
and now we have to spend ANOTHER week wondering about Bruschi's health.
A positive note was that Chad Brown looked pretty good when he replaced Beisel.

I think he can make the transition, but OLB is closer to what he played as a DE at Kstate. Trouble is, Pat OLBs also need to be good fighting off the block. I believe he is still learning the techniques and still needs to go through an off-season with Coach Woicik to get his body purged of the KC poison. The talent is there, the coaching should catch him up in time to get some value.

Bruschi could have played, but the combination of wanting to be extra-careful with him and the Jags going to 4- and 5-WR sets made it moot. I'm thrilled to have won so convincingly without him.

patsox23 said:
Bruschi could have played, but the combination of wanting to be extra-careful with him and the Jags going to 4- and 5-WR sets made it moot. I'm thrilled to have won so convincingly without him.

Excellent point about winning without him. But we don't KNOW that he could have played. I'm still not quite comfortable. He'll have a little rust to shake off if he plays next week.

TJ spoke well of him during the 5th Qtr. Said he was working hard , trying to help the team. No predictions, but nothing negative. Another off-season training and he may pan out. Not playing Tedy and giving Biesel so much time may have been risky, but the extra week's rest for Tedy will pay dividends. Timing and recognition of run gaps seems to be the hardest for Biesel, but JAX stayed with the pass mostly.

shakadave said:
Excellent point about winning without him. But we don't KNOW that he could have played. I'm still not quite comfortable. He'll have a little rust to shake off if he plays next week.

Bruschi would have been made INACTIVE if he couldn't have played.

I was at the game so it was tough to breakdown how he was doing, but have to say that he couldnt have been as bad as earlier in the year with the way the defense as a whole played. Have to be happy that we could get the convincing win without Bru in the middle....
Also saw Chad Brown flying around a bit, I am sure his veteran leadership was useful with Bru in there.
Great team defense for the night especially holding the Jags without a TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes