PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Beichick: Chandler Jones making progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't read too much into that. He would say that i think about any injured player. Really just a quick 1 liner.

Pretty sure i have heard him say...making progress before

"Chandler making progress..."

article-2153936-136C2528000005DC-977_634x442.jpg

No news whatsoever in the Belichick quote. More perhaps in http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-to-avoid-surgery-eyes-return-for-playoff-run, which was cited in the link in the OP:

Chandler Jones, the Patriots' top pass rushing threat and one of the key members of their defense, will not need surgery on his injured hip, according to sources with knowledge of the situation, and has been prescribed at least four weeks of rest until he can return.

He does not have a torn labrum, the sources said, and the team is very optimistic that he will be a factor for them in the stretch playoff run.

black-man-wheelchair.jpg

As long as he's fresh and ready to go for the playoffs. It may actually be a blessing in disguise.

Stories that would hold significance: BB says to the media "yea, he's too hurt to make it back this season" or "here's all the medical reports and data on CJ, let me know what you think".

A story with no significance whatsoever: BB says to the media "player X is making progress".

“No real update,” Belichick said.

“He’s been making progress. We’ll list him weekly as we are required to do on the injury and practice notifications. Whatever he’s able to do, then that’s the way it will be.”

(courtesy of the Herald)

The 6 week reports were supposedly very optimistic in the first place, and even that wouldn't have him back until week 13 or 14. Many reports had him returning somewhere around 6-8 weeks.

Considering that they have the back to back game road trip that includes @Green Bay and @San Diego, I think there's a decent chance that he doesn't return until our final 3 game stretch vs the divisional opponents. I don't know how they'll handle the road trip, or if they'll decide to stay on the road, but I'd have a hard time imaging him being able to return in time for that back to back game stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back