PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Behind Enemy Lines: Preseason Week 1 at Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that none among us knows where Hobbs would be slotted, the Eagles fan is no worse than the Patriots fans mocking him.

Fine, then let me ask you which of each of these is more likely to be true:
  • Reiss knows what he is talking about, or Reiss does not know what he is talking about?
  • If Hobbs was still a Patriot, would he be ahead of Butler on BB's depth chart, or would Butler be ahead of Hobbs?
  • If Hobbs were still a Patriot, where would he most likely be on BB's depth chart at cornerback considering the other options?
Yep, I'm guilty of being a homer and a Pats fan. But even so, I am confident that I am at least 0.0001% more objective than the Eagles fan that made those comments about Hobbs and the Pats cornerbacks.

Last edited:
Fine, then let me ask you which of each of these is more likely to be true:
  • Reiss knows what he is talking about, or Reiss does not know what he is talking about?
  • If Hobbs was still a Patriot, would he be ahead of Butler on BB's depth chart, or would Butler be ahead of Hobbs?
  • If Hobbs were still a Patriot, where would he most likely be on BB's depth chart at cornerback considering the other options?
Yep, I'm guilty of being a homer and a Pats fan. But even so, I am confident that I am at least 0.0001% more objective than the Eagles fan that made those comments about Hobbs and the Pats cornerbacks.

Reiss has gotten his training camp information completely wrong in the past on at least one very important position. I'll leave it at that. The rest is just speculation.

Reiss has gotten his training camp information completely wrong in the past on at least one very important position. I'll leave it at that. The rest is just speculation.

Hey I'm willing to speculate that jmt57 is more objective.

Not in the New England hierarchy, he was a starter here and the new guys would have needed to take his job away - for all the folks predicting Springs as a starter, he hasn't even displaced Wilhite who is the only returning starter to finish last season. Let's not forget, BB was reluctant to trade Hobbs and initially turned down the Eagles, it wasn't until he had time to weigh the various factors and options before deciding to use Ellis to get his interior OL in the draft.

15,022 and counting ... :youtheman:

And that one is completely on the money, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes