Welcome to PatsFans.com

Beginning Of Third World America

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -9

2. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

so long constitution? there were immigrants after the constution was ratified.

funny i was just watching a history channel episode on harvesting and they mentionned how there weren't enough laborers because of the crackdown on immigrants(illegal).

maybe the nation should kick more money into education. immigrants are sometimes the hardest workers. they just don't have opportunity.
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -9

Constitution:
    It's a whole new world out there, the old time Immigrant couldn't wait to "Adopt America" the New Immigrant can't wait to "Trash America" (not all of them).

Throwing money at the education problem:
    They will consider it "Racism" if you try to educate them "America" they even now complain about "learning english" they want a country where millions of people are walking around who can't talk to each other.
    PRESS ONE FOR ENGLISH.

If I packed up my family and moved to Greece and became a citizen of Greece and planned to live there for the rest of my life I would do my best to "Become A Greek".

:bricks:
  4. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

is this your personal opinion i assume or do you have references to this sentiment?
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Some people just don't get it. Immigration has to be organized. You just can't have an open border policy, where an invasion of uneducated, unskilled, illiterate people, overwhelm an existing population. You should see Chelsea, where I live. It's 3rd world. People selling fruit out of their trunks on the side of a busy street, a neighbor who sells soap and detergent in front of his house, store signs without english on them, MBTA buses with ads in spanish (no english), and billboards with the same. I sometimes wonder what country I'm in when I'm driving home.
  6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Well look at it this way you don't have to go on vacation to another country. You're living in one. It does sound conveniant though,you don't have to go to the supermarket RW You just step out of you're house. :D
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Just pretend you're actually on vacation in the Caribbean. :rocker::D
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -9

Personal, also all you have to do is follow the news to verify it "Press One For English"

If I invite someone to live in my home they are going to have to live under my rules, if they don't agree I will have to tell them "to leave".
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Now that you mention it, I'm low on shaving cream. I should go see my neighbor. :D

I don't have a problem with stuff like this existing. Afterall, being from an immigrant family, I know how foreignors act, and react, when emmigrating here. My issue is with the magnitude with which this is happening. When you control & regulate the flow, you direct people to blend in with existing standards and culture. I don't think we're doing that very well. When I saw an MBTA bus drive through Chelsea with a Comcast ad in spanish, and zero english, it troubled me. The same for the Heineken billboard on Eastern Ave. I think that brings us a step backward, as opposed to a step forward. What incentive is there to learn our language and culture under such conditions? None.
  10. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Shaving cream,I'm sure they'd give you some their friendly.:D Seriously RW You know my stand on Illegals,back up the trucks an load them in.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Well flex, we believe in Legal Immigration, and not illegal. Sadly, not too many can understand that there is a distinct difference between the two.
  12. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I've seen what legal immagration can do. Starting in the '60's a group of spanish speaking immigrants moved in ever increasing numbers into my hometown Holyoke. At first they lived where my parents and grandparents lived,but they didn't like that. So they started burning the blocks down. The government came in and built new housing this went on four about 4 years then it was my turn. I finally got burnt out in 1975 luckily I wasn't home but three elderly tenants died in the fire. A Spanish kid 16-17 yeaaars ole was seen ouring gasoline on the back porches,and stairs,when I got back only two walls were left standing it looked like a bomb hit the building. Holyoke was rated #2 in the country per capita for fires at the time. On top of the fires was the destruction of the parksa and lakes I played at and went swimming in.They were used as dumping grounds for TV's refridgeraters, washing machines, couches, chairs, and garbage until they were closed to the public. It was like a hoard of locust descendid on that town and changed everything forever. In less than ten years they managed to ruin what was a nice city.
  13. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I look at that as a disadvantage. We want only english here but if you go to europe they know 3-4 languages and how are we suppsoe to compete as a nation in the political and business world. we need to be having kids learn spanish, chinese, etc in the first grade.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -9

I'll go along with that, I would love to have been taught a second language in school I would also like to see the spanish, chinese, etc kids learn Engish.
    If you are an English Speaking American and you move to Germany you can't expect the Germans to learn English to accomodate you, the primary language in America has always been English, if I have a new family move in next door to me in America and if my new neighbor would like to converse with me he had better learn how to speak English.

Again, If I move to Greece and become a Greek citizen the first thing I will do is learn their language so I will be able to talk to them.

This is America, it isn't Mexico or China.

:bricks:
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

You've lost me. Why do we need to learn foreign languages? I'm bilingual, and do think that learning a foreign language is a bonus, but it isn't needed. Countries that use more than one language suffer because of it. People coming here need to learn ours, and not expect us to learn their's.

BTW, who in europe knows 3-4 languages? In Italy they give kids a choice of english, or french. Hardly anyone I know there can speak either.
  16. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

i guess it must be my experience that I know some people in switzerland that know 3-4 languages.

we need to know other languages as americans and most likely chinese since they are a rising superpower and how can we compete with them if we don't have businessmen that know chinese. i think it's part of amercian hubris that everyone should conform to us. our grasp as the #1 power is being threatened by the chinese
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I know some people that speak multiple languages too. We can't teach our kids english in school today, but somehow, someway, we're going to teach them spanish & chinese? Also, who cares if we're #1 or not. You called us an empire in another thread, and now you're saying we need to learn more languages so we can stay top dog. I'd prefer to keep to ourselves, and not act as the world police. Let's stick to English, and the rule of law. Just my 2 cents.
  18. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

we already have the third world healthcare system and education system along with a belligerent dictator who invades other countries to plunder their resources so why not complete the transition..........
  19. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Now you're just being silly and spiteful.

I mean...if we had gas at 50 cents a gallon because of all the good Iraqi crude...I might jump in that pool with ya.

:D
  20. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Alan Greenspan disagrees with you. But I suppose he's a looney left wing quack:rolleyes:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article2461214.ece